Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hurricane Sandy hitting East Coast

View previous topic | View next topic  
Hoops and Grand Fouettes

PostPosted: Mon, 29-Oct-2012 22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you are all okay. I know quite a few of our members who do live in US, live on the East Coast.
AleksandraFan

PostPosted: Tue, 30-Oct-2012 1:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you guys are ok! My city is supposed to be hit with a pile of rain and wind tonight and tomorrow. School might be cancelled; I hope it will Very Happy

I ♥ Sasha Merkulova!
Linnea

PostPosted: Tue, 30-Oct-2012 15:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, my family got hit pretty hard, without power for a day, my sister's car almost got hit by 3 falling trees while she was driving home from ballet. No school yesterday or today... Which I suppose is a good thing. A transformer exploded at my school and there was a fire in the school. Here's a picture of my friend's tree in her backyard:

It's been pretty scary.
RinaRg

PostPosted: Wed, 31-Oct-2012 15:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope everybody is ok there ..
I am worried about my uncle who lives in New York , we lost contact with him and we don't know how is he now Crying or Very sad
Sasta33

PostPosted: Fri, 16-Nov-2012 18:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linnea wrote:
Yeah, my family got hit pretty hard, without power for a day, my sister's car almost got hit by 3 falling trees while she was driving home from ballet. No school yesterday or today... Which I suppose is a good thing. A transformer exploded at my school and there was a fire in the school. Here's a picture of my friend's tree in her backyard:

It's been pretty scary.

Falling trees are a scary thing...definitely not fun, that's for sure. I'm glad to hear that she is okay.

Here in New Jersey, we finally got power back on after two weeks in some towns. There a quite a few still without any power, which is unfortunate.

Our schools were out for two weeks, but that's just in the towns that didn't have major damage. For the towns and cities that were severely damaged, well, we don't even know when they're going back to school. :/ Probably not before December. Some of the schools here on the Jersey Shore were destroyed.

We had the National Guard posted at a lot of the neighborhoods around here to block people from entering the severely destroyed neighborhoods. Last weekend, we helped clean out a lot of houses here on the shore that had been completely flooded through. Many of them were on the verge of collapse, so we couldn't go inside. The National Guard were pulling bodies from the rubble of some collapsed houses of those who didn't evacuate, so we had to stay away from certain streets. We walked by the marina near us, and boats were flipped over and capsized. We even saw a few boats that had been thrown up onto the bridge from the impact of the waves. Crazy stuff.

This is the first week where Army and National Guard helicopters haven't been flying over our house every thirty minutes. It's a weird kind of quiet.

This video shows what the waves looked like not far from us: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ady9mc7fdTU
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Off Topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: