Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sofia World Cup 5-6 May
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Events & Results
View previous topic | View next topic  
alex_abt

PostPosted: Mon, 23-Jan-2012 7:35    Post subject: Sofia World Cup 5-6 May Reply with quote

Does anyone have any information about the FIG World Cup to be held in Sofia in May? I am considering going and wondering what peoples previous experiences were at the competition? E.g. cost of tickets, where the arena is, what the arena is like, and whether it's a high quality competition. I know last year Kondakova, Merkulova, Staniuta went so hoping it should have a good turn out this year too. Any advise would be appreciated, especially from people who went last year.
just_me

PostPosted: Mon, 23-Jan-2012 17:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are you from, alex?

I couldn't attend last year because I wasn't in Sofia at that time but this year I intend to go Smile.
As far as I know there was no entrance fee last year. I am not sure it will be the same this year but we'll see.
The arena is called Arena Armeec.
http://www.vestnikstroitel.bg/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/ArenaArmeets2.jpg
http://images.ibox.bg/2011/07/25/arena%20armeec/460x288.png
alex_abt

PostPosted: Mon, 23-Jan-2012 19:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

just_me wrote:
Where are you from, alex?

I couldn't attend last year because I wasn't in Sofia at that time but this year I intend to go Smile.
As far as I know there was no entrance fee last year. I am not sure it will be the same this year but we'll see.
The arena is called Arena Armeec.
http://www.vestnikstroitel.bg/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/ArenaArmeets2.jpg
http://images.ibox.bg/2011/07/25/arena%20armeec/460x288.png

Just_me thanks for what information you could provide. It looks like the arena is quite central. I would be travelling from London so not difficult to get to Sofia.
kali495

PostPosted: Mon, 23-Jan-2012 19:30    Post subject: Re: Sofia World Cup 5-6 May Reply with quote

alex_abt wrote:
Does anyone have any information about the FIG World Cup to be held in Sofia in May? I am considering going and wondering what peoples previous experiences were at the competition? E.g. cost of tickets, where the arena is, what the arena is like, and whether it's a high quality competition. I know last year Kondakova, Merkulova, Staniuta went so hoping it should have a good turn out this year too. Any advise would be appreciated, especially from people who went last year.

I was there the competition was well organised and the gymnastics were pretty strong considering that at the same time there was a universiade in China! there wasn't tickets and entrance was free but i think that was because the arena was new-built! So i guess we will have more information about the tickets later in the year! And the arena is almost in the centre of the city, there is many buses or trolleys that leave you in front of the arena.Also the subway is pretty close! I hope you will come! It is going to be really good in my opinion! Smile
butterflyRG

PostPosted: Fri, 30-Mar-2012 15:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am planing to go too! This is the only category A event in 2012! Hopefully, all the big names will be there. Does anyone have info. about the host hotel and schedule or participants list? How long does it take to get to the arena from airport?
just_me

PostPosted: Fri, 30-Mar-2012 16:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

butterflyRG wrote:
I am planing to go too! This is the only category A event in 2012! Hopefully, all the big names will be there. Does anyone have info. about the host hotel and schedule or participants list? How long does it take to get to the arena from airport?

There still isn't a schedule. I am also interested in it and wondering whether the entrance will be free as it was last year.
It shouldn't take you more than 30-40 minutes from the airport to the hall. Bus 84 is the one you could use.
cilmi gabriella

PostPosted: Fri, 30-Mar-2012 20:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love does anybody know the programme of the competition?Does it start on Friday 4 and finish on 5 May Sturday? What time groups will be start on Friday 4 May 2012?
I can wait more.I make plan to go in Bulgaria from Italy.
Go Italy,go,go. Love
AleksandraFan

PostPosted: Fri, 30-Mar-2012 20:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

cilmi gabriella wrote:
Love does anybody know the programme of the competition?Does it start on Friday 4 and finish on 5 May Sturday? What time groups will be start on Friday 4 May 2012?
I can wait more.I make plan to go in Bulgaria from Italy.
Go Italy,go,go. Love

Read the post above yours. There's no schedule yet. Also, as it says in the topic, it's the 5-6, not 4-5.

I ♥ Sasha Merkulova!
butterflyRG

PostPosted: Fri, 30-Mar-2012 20:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

just_me wrote:
butterflyRG wrote:

There still isn't a schedule. I am also interested in it and wondering whether the entrance will be free as it was last year.
It shouldn't take you more than 30-40 minutes from the airport to the hall. Bus 84 is the one you could use.

Thanks for your reply. Do you know if the bus generally runs whole day or for certain hours only? I don't know when I will arrive but plane delays all the times! I heard parking there is terrible? The arena is owned by an insurance company now, I understand, so don't have your expectation up too high for free entrance. They have to make money somwhere. It would be a miracle that would be free for another year .
cilmi gabriella

PostPosted: Fri, 30-Mar-2012 20:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love i have read at f.i.g 's provisional scedule that on 6th May is departure of the delegations.That mean's finals groups are on 5th May. Love
venn

PostPosted: Fri, 30-Mar-2012 21:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

@butterflyRG, the bus runs from 5:00 in the morning till 23:30 in the evening, every 10-15 minutes. Parking is terrible in the city but both the airport and the hall have pretty big parking spaces, so don't worry about this.
For the tickets... If there are any I don't think it will be more than 5 euro per day (even less) so don't worry for this neither.
May be the only problem is that there is no time schedule yet and I'm not sure i it starts on 3th May or 4th May..
just_me

PostPosted: Fri, 30-Mar-2012 23:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

butterflyRG wrote:

Thanks for your reply. Do you know if the bus generally runs whole day or for certain hours only? I don't know when I will arrive but plane delays all the times! I heard parking there is terrible? The arena is owned by an insurance company now, I understand, so don't have your expectation up too high for free entrance. They have to make money somwhere. It would be a miracle that would be free for another year .

venn already answered about the bus.
The thing with the hall is that it has to be rented. If Raeva and the Federation have found enough money to pay the rent, as it was last year, then there will be no entrance fee.
Well, I don't expect anything over 10 lv. so it wouldn't be such a big deal.
eghty

PostPosted: Mon, 9-Apr-2012 13:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

any news ?
just_me

PostPosted: Mon, 9-Apr-2012 17:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

eghty wrote:
any news ?

I believe it was announced they would publish the schedule this week Smile. Fingers crossed!
venn

PostPosted: Tue, 10-Apr-2012 8:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Individuals
http://figfront.lx2.sportcentric.com/system/files/5406/original/RG_Wcup_Sofia_Nominative_Registrations_Ind._April_06.pdf?1334039264

Groups
http://figfront.lx2.sportcentric.com/system/files/5407/original/RG_Wcup_Sofia_Nominative_Registrations_Groups_April_06.pdf?1334039340
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Events & Results All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 1 of 18

Jump to: