Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Corbeil-Essonnes International Tournament 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Events & Results
View previous topic | View next topic  
graceful_sport

PostPosted: Wed, 16-May-2012 18:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

AleksandraFan wrote:
graceful_sport wrote:
AleksandraFan wrote:

I still disagree. But I suppose part of is it everyone is seeing what they want to see. If they're looking for mistakes, they will undoubtedly find them (not referring to Merkulova; to all gymnasts).

She is clubfooted. She can't pull the foot.

This is club footed: http://www.google.ca/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=club+footed&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&redir_esc=&ei=kdyzT_TGI46e8gTPst2FCQ

So I don't think we need to go to that extreme. Anyway, I showed my coach a video of Sasha that my music happened to be attached to, and the first thing she said was that she had beautiful point. I'm inclined to go with that opinion.

Ofcourse I'm exaggerating.
Have you ever heard about turnout? It's from ballet. Or the first foot position?
AleksandraFan

PostPosted: Wed, 16-May-2012 18:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

graceful_sport wrote:
AleksandraFan wrote:
graceful_sport wrote:
AleksandraFan wrote:

I still disagree. But I suppose part of is it everyone is seeing what they want to see. If they're looking for mistakes, they will undoubtedly find them (not referring to Merkulova; to all gymnasts).

This is club footed: http://www.google.ca/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=club+footed&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&redir_esc=&ei=kdyzT_TGI46e8gTPst2FCQ

So I don't think we need to go to that extreme. Anyway, I showed my coach a video of Sasha that my music happened to be attached to, and the first thing she said was that she had beautiful point. I'm inclined to go with that opinion.

Have you ever heard about turnout? It's from ballet. Or the first foot position?

Yes, I took Ballet for years, and part of the reason I was accepted to train at the best club in my city was my 'beautiful feet'. So yes, I know what a turnout is, and I know about first position. I just think saying 'club foot' was going too far.

I ♥ Sasha Merkulova!
graceful_sport

PostPosted: Wed, 16-May-2012 18:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

AleksandraFan wrote:
graceful_sport wrote:
AleksandraFan wrote:
graceful_sport wrote:
AleksandraFan wrote:

Yes, I took Ballet for years, and part of the reason I was accepted to train at the best club in my city was my 'beautiful feet'. So yes, I know what a turnout is, and I know about first position. I just think saying 'club foot' was going too far.

Wow! Shocked You took Ballet and you say Merkulova's feet are good. She hasn't turnout at all.
AleksandraFan

PostPosted: Wed, 16-May-2012 19:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

graceful_sport wrote:
AleksandraFan wrote:
graceful_sport wrote:
AleksandraFan wrote:
graceful_sport wrote:
AleksandraFan wrote:

Wow! Shocked You took Ballet and you say Merkulova's feet are good. She hasn't turnout at all.

Well, during the school year for three years, and I always hated it.

Never said her turnout is good. I said she's not club footed, and I've seen much much worse turnouts. My main point is that her feet are pointed. Frankly, I don't care much about turnout. At least her feet aren't turned in.

Off topic, but I guess figure skatin is the reason I have a turnout.... Spread eagles.

Sorry for grammar spelling mistakes, I'm typing on my phone.

I ♥ Sasha Merkulova!
psrgomes08

PostPosted: Wed, 16-May-2012 20:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only imagine the comments when Kanaeva retires and Merkulova becomes nș 1 Laughing
uscoach

PostPosted: Wed, 16-May-2012 20:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kanaeva's legs are worse. Actually Merkulova has very good body, very high releve and clean lines. She's pushed ahead of her time, but she is very talented, no doubt.
AleksandraFan

PostPosted: Wed, 16-May-2012 21:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

uscoach wrote:
Kanaeva's legs are worse. Actually Merkulova has very good body, very high releve and clean lines. She's pushed ahead of her time, but she is very talented, no doubt.

+1

I ♥ Sasha Merkulova!
ivan

PostPosted: Thu, 17-May-2012 5:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

uscoach wrote:

http://rhytmic.borda.ru/?1-0-0-00000719-000-150-0

Laughing Laughing Laughing
sammy861

PostPosted: Thu, 17-May-2012 12:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it's official!!
latvy6

PostPosted: Thu, 17-May-2012 18:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

ivan wrote:
uscoach wrote:

http://rhytmic.borda.ru/?1-0-0-00000719-000-150-0

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Did someone on this Russian forum actually compare Sasha to rotten tomatoes? Shocked Watching Or is my Russian just bad...? (and I should probably feel bad for laughing outright at first...)

Anyways, I don't think Sasha has very good lines, and she does have a releve that's great but it's not always consistent unfortunately...but she IS on her way to that point since she's been on the path of improvement, so yeah, being pushed ahead of her time...and that's not good for anyone's development.
AleksandraFan

PostPosted: Thu, 17-May-2012 18:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't imagine the pressure she's under. It's not fair to be so cruel to her Sad

I can't read russian very well, and I'm glad.

I ♥ Sasha Merkulova!
akika10

PostPosted: Thu, 17-May-2012 22:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always wondered how good she really thinks she is.

AleksandraFan- I don't think anyone really 'hates' her. It's just the blatant lying (which goes for a lot of the Russians, unfortunately) on her behalf.

Also, I think her smile can be obnoxious at times but she seems to have toned that down. Laughing
psrgomes08

PostPosted: Thu, 17-May-2012 22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure that Viner didn't obligate Merkulova to go to the EC. She is her favourite gymnast right now, so if Merkulova was unhappy about it, I'm sure she would have picked Dmitrieva. If she's going to the EC is because she wants it.
It is a different situation now. For instance, in Kabaeva's era, she didn't had any choice because at the time she was the number one. But in this case, Merkulova is no. 4! Why isn't Dmitrieva at her place? Because she has a problem with her clubs routine? Well, Merkulova has a problem with pretty much all her routines, she still needs to improve A LOT.
No one in this forum is bashing her. We are only stating our opinion saying she is not ready yet, which is an absolute truth!

(I'm sorry if my English is not clear Quiet )
akika10

PostPosted: Thu, 17-May-2012 22:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Your English almost flawless. If only my Portuguese were the same. Laughing
AleksandraFan

PostPosted: Thu, 17-May-2012 22:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

psrgomes08 wrote:
I'm pretty sure that Viner didn't obligate Merkulova to go to the EC. She is her favourite gymnast right now, so if Merkulova was unhappy about it, I'm sure she would have picked Dmitrieva. If she's going to the EC is because she wants it.
It is a different situation now. For instance, in Kabaeva's era, she didn't had any choice because at the time she was the number one. But in this case, Merkulova is no. 4! Why isn't Dmitrieva at her place? Because she has a problem with her clubs routine? Well, Merkulova has a problem with pretty much all her routines, she still needs to improve A LOT.
No one in this forum is bashing her. We are only stating our opinion saying she is not ready yet, which is an absolute truth!

(I'm sorry if my English is not clear Quiet )

Dmitrieva hurt her foot, or I'm sure it would be her going. Apparently there were pictures of her with a needle in her foot.

Many people are flat out saying that they hope she makes many mistakes, which I think is totally unfair. I consider that 'bashing'.

And your english is lovely! I wish people on Facebook had your english skills Evil Tounge

I ♥ Sasha Merkulova!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Events & Results All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 20 of 21

Jump to: