Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

toe shoes...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Leotards & Equipment
View previous topic | View next topic  
iloverhythmic

PostPosted: Thu, 12-Apr-2012 3:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know.. what is the best material for pivots? Like leather, fabric, etc.
Zita

PostPosted: Tue, 17-Apr-2012 3:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't the best material for shoes depends on what kind of floor you're training on? We have sprung floors in my dance school. I prefer to wear leather there, because when I use fabric, I slip. But maybe it's different with different brands of shoes.

When I'm in the gym, I use fabric shoes, light running socks...or very old leather shoes. I train on an old 1970s AG floor, thought. I don't know about RSG floors.
Our floor is so old that its makes little tumbleweeds if you try a pivot bare feet. Watching Zita
Linnea

PostPosted: Tue, 17-Apr-2012 17:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

One note: NEVER buy Capezio toe shoes. My mom bought some for me to try. They're horrible! You can't turn in them, the sizes run too small, and they ripped after doing one routine.
AleksandraFan

PostPosted: Tue, 17-Apr-2012 17:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linnea wrote:
One note: NEVER buy Capezio toe shoes. My mom bought some for me to try. They're horrible! You can't turn in them, the sizes run too small, and they ripped after doing one routine.

My friend thought they were amazing, until she tried to compete in them. They actually ripped while she was on the carpet, and she'd only worn them once before.

Question for anyone: I have Sasaki toe shoes that are amazing; they've lasted really well and I love them. But the bottom on my right shoe (my turning foot) is starting to rip. I have another pair of shoes, but I don't want to start using them until after competition season is over. My coach said that I can duct-tape the inside and outside of the shoe; has anyone done this before? Does it work? Any other suggestions?

I ♥ Sasha Merkulova!
Gymnastics4every1

PostPosted: Thu, 26-Jul-2012 14:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basset Hound wrote:
Russian gymnasts use "Grishko" toe shoes.
http://www.dancechoice.com/default.asp?mart=76

Gymnastic shoes
http://gymnastics-fantastic.com/shoes/gymnastics-shoes/
mireille

PostPosted: Fri, 3-Aug-2012 10:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to buy alina grishko toe shoes on this website: http://www.rsg-shop.com/en/half-shoes-c-123_124.html

Does anyone has experience with this site?
Bella

PostPosted: Sat, 4-Aug-2012 10:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

mireille wrote:
I want to buy alina grishko toe shoes on this website: http://www.rsg-shop.com/en/half-shoes-c-123_124.html

Does anyone has experience with this site?

We bought toe shoes for our club from that site and they came very fast ( I think after 3-4 days, but in Germany)
rhythmicgymnastics28

PostPosted: Wed, 6-Nov-2013 11:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

What toe shoes does Kudryavtseva wear? They are not from Grishko if I'm right..?
Diyana

PostPosted: Wed, 6-Nov-2013 14:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhythmicgymnastics28 wrote:
What toe shoes does Kudryavtseva wear? They are not from Grishko if I'm right..?

No, she doesn't use Grisko toe shoes
Diyana

PostPosted: Sun, 17-Nov-2013 18:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

She uses those

http://www.pastorellisport.it/it/content/view/full/8250
rhythmicgymnastics28

PostPosted: Mon, 18-Nov-2013 17:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diyana wrote:

She uses those

http://www.pastorellisport.it/it/content/view/full/8250

Thank you!!
moon kitten

PostPosted: Wed, 25-Jun-2014 14:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently deciding which toe shoes to buy, and I was wondering if anyone could give me any opinions about the ones I'm trying to decide between? Smile (sorry this is kinda long!)

The only toe shoes I've used so far have been cheap Rizumi ones that are 1-2 sizes too small (I bought them at a place where it was the biggest size they had, haha). They've been really comfortable actually, and they survive being put in the washing machine once a week. But I'm curious to know if there's a big difference in quality between the cheap toe shoes and more expensive well-known-brand ones? Do they make it easier to turn? I could buy a Rizumi pair again in my real size for only $15, which would be the cheapest option.

I'm considering buying the Sasaki or Pastorelli kind that are like a sock. I'm also thinking about the Chacott one that is microfiber on the bottom and stretch material on top: http://www.rhythmic.com.au/chacott-stretch-half-shoe/. Haha but I wonder if it would get smelly more quickly with nylon-y stretch material on top Neutral ? I'm also considering a plain microfiber chacott one. The problem with all of these ones is that they will cost close to $50 when I pay for shipping, so I'm curious to know if they're worthwhile? If there's any kind of non-leather toe shoe that you guys really recommend i'd be curious to hear what it is Smile Thanks in advance!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Leotards & Equipment All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: