Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cost of R.G.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic | View next topic  
Sumpan-Ida

PostPosted: Fri, 16-May-2008 6:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my club in Sweden the girls pay about 75Euros every semester.
(jan-june and jul-dec. This includes 20-25 hours of training per week and extra hours during school breaks).
They pay an extra 32Euros for ballet class once a week.
For a beginners class once a week you pay 22Euros.
This includes insurance.

They pay for their leotards and apparatus themselves if they´re not a part of group - then the club pays for both leotard and apparatus.

Competition: The club always pays for long distance trips and the gymnasts pay for food and hotel if necessary. The competition fee is always payed by the club.

According to a survey the Swedish Sports federation does every years, gymnastics in Sweden is the cheapest sport your children can be a part of. The most expensive is ice hockey.
MartinS

PostPosted: Sun, 18-May-2008 22:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Virja wrote:
I pay 285 euros for 5 hours of training a week I think
I have one comp leo which cost around 80 euro's, but it's very simple.( though I still like it a lot! ) Most leo's are self-made, it's much cheaper.
Fees for competition isn't that much, just a couple of euros
My traveling costs to training are about 20 euros a week, and traveling to competition quickly is about 20 euros if it is with the public transport.
Oh and of course you buy your own apparatus, which sometimes (or often Laughing ) need replacement. And that differs with the brand a lot. And toe shoes, sigh... are taped together with a lot of tape!
Hope this helps,
Virja

Virja, do you really have to pay 285 Euros for 5 hours training a week Question Question Question Shocked That’s really very expensive Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation This means approximately 570 Deutschmark for 5 hours training a week Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Greetings,

Martin
Rhythmic Mom

PostPosted: Sat, 24-May-2008 0:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

In Greece we do it two ways: The parent pays the coach if the coach agrees to take on the child. Do not know what this goes for...will try to find out.

My club charges parents 50 euros per month no matter what the level. We pay for everything else, i.e. participation fees usually 15 euros per routine, equipment, transportation, leos. Leos greatly depend on skill of parent and economic ability. I used to make my daughter's and they never cost me more than 150 and it was mostly the rhinestones. Now I buy the leo and only decorate them and they do cost me about 140-200 euros. It then depends on the amount of rhinestones I put on them.

Some clubs charge a large fee put cover participation costs and national transports.
Virja

PostPosted: Sat, 24-May-2008 9:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Virja wrote:
I pay 285 euros for 5 hours of training a week I think
I have one comp leo which cost around 80 euro's, but it's very simple.( though I still like it a lot! ) Most leo's are self-made, it's much cheaper.
Fees for competition isn't that much, just a couple of euros
My traveling costs to training are about 20 euros a week, and traveling to competition quickly is about 20 euros if it is with the public transport.
Oh and of course you buy your own apparatus, which sometimes (or often Laughing ) need replacement. And that differs with the brand a lot. And toe shoes, sigh... are taped together with a lot of tape!
Hope this helps,
Virja

Virja, do you really have to pay 285 Euros for 5 hours training a week Question Question Question Shocked That’s really very expensive Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation This means approximately 570 Deutschmark for 5 hours training a week Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Greetings,

Martin

Oops, That's per year!! I think I forgot to mention that, you're absolutely right, it would be a bit over the top for only a week. Laughing
RMClub

PostPosted: Sun, 25-May-2008 18:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone, we are a private club in Romania. We charge our girls 7 euros per month. It is s symbolic amount.
In exchange we pay a Bulgarian coach 1200 euros per month in hand. On top we pay the accommodation which is about 600 euros (house and food) and taxes for the coach salary which is 400 euros. All together the coach costs us 2200 euros monthly for a full time job.
Leos is 3-400 euros or at least so much we pay for it.
We pay all the competition and the gym as well. For the gym we pay 2000 euros per month.
tulu

PostPosted: Sat, 31-May-2008 18:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have to pay 1300$
Cirilio

PostPosted: Mon, 2-Jun-2008 10:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

tulu wrote:
We have to pay 1300$

Per year? month?
*Shadow*

PostPosted: Mon, 2-Jun-2008 12:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

in Ukraine it was very cheap

in the US, i had to pay $250 each month
for some reason we paid for each event our coach made for us (for ex. to get a new rope routine we had to pay $100, which is stupid she's the coach and it was her responsibility)
my mom made my leos but fabric, rhinestones, sequins, and all that stuff was very expensive. so each leo was about $700. plus her work so you get like a grand and a half
the fee just to participate in competitions was about $110 for higher levels
the traveling and hotel fee costed about $300-500

sooo expensive Stupid
*Shadow*

PostPosted: Mon, 2-Jun-2008 12:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

RMClub wrote:
Hi everyone, we are a private club in Romania. We charge our girls 7 euros per month. It is s shymbolic amount .
In exchange we pay a Bulgarian coach 1200 euros per month in hand. On top we pay the accomodation which is about 600 euros (house and food) and taxes for the coach salary which is 400 euros. All together the coach costs us 2200 euros monthly for a full time job.
We pay all the competition and the gym as well. For the gym we pay 2000 euros per month.

that's ridiculous Neutral
RMClub

PostPosted: Sun, 8-Jun-2008 8:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Shadow* wrote:
RMClub wrote:
Hi everyone, we are a private club in Romania. We charge our girls 7 euros per month. It is s shymbolic amount .
In exchange we pay a Bulgarian coach 1200 euros per month in hand. On top we pay the accomodation which is about 600 euros (house and food) and taxes for the coach salary which is 400 euros. All together the coach costs us 2200 euros monthly for a full time job.

that's ridiculous Neutral

It may be for your level , but it is true. We have contracts , names and bank documents for all this but never mind.
gymhead

PostPosted: Mon, 9-Jun-2008 1:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Canada, I've heard that the cost for training is around $300-500 per month for a gymnast training 16-20 hours a week, and the leos can cost from $150 to $700 depending on the number of crystals and whether you sew your own. The Canadian dollar is almost on par with the USD. It can cost over $8,000 CAD for one year of training and travel, if you count a couple invitationals in North America (between $400 to $1000 to fly different places in the continent plus accommodation and food, plus cost of coach and possibly judge accompanying team), and the travel to regional and national competitions, as well as one or two trips to Europe. NOT CHEAP! Even gymnaestrada groups training 2 to 6 hours a week can be $100 per month ($1000 for the year). Shocked
Cirilio

PostPosted: Sat, 9-Jan-2010 5:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know the amount of Prize money from the world cup events and world championships?
anna bessonova1986

PostPosted: Sat, 9-Jan-2010 6:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

in an interview bessonova says that her leos cost 200 thousand dollars each cause they're hand made specially and there very beautiful too i mean come on Rolling Eyes but where does she get the money Shocked
Cirilio

PostPosted: Sat, 9-Jan-2010 9:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

anna bessonova1986 wrote:
in an interview bessonova says that her leos cost 200 thousand dollars each cause there hand made specialy and there very beautifull too i mean come on Rolling Eyes but where does she get the money Shocked

maybe she meant in UKR currency it's 2000
sora-chan2

PostPosted: Sat, 9-Jan-2010 18:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

My training costs about £14 a week (7 and a half hours). To enter a competition costs from £10-15 but our club has to pay a fee to enter us I think. We buy all our leos ourself. They cost £100 upwards for a new one but if anyone in our club has a spare leo or one that is too small they might sell it to you for about £50. We pay for all our apparatus, toe shoes etc ourselves too. If we have to travel a long way we have to pay for food and hotels. I think RG is a very expensive sport in the UK Smile

http://www.youtube.com/princessiero2
Ask me a question!
http://www.formspring.me/toastqueen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » The Gym All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: