Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stick broke.....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Code of Points
View previous topic | View next topic  
kaue1990

PostPosted: Sun, 11-Jul-2004 3:45    Post subject: Stick broke..... Reply with quote

Whats happens when the stick of the ribbon broke? The gymnastic looses all the points of the presentation? Question Question
Marie

PostPosted: Sun, 11-Jul-2004 8:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

She has to leave the broken apparatus outside the carpet and take her reserve one to finish the routine. That is a deduction of 0,5+0,1. If she doesn't finish the routine, she gets no points (according to the COP).

If the apparatus breaks at the end of the routine, the deduction is 0,3.

I'm on vacation without the COP, please correct if I'm mistaken.
Kaja =)

PostPosted: Sun, 11-Jul-2004 12:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

But what if they don't have a reserve one??? Shocked They'll just have to leave the carpet???
Marie

PostPosted: Sun, 11-Jul-2004 15:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup!

That's what Bessonova did with ribbon last year, in Corbeil (or was it Thiais?). She actually got a score, I didn't understand why...

Though, I have seen a Russian competition (championship?) where a gymnast was thrown a new hoop when her own broke. A young girl even run out on the carpet to pick it up the broken hoop while the gymnast was in another corner!

It has happened a couple of times in Norway as well, Torny Karin Hesle had a terrible knot in her rope at a Norwegian cup competition in 2001, Vibecke Hoel broke her hoop in a similar competition in 2002 I think. I believe they were both given 0 points.
Jonathan

PostPosted: Sun, 11-Jul-2004 15:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, if the apparatus breaks then the gymnast should receive 0, like I said before, its weird that in Corbeil when Anya had that incident that the FIG didn't know the COP that they wrote.
Cony

PostPosted: Sun, 11-Jul-2004 17:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, they can get a score, it depends on how far they had gotten with the routine, I don´t have my COP now with me so I´m not sure of the time and deductions but it is something like this: if you stop your routine before the first half you get 0 points, if it is after that you get a deduction (don´t remember how much though) in AV and EX if I´m not mistaken and you get points for TV for what you actually had time to do.
I´ll try to look it up and give you the exact answer but I do remember that it is something like this.
Marie

PostPosted: Sun, 11-Jul-2004 21:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

This used to be in the COP, but it is not in the 2001-2004 edition. I am certain, we searched the entire COP for it and there was no word about stopping before or after half a routine.
Jonathan

PostPosted: Mon, 12-Jul-2004 9:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Form Page 9 of COP:

5.4.1 - If the apparatus breaks during an exercise or gets caught in the small beams of the ceiling, the gymnast or the group withh not be authorized to start over.

5.4.2 - However the gymnast or the group will not be penalized for the broken apparatus or the apparatus caught in the small beams of the seiling, but will only be penalized for the concequences

5.4.3. - In such case a gymnast or group may -
+either stop the exerceise
+continue with replacement apparatus
Note: no gymnast is allowed to continue an exercise with broken apparatus.
Penalties - If the gymnast or the group stops the exercise, the exercise will not be evaluated.
Balanceena

PostPosted: Wed, 14-Jul-2004 8:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

so if you broke your stick you broke your stick up in the ceilings, what should you do to be least penalized?
Marie

PostPosted: Wed, 14-Jul-2004 10:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Balanceena: As written above:

MarieMM wrote:
She has to leave the broken apparatus outside the carpet and take her reserve one to finish the routine. That is a deduction of 0,5+0,1. If she doesn't finish the routine, she gets no points (according to the COP).

If the apparatus breaks at the end of the routine, the deduction is 0,3.

If the apparatus breaks at the end and goes outside the field (sometimes happens with hoop), the deduction is 0,3+0,1.
Kelly B

PostPosted: Thu, 19-Aug-2004 21:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are gymnasts penalized for broken apparatus? I mean, it's not their fault that it broke, unless they purposefully step on the stick during their routine or something. Shouldn't they be able to do the routine over with a new apparatus?
Marie

PostPosted: Fri, 20-Aug-2004 9:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparatus doesn't break if treated correct. (Perhaps except certain hoop brands...)
Alina Fan

PostPosted: Mon, 23-Aug-2004 18:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have video of Murata in which her ribb is broken and someone trow her another ribbon...I'm sorry for Yukari, but it was so funny Laughing Laughing Laughing

Marina for Beijing! The girls has it all. Handling, expression, artistry, flexibility, perfect smile...everything that a gymnast needs to be just perfect!
Escalina
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Mon, 23-Aug-2004 20:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question Understand I right?There was somebody who gave her another ribbon? Surprised
Alina Fan

PostPosted: Mon, 23-Aug-2004 22:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Escalina wrote:
Question Understand I right?There was somebody who gave her another ribbon? Surprised

Or coach trowed it...I only know that moment before drop there was no reserve ribbon to pick up there...

Marina for Beijing! The girls has it all. Handling, expression, artistry, flexibility, perfect smile...everything that a gymnast needs to be just perfect!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Code of Points All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: