Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Number of Olympic groups might be increased

View previous topic | View next topic  
Gergely

PostPosted: Fri, 29-Nov-2013 22:12    Post subject: Number of Olympic groups might be increased Reply with quote

Interesting news on the FIG official site regarding RG:

http://www.fig-gymnastics.com/vsite/vnavsite/page/directory/0,10853,5187-188442-205664-nav-list,00.html

"The Executive Committee has decided to study the restructuring its Olympic contingent for Rhythmic Gymnastics, bringing from 6 to 5 the number of gymnasts in a group, which would allow for 14 instead of 12 groups to participate in the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro"

I'd be up for this.

Other tiny bits from the decisions:
- RG sends Charkashyna to the Athletes' Commission (this was known back at the Worlds)

- Milena Milacic switches nationality from Montenegro to Serbia

- Diana Doman (any info on her?) switches nationality from Estonia to Azerbaijan

COP

- "The Executive gave the Presidential Board the power to accept modifications to the Rhythmic Gymnastics code of points at its January 2014 meeting. These changes will be valid for the 2014 Rhythmic worlds in Izmir (TUR)"
latvy6

PostPosted: Fri, 29-Nov-2013 23:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder why Milena switched to Serbia? Given the relationship between Serbia and Montenegro I assumed she'd stay. Perhaps it's a logistical decision to allow her in more competitions or get more support from a different federation capable of doing so? Guess I can't say I'm surprised.

Diana Domon was a junior for Estonia, but she'll be competing as a senior in 2014 I believe. I wonder why Azerbaijan is getting more foreign gymnasts…they have Yusifova and Durunda…what's the incentive I wonder?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLX6WzHf8iM
Themis

PostPosted: Sat, 30-Nov-2013 0:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for these news. Will groups of five be allowed a non competing reserve? Doman will probably be a good group gymnast for Azerbaijan. Milacic is more of a mystery. Is Serbia much better off than Montenegro?
Gergely

PostPosted: Sat, 30-Nov-2013 9:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Themis wrote:
Thank you for these news. Will groups of five be allowed a non competing reserve? Doman will probably be a good group gymnast for Azerbaijan. Milacic is more of a mystery. Is Serbia much better off than Montenegro?

The first is a very good question. The Olympic competitor number limitations are very strict, so the FIG probably wouldn't get away with that. My guess is that there will be groups of five with a nominated reserve who can join only in case of injury.

About Milacic: I think there might be slightly better opportunities, yes.
Justin

PostPosted: Sat, 7-Dec-2013 0:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition, I read:

FIG wrote:
- Organisers of the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro (BRA) have secured the services of Ms Naomi Valenzo (MEX), FIG Women’s Technical Committee Vice-President, for the position of Director of Gymnastics Competitions. The same organisers have confirmed the organisation of a gymnastics Gala;

I interpret that as the gala is coming back after a hiatus of one Olympiad Smile.
Nele Põldvere

PostPosted: Mon, 9-Dec-2013 7:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really surprising news about Doman. She had a great club and great coaches with original ideas for choreography in Estonia... But money talks. Recently there was an article about Karina Jerõgina, who trains in the same club, and whose dream is to train at least for a week in Moscow but simply can't afford it... No support whatsoever.
M.Brzeska-Fan

PostPosted: Mon, 14-Apr-2014 16:53    Post subject: Re: Number of Olympic groups might be increased Reply with quote

Gergely wrote:
Interesting news on the FIG official site regarding RG:

http://www.fig-gymnastics.com/vsite/vnavsite/page/directory/0,10853,5187-188442-205664-nav-list,00.html

"The Executive Committee has decided to study the restructuring its Olympic contingent for Rhythmic Gymnastics, bringing from 6 to 5 the number of gymnasts in a group, which would allow for 14 instead of 12 groups to participate in the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro"

I'd be up for this.

yes, interesting. I think it`s good to have 14 instead of only 12 groups.
But only 5 group gymnasts? So no replacement. Weird, not sure what to think.

Any news on this?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » The Gym All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: