Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

most users ever was TODAY...

View previous topic | View next topic  
dalit

PostPosted: Sat, 16-Jun-2007 21:29    Post subject: most users ever was TODAY... Reply with quote

i wonder why?,there is no special international event this weekend(or maybe because of this?..-many gymasts,coaches and judges are not busy.)it was in 5:51(!) and there were 193 users on line.
Upy

PostPosted: Sat, 16-Jun-2007 21:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, indeed, you are right; I've just seen the message. I was kinda getting bored with that 86 (or was it 84?) number Razz
Tom T
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Thu, 21-Jun-2007 12:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is amazing! Yes, just how and why does last week's numbers surpass the previous best? From memory I think that previous high mark was week of Athens 2004 RG finals. I try to think a little, what does or could cause?

Hmmm... Number one maybe has to be, how about school is out in northern hemisphere countries (Europe and North America), that has to be one good reason. Maybe that RG is slowly gaining more followers because of youtube, google video etc and it's an inevitable progression? Population growth on the planet has grown since 2004? It cann't be because of the traditional rivalries among senior individuals, no way! Sad to say, because we know the usual top (deserved or undeserved) power placings since about 1998. It just cann't be because of that. The lack of drama particularly among senior individuals has to be hurting the numbers. The other perplexing thing is...each one of us can probably name several earlier hardcore fans and friends that have seemingly left or gone dormant and don't seem to follow RG so much. (One out of the blue sent me an email, then sms 2-months ago...then she was gone again and no more contact!!!)

Let's see where's the drama at the moment??? Senior groups maybe, but they don't perform at Baku. The recent news re change in coaches with the senior BUL group? Hmmm, not likely specifically that would causes this jump. There is a little mystery still with senior groups...to know who wins...Italy, Russia, Belarus, or Bulgaria still...but is several weeks and months still, until a major event. What other dramas do we have just now? What happens to Dominika? A perplexing story in RG, but not a major one at moment. What junior individuals are rising? Always a growth area, but requires a very close knowledge. Wow, this really is a stumper!

After thinking out loud as I write this...here are my best conclusions. Schools out, more ppl are beginning to learn of RG (via the web, not so much due tv coverages) and probably folks are beginning to wonder who makes it to Beijing 2008. There is a little bit of real mystery about who actually qualifies at Patras... Well, what do you think? -T
Marie

PostPosted: Thu, 21-Jun-2007 13:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the Norwegian RG forum (same type as this one), the max online users also jumped a lot higher a few weeks ago - at a time of day (night) when most Norwegians are asleep. My guess is that some sort of bots are trying to attack phpBB forums these days, causing a high number of simultaneous connections...
Janita

PostPosted: Thu, 21-Jun-2007 13:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarieMM wrote:
In the Norwegian RG forum (same type as this one), the max online users also jumped a lot higher a few weeks ago - at a time of day (night) when most Norwegians are asleep. My guess is that some sort of bots are trying to attack phpBB forums these days, causing a high number of simultaneous connections...

i was also thinking on something like this, because it is too much on a day of not competition.
Tom T
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Thu, 21-Jun-2007 18:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marie, Janita
I think you found the reason! Your logic has to be correct. Because the previous high mark record (from memory) was during the week of the Athens 2004 final and the motive was easy to decipher. In sport everyone wants to know who wins! Plus as Dalit comments,
Quote:
...there is no special international event this weekend
dalit

PostPosted: Sat, 23-Jun-2007 5:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well , i don't think it's the reason,i was on line at that time(in Israel it was 2 hours later...) and i was wondering what where they reading? i went to the forum of " events and results" and i checked first the G.P Holon (because i wrote it...) and in 15 min the number of people that read it was more then 50...i looked also in the "videos"-and it was the same story also with the videos from Portugal ...i remembered that i read that in RSGVIDEOS they know from which country the fans are ,maybe they will be able to know also here?
Kaja =)

PostPosted: Sat, 23-Jun-2007 11:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this normal?

"In total there are 78 users online :: 0 Registered, 1 Hidden and 77 Guests"
Question Almost as much as the Athens number, and all guests (even if I'm online and not showing, and I guess there must be some others here too?
natalya

PostPosted: Tue, 26-Jun-2007 9:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

it has changed again today; 213 Shocked
it was around 8 o'clock Confused Shocked
dalit

PostPosted: Fri, 13-Jun-2008 14:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked 258 USERS online now Shocked Exclamation
FaerieDevilish

PostPosted: Fri, 13-Jun-2008 16:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marie wrote:

Totally seconded.
Skazala

PostPosted: Fri, 13-Jun-2008 17:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

In total there are 249 users online :: 4 Registered, 0 Hidden and 245 Guests

probably bots. Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » RSG.net All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: