Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

COP for dummies :D
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Code of Points
View previous topic | View next topic  
*rotkwicca*

PostPosted: Sat, 24-Feb-2007 20:56    Post subject: COP for dummies :D Reply with quote

I thought of starting a topic like this for those who are only RG fans to ask their "stupid" questions about the code of points and so that more experienced and involved people can perhaps demistify some parts of RG scoring Very Happy

Here you can also ask all sorts of small questions about COP, the elements (values, names, etc) and anything else without hesitation, and to hope that some that are more experts in this field will be kind enough to sort out your dillemas Very Happy

I have first a question, can somebody briefly explain to me the basic differences between the pre-2001 COP and post-2001 COP, and what were the changes in 2005 COP?

Thanks very much in advance Very Happy
OOTCHY

PostPosted: Thu, 1-Mar-2007 19:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, i want to ask 2 stupid questions;
1= what are the changes in the TV did any changes happend or changed Question
if yes ,then what are those changes cause i only see changes in the artistry
2= are there any new regulations or changes in the execution Question

cause it very hard for me to read all that are placed in this forum about the cop , i want just a summary for the new changes
Marie

PostPosted: Thu, 1-Mar-2007 20:23    Post subject: Re: COP for dummies :D Reply with quote

*rotkwicca* wrote:
can somebody briefly explain to me the basic differences between the pre-2001 COP and post-2001 COP

Here is a brief explanation of the 1997-2000 COP:
http://rsg.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7405&highlight=changes

*rotkwicca* wrote:
and what were the changes in 2005 COP?

Here are a couple of topic explaining the changes that were made for 2005:
http://rsg.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1523&highlight=changes
http://rsg.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=881&highlight=changes
http://rsg.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3215&highlight=changes

And here is even a summary of the changes made for 2007:
http://rsg.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13763&highlight=changes
Marie

PostPosted: Thu, 1-Mar-2007 20:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOTCHY wrote:
ok, i want to ask 2 stupid questions;
1= what are the changes in the TV did any changes happend or changed Question
if yes ,then what are those changes cause i only see changes in the artistry
2= are there any new regulations or changes in the execution Question

cause it very hard for me to read all that are placed in this forum about the cop , i want just a summary for the new changes

From 2006 to 2007, nothing changed in the execution.

Very little changed in the Difficulty (TV) value, except that the FIG now has set a tolerance of 20 degrees when validating the difficulty. For example, a split leap of (180 minus max. 20 =) min. 160 degrees is valid as a difficulty, but with an execution deduction if the split is not min. 180 degrees. And as happens a lot throughtout the years, a couple of new difficulties have been added.
OOTCHY

PostPosted: Thu, 1-Mar-2007 23:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

shall i find these difficulties in the NLS Question ...sorry marieMM i didnt understand the part of the split leap
Quote:
a split leap of (180 minus max. 20 =) min. 160 degrees is valid as a difficulty,
Sery

PostPosted: Fri, 2-Mar-2007 3:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOTCHY wrote:
shall i find these difficulties in the NLS Question ...sorry marieMM i didnt understand the part of the split leap
Quote:
a split leap of (180 minus max. 20 =) min. 160 degrees is valid as a difficulty,

Marie explained that for Difficulty absence of amplitude is acceptable if it's within -20 degrees (160 degrees of split in stead of 180).

see the COP, for example:
Pour les pivots en grand écart avec tronc à l’horizontale, le tronc doit garder nettement la position horizontale pour toute la rotation. Une tolérance de 20° est tolérée.

I was said that Madamme did a presentation about the 20 degrees tolerance at World Cup Final and Asian Games.
Jana

PostPosted: Fri, 2-Mar-2007 9:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Very little changed in the Difficulty (TV) value, except that the FIG now has set a tolerance of 20 degrees when validating the difficulty. For example, a split leap of (180 minus max. 20 =) min. 160 degrees is valid as a difficulty

funny for me, because this rule was made for B-level gymnasts in Germany the last years too....
Anna Kull

PostPosted: Fri, 2-Mar-2007 9:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]Quote:
Very little changed in the Difficulty (TV) value, except that the FIG now has set a tolerance of 20 degrees when validating the difficulty. For example, a split leap of (180 minus max. 20 =) min. 160 degrees is valid as a difficulty

This is a shame because it makes people getting nasty in Execution IMO.
Jana

PostPosted: Fri, 2-Mar-2007 9:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I think the new rule has advantages and disadvantages

......for A-level gymnasts its a little bit senseless cause they all have the great flexibility you need for such elements...

but: for some gymnasts its nicer if the judges are more tolerable.....e.g. they do a split standing with 170°....it´s nice to watch too and they get the difficulty points and a dedection in execution....over this its nice that some girls who aren´t that overoveroverflexible get some points more cause in the past they were disadvantaged
OOTCHY

PostPosted: Fri, 2-Mar-2007 12:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sery wrote:
OOTCHY wrote:
Quote:

Marie explained that for Difficulty absence of amplitude is acceptable if it's within -20 degrees (160 degrees of split in stead of 180).

I was said that Madamme did a presentation about the 20 degrees tolerance at World Cup Final and Asian Games.

thank you sery for your explanation
*rotkwicca*

PostPosted: Fri, 2-Mar-2007 19:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for links Very Happy[/code]
maii

PostPosted: Mon, 5-Mar-2007 18:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love this topic! It's was great idea starting one! Love
*rotkwicca*

PostPosted: Mon, 5-Mar-2007 18:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question, from which score do you deduce score when there is no choreography, music is used as backgroun and there is a favourized group of elements that dominates? Also a question, if a gymnast for example had far too many cossack elements or backscale elements she gets deduction right?
Kaja =)

PostPosted: Mon, 5-Mar-2007 20:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

*rotkwicca* wrote:
I have a question, from which score do you deduce score when there is no choreography, music is used as backgroun and there is a favourized group of elements that dominates?

None Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes No, to be honest, it's in Artistry, at least the part about background music.

Quote:
Also a question, if a gymnast for example had far too many cossack elements or backscale elements she gets deduction right?

I didn't know that a specific rule existed for this (I mean I know you can't do two identical elements but I didn't know there was a rule against doing cossack balance, cossack balance tourlant, cossack with raised leg, 720' cossack pivot, 1080' cossack pivot in the same routine to take an example). Anyway if there is such a rule I dare say it only applies for some Rolling Eyes
*rotkwicca*

PostPosted: Tue, 6-Mar-2007 0:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read in some routine analysis of Kapranova that someone did, the person who was analyising said he would give a deduction for her for using to many backscale elements, and not using the carpet effectively or something like that. I can't remember for sure that's why i made this topic in the first place Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Code of Points All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: