Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please, help me!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Code of Points
View previous topic | View next topic  
halkonyat

PostPosted: Thu, 21-Jun-2012 17:55    Post subject: Please, help me! Reply with quote

Hi, I wanted to make a ribbon routine. I read that this type of routines has to include 4 jumps and pivots and 2 flexibilities and balances. Well I'm not flexible at all and my balance is very-very low, so what would be the easiest elements of these for me? Thank you, I really hope someone will help me Smile
Juliana

PostPosted: Fri, 22-Jun-2012 1:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Balances:
3B leg at the horizontal (front/sideways): 0.2
5B arabesque/attitude: 0.2
6C ring with help: 0.3
8C trunk at the horizontal (front scale): 0.3
13C cossack: 0.3

Fouette balances: (highly recommended)
8C + 5B(attitude) + 1A(passe): 0.3+0.5 = 0.8
6C + 5B(attitude) + 1A(passe): 0.3+0.5 = 0.8
3B + 5B(attitude) + 1A(passe): 0.2+0.5 = 0.7

Mixed balances (without any heel support):
3B + 5B(attitude): 0.2+0.2+0.1 = 0.5
8C + 5B(attitude): 0.3+0.2+0.1 = 0.6

Flexibilities:
1A leg forward horizontal + 180 rotation of the trunk to arabesque position(or vice versa): 0.1
1B leg forward horizontal + "ronde" to arabesque position: 0.2
30D front split with side roll: 0.4
Tahnee
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Fri, 22-Jun-2012 1:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juliana wrote:

Flexibilities:
1A leg forward horizontal + 180 rotation of the trunk to arabesque position(or vice versa): 0.1

If your balance is not particularly good, I definitely wouldn't recommend starting a fouette balance with a ring shape - getting the timing of this right is not easy. I would suggest starting the fouette balance with an attitude or front horizontal shape.

With flexs, you could also do a 2 foot tonneau (32B), or the attitude-front kick (5C) fouette flex.
Juliana

PostPosted: Fri, 22-Jun-2012 6:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tahnee wrote:
Juliana wrote:

Flexibilities:

If your balance is not particularly good, I definitely wouldn't recommend starting a fouette balance with a ring shape - getting the timing of this right is not easy. I would suggest starting the fouette balance with an attitude or front horizontal shape.

With flexs, you could also do a 2 foot tonneau (32B), or the attitude-front kick (5C) fouette flex.

one thing, techinically, can one perform the ring shape on flat foot first then raise one's heel to get the balance counted? Or it has to be heel-raised during the whole process?
Themis

PostPosted: Fri, 22-Jun-2012 12:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

The correct answer to the question is that you do not need to include any balances or flexibilities. The remaining difficulties can be chosen from any group which means that you can do additional leaps or pivots if you prefer those groups over balances and flexibilities. If this is the FIG code of point that is.
halkonyat

PostPosted: Fri, 22-Jun-2012 13:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW thank you all! Very Happy But I'm quite disappointed, because I don't really understand most of the expressions. Embarassed What mean the '3B', '30D' 'arabesque', 'fouette balance', 'ring', 'tonneau' ... and others? Can you give me pictures or videos about them?
Thank you all, I would love to do that moves! Very Happy Bounce
akika10

PostPosted: Fri, 22-Jun-2012 15:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are the difficulty groups. You can find them in the COP. Wink

http://www.gymnastics.org.au/site/gymnastics/national/downloads/gymsports/rg/pdf/2009%20-%202012%20FIG%20RG%20COP%20Sept%20Edition.pdf

Last edited by akika10 on Sat, 23-Jun-2012 2:15; edited 1 time in total
Juliana

PostPosted: Fri, 22-Jun-2012 18:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Themis wrote:
The correct answer to the question is that you do not need to include any balances or flexibilities. The remaining difficulties can be chosen from any group which means that you can do additional leaps or pivots if you prefer those groups over balances and flexibilities. If this is the FIG code of point that is.

There is nothing right or wrong. It's all about choices. Also, a routine with a lack of variation of elements doesn't give a good impression... and you got to be kidding me that a ribbon routine can be well choreographed with just leaps and pivots?! Well it may be possible depending on the music but not very likely unfortunately.
halkonyat

PostPosted: Sun, 24-Jun-2012 8:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'll do cossack and arabesque in balances, but fouette balances and the fouettes are the same? I thought fouette is a turn Shocked And what would be the easiest turns and jumps? Anyway, I think that would be a great idea to show me on a video, it is quite hard to exlpain the elements Smile
Juliana

PostPosted: Mon, 25-Jun-2012 0:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

halkonyat wrote:
I think I'll do cossack and arabesque in balances, but fouette balances and the fouettes are the same? I thought fouette is a turn Shocked And what would be the easiest turns and jumps? Anyway, I think that would be a great idea to show me on a video, it is quite hard to exlpain the elements Smile

fouette balances are a combination of three balances with at least one rotation of the trunk.
See 0:58 and 1:17 in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwAIpa51vG4
It is a very good element because no matter what shapes you do for the 2nd and 3rd balances, you get 0.5 pts Wink

fouette pivot is another thing and you can see this element in the above video too, at 0:17! This is called fouette in passe - each rotation is worth 0.2.

There's another fouette pivot that Maksimenko and Merkulova like to do. It's called fouette with leg at the horizontal - each rotation is worth 0.3.
See at 0:36, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V75d3m4YIAI
halkonyat

PostPosted: Mon, 25-Jun-2012 7:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! Now, I'm planning to do fouette balances Very Happy Ah I could do fouettes, but now I can't Crying or Very sad I'm practising but lol I can't Very Happy Is the 'fouette with leg at the horizontal' (I know it 'A la second') is much more harder? Neutral Thank you for reply me! Very Happy
Juliana

PostPosted: Mon, 25-Jun-2012 23:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

halkonyat wrote:
Thank you! Now, I'm planning to do fouette balances Very Happy Ah I could do fouettes, but now I can't Crying or Very sad I'm practising but lol I can't Very Happy Is the 'fouette with leg at the horizontal' (I know it 'A la second') is much more harder? Neutral Thank you for reply me! Very Happy

well it may be different for each person. but judging from the difficulty value, i could say it's slightly more difficult than fouette in passe because you technically have to keep your leg fixed at the horizontal. if your leg is flexible enough to be kept stable at the horizontal, you can choose to do this element because it has more momentum compared to fouette in passe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Code of Points All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: