Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

In search of music titles? Read here

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Music & Editing
View previous topic | View next topic  
Justin

PostPosted: Sun, 20-Feb-2011 23:34    Post subject: In search of music titles? Read here Reply with quote

In this sub forum, you can always ask other users whether they know the title or artist of the music gymnasts and groups have been using. However, before asking, it is most wise to first check the

»»»» RG Music List ««««

The list includes over thousands of music entries gymnasts and groups have used over the past decades, disseminated by the whole RG community. This will certainly help you in achieving your music related objectives.

Marie has passed the administration of this famous RG Music List, initiated by Vilje, to me a while ago. First, I successfully managed to remove about 600 incorrect and duplicate entries, and meanwhile update the lists from time to time. Second, and perhaps most importantly, I hope to update the lists frequently, for at least one year Smile.

This means you can expect clean lists once more, although it's very hard to keep the list 100% error free -- I do not have the knowledge of knowing each single routine, of course, but I'll do my best!

If you have any question or suggestions, please feel free to PM me any time.
NeUTRoN_Hr

PostPosted: Mon, 21-Feb-2011 2:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would we do without it??

This website is awesome!, thanks Justin....
I´ve noticed the changes, and it looks really ordered....
I´m posting the titles frecuently...(I´m in 7th place! yay! Very Happy ...)..But still some titles missed!! Neutral ....
Janita

PostPosted: Mon, 21-Feb-2011 14:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

first of all a big thanks to Marie & Justin to create this database.

Secondly, this topic really exist to show everybody there exist such a database. If you like to contribute, you can always post a name here. (preferrably in Justin's list, but here is also fine).
This also means that all post in this topic concerning "what the name of this song ...." will be deleted without notice ! If you would like to know the name of a song, and it's not listed yet in Justin's Database, then you can ask your question in this topic.Request the name of this song.
Justin

PostPosted: Mon, 21-Feb-2011 16:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Janita, thanks Smile.

@Neutron_HR: Thanks... If you are wondering where your just posted titles are: I already added them to the list. Please make sure you select the appropriate country (Russia - RUS) and when mentioning a group music title(s), please select the group competition from the dropdown list, as I thought I lost a title =P.

In case you (or anyone else) wonders why the amount of titles given in the top 8 posters sometimes decreases, that is because it often occurs people provide a duplicate entry, or when the music title is just a change in use of consecutive years (i.e. providing a "new" title for 2011, while the gymnast/group used the same music for the same routine in 2010). From the latter, I usually edit the original entry, and remove the new entry.
RGSuperfan

PostPosted: Mon, 21-Feb-2011 19:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have bought the Shazam especially to help with that list Angel
Justin

PostPosted: Wed, 20-Jul-2011 12:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated the list again after 3-4 months. The list should be cleaned again.

By the way, after a few months I have been noticing that, with the country drop down list upon submitting instead of an empty field, there were no incorrect country codes in the list anymore Smile.
Justin

PostPosted: Sat, 10-Sep-2011 21:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated the list again.

New guideline has been put up for submitting music titles that has been used for multiple/consecutive years.
Justin

PostPosted: Tue, 1-Nov-2011 22:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

The list was updated last Thursday.

In addition, a new page with spelling differences and conventions has been put online. In the music list, we try to uniform the spelling as much as possible. (Check here) So: Garaeva, and not Garayeva; we use Evgenia Kanaeva and not Evgeniya Kanayeva. Of course, we know that especially with the cyrillic writings the interpretation into latin/roman characters is fairly open.

If you have any more confusing names you know about at your disposal, please feel free to add it in this topic.
Justin

PostPosted: Thu, 19-Jan-2012 1:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

The list was updated today, Thursday January 19th, 2012, 1:00 CET.

This means we can start a fresh new list for 2012. A few titles have been added already.
dalit

PostPosted: Mon, 28-May-2012 5:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin wrote:
The list was updated today, Thursday January 19th, 2012, 1:00 CET.

This means we can start a fresh new list for 2012. A few titles have been added already.

Any new fresh title from the recent month? something from ind.in a romantic soft style that will be able to suit a ribbon and ball routine?
thanks in advance Smile
Justin

PostPosted: Sat, 6-Apr-2013 19:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dalit, I am terribly sorry I didn't notice your message from last year, since I rarely show my face here on the forums. Hope you have found some nice music pieces in the last eleven months Wink.

Anyway, just wanted to let everybody know I am updating the music list more often again.The other day I successfully updated all new entries from the last 6 months, so if you wonder where all those new entries were, they are just integrated with the rest of the database.

Right now, I am busy submitting new entries since I am watching the Lisbon World Cup live (thank you very much Marc!), and I'll leave them for a while there, before commencing the new update cycle.

Finally, I have seen there were HEAPS of double 'Maksymenko' entries, while the spelling 'Maximenko' was in circulation in the database (resulting in like 6 entries for her current ball routine). Despite the spelling 'Maximenko' came in first on the lists many years ago, I decided all entries are changed to 'Maksymenko'. So hopefully further confusion on spelling differences can be avoided.
Justin

PostPosted: Sun, 8-Sep-2013 15:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

List has been updated again. Very satisfied with the entries over the last few months, as I had to discard and edit just a very few entries Smile. So, keep going Smile.

By the way, if you want to submit music titles for junior groups, it is not necessary to add "Junior" in any of the fields. Just the country name is sufficient, as the different apparatuses being used already suggests if we deal with a junior or senior group Smile.

I plan to update the list a bit more in the groups and exhibition section though. Especially the group list is quite lengthy with near 800 entries.
Justin

PostPosted: Fri, 27-Dec-2013 23:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final update of 2013, with only less than 10 duplicate or incorrect entries and over 200 approved entries. The unverified section should be cleaned a bit.

I'm hesitating whether I should remove the current unverified records, because they have been around for almost 5 years by now....
Justin

PostPosted: Fri, 3-Jan-2014 15:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minor update: you can now enter a country in the quick search to display all group routines from that particular country, e.g. "Spain".

If you type a single (or combination of certain) letters, you will have both Individuals and groups listed. For instance, if you enter "U", you will see all individuals starting with an U listed, as well as all groups directly below them.

I have decided to do so, since the group list almost exceeds 800 records, which might be nasty upon navigating or browsing.

Do note the quick search is ordered by apparatus, and not by year.

EDIT 08 JAN 2014: Forgot to mention I fixed a minor bug: "/tr>" should no longer appear to the top of the page upon querying and displaying unverified titles.
AnnaBessonovaNumber1Fan

PostPosted: Sat, 26-Jul-2014 21:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a bit of a long shot, but I remember seeing a Rhythmic Gymnast using a remix of Kill Bill - Ironside. If I remember rightly, I saw it in 2006, the European Championships In Moscow I think. Does this ring any bells to anyone? I know it's vague but that's all I remember Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Music & Editing All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: