Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW LAYOUT.

View previous topic | View next topic  
David

PostPosted: Fri, 30-Jul-2010 13:55    Post subject: NEW LAYOUT. Reply with quote

What about that? Maybe someone should change it. It's old fashion.

BTW: We've got XXI century! Very Happy
latvy6

PostPosted: Fri, 30-Jul-2010 20:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooooooooooh, I'm in agreement! =D
Truebluesea

PostPosted: Fri, 30-Jul-2010 20:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here Very Happy
Jewgenija

PostPosted: Fri, 30-Jul-2010 21:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old but good Wink. I don't like changes so much, I'm an old man Mr. Green.
carles69p

PostPosted: Fri, 30-Jul-2010 21:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well probably it's ok to make some changes but this is ok too Smile
latvy6

PostPosted: Fri, 30-Jul-2010 22:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it best that someone make the design and then the mods and administrators vote on it. There's nothing wrong with the current one but there's also nothing wrong with a new one as long as the basic structure is the same. And if there was a change, it would have to be very good! ^-^;
Youandi

PostPosted: Sat, 31-Jul-2010 13:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i like it how it is now
Tom T
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Mon, 5-Sep-2011 6:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex (our founder) makes all major format changes to rsg.net... He owns and runs a software company by day and doesn't have a lot of time to monitor or make major changes to rsg.net. The current forum (we call rsg.net 2.0) he originated in October 2003 and was a BIG improvement over the earlier format he made in the mid 90's. So 8-years after the change to 2.0 and the forum still goes ok and is relevant even given the advent of Facebook in recent years. Still you are correct, the internet is evolving all the time...the forum's current internal php codes could be upgraded and new features added. Just wouldn't expect major changes to rsg.net anytime soon.

Still, I say "Go for it" and list any new ideas you would like to see!
Maybe, just maybe, someday your ideas will happen. Here's one I've thought about...a "Like" button similar to what's on FB. Except a "Like" button that is native just to rsg.net and relates only to this forum's content. There are a lot of great posts here every day on rsg.net and it would be way cool to give the authors that little bit of credit for their time and effort they put into their posts here. -T
Janita

PostPosted: Mon, 5-Sep-2011 8:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom T wrote:
a "Like" button similar to what's on FB. Except a "Like" button that is native just to rsg.net and relates only to this forum's content. There are a lot of great posts here every day on rsg.net and it would be way cool to give the authors that little bit of credit for their time and effort they put into their posts here. -T

Oh, i've seen this on other boards. I really like this. Like this it's also easier to say that you like some comment or vids posted, without filling the board with unnecessary talks.
Anna Kull

PostPosted: Mon, 5-Sep-2011 14:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "like" button is a good idea but I'd rather go for an "agree" and for a "disagree" button. The problem is that the use of this button may be exaggerated and compromise the readability of the forum.
Youandi

PostPosted: Mon, 5-Sep-2011 20:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.. I like Anna's idea too Smile It still is a sort of "like" button ! What you say about it Anna, can't it be small? (or just not a color) then it won't affect is as much as it is big and green/red
Zita

PostPosted: Sun, 18-Mar-2012 22:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question about the old forum (online before October 2003): what happened to it? Was it merged with the present rsg.net 2.0? Were the topics deleted because they were too old?

I remember having stumbled on a "different" rsg.net as a kid. I suppose it was the first forum, but I wasn't a member then, and wasn't here when the forum was upgraded.

I'm sorry, I couldn't find a topic on this with the search button. Of course, one doesn't get far with "old" and "forum" as key words. Very Happy
Thank you for answering!
Tom T
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Sun, 1-Apr-2012 8:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Zita, I like to answer about the history)))
I believe the only data/info link from the early forum (nickname, rsg.net1.0) would be in the current "Photos & Videos" section and the sub-forum now called, "Old Photos & Videos". There I think you can still find content showing from rsg.net1.0. Other then that, all previous content was wiped clean when Alex introduced the new format (nick, rsg.net2.0) in October 2003, the forum structure you see today Smile

Yes, before 2003, the old forum was wayyy different! Before was an unstructured, wild and very untamed(!) environment. Often off-topic posts would follow immediately after Code of Points posts or photo and video postings. Was a complete freeform potpourri of mixed RG topics without any order. Abuse, flaming and major arguments were common. Honest, was very hard to be a mod back then(!) In fact I left for a couple years after the transition to rsg.net2.0, returned again in 2005 Wink

More history... By mid-2003, the forum had became so out-a-control...Alex stepped-in, took control and at the same time, redesigned the framework with new php coding that you see today. The current series of sub-forums Alex created. Definitely made it much easier for fans, coaches, media journalists, all interested visitors to find and participate in their own personal interests areas. Rsg.net is still not perfect and the security/defenses from spam bot attacks, esp. needs code upgrading.

So yes, the forum you see now was completely revamped. Still is pretty much the only 'go to' forum place for discussing world class rhythmic SmileSmileSmile Hope this helps, Tom
Zita

PostPosted: Tue, 17-Apr-2012 2:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Yes Tom, it helps. Thank you! Freeform potpourri indeed...but weren't all forum like this when the internet began? I suppose every website gets upgraded once in a while. Or I wish they do.

I really can't remember a lot about the first rsg.net. I was a kid, and not allowed much time on the web then. But I remember the sound the computer used to do when it got connected, and I remember finding your photos, Tom. Smile Zita
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » RSG.net All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: