Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2019 World Championships to be held in... Baku

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Events & Results
View previous topic | View next topic  
Jonathan

PostPosted: Tue, 25-Nov-2014 22:36    Post subject: 2019 World Championships to be held in... Baku Reply with quote

Cool
maksymehappy

PostPosted: Tue, 25-Nov-2014 23:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonathan... enough please. Lightning doesn't strike in the same place three times.
Question
Paleeya

PostPosted: Wed, 26-Nov-2014 10:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh wow... good for them, after many ECH year after year. Laughing
their hall this year in ECH was very spectacular tho. Love
ybalka_

PostPosted: Thu, 27-Nov-2014 1:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh not again! That boorish, brute, disrespectful audience... Quiet Baku is an endless nightmare Blub

They'd better start saving for the enquirys on Aze gymnasts scores.
Gergely

PostPosted: Fri, 28-Nov-2014 20:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baku is really going for an Olympics, they are hosting major competitions left, right and centre. I'd be very surprised if they wouldn't host a Games in the 2020s.

Anyway, not many countries are exactly rushing to host an RG Worlds I think (it's not a huge draw and the costs are not little) - just look at the distribution. I'd like to see one in the American continent and also in Italy or Spain, though.
latvy6

PostPosted: Sat, 29-Nov-2014 6:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd personally like to see one in Bulgaria... :/

Alas... >_>"
2gym

PostPosted: Sun, 30-Nov-2014 12:59    Post subject: world 2019 Reply with quote

Yes, Gergely, it would be nice to see one in the Americas, but as for the USA...very few people will stop school, or work, to fly to the competition.
USAG gave up trying to have RG Nationals as a meet by itself. Last year they combined it with trampoline, tumbling and acrobatic gymnastics. They saved money by having it all together, but the audience was mostly parents of the gymnasts and team members. They will do the same thing for 2015.
Sasta33

PostPosted: Tue, 16-Dec-2014 15:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're definitely right with that observation, 2gym. I remember we attended the US Nationals several years ago for rhythmic gymnastics, when it was in Philadelphia.

My friend attended the artistic Nationals down the street at the huge, fancy convention center, while the rhythmic was at a local high school/private school gym somewhere. We went to the trouble of buying tickets ahead of time, and then when we got to the rhythmic venue, no one was there from USA Gymnastics to even bother to collect them, so we could have essentially skipped pre-buying them altogether and just gotten in for free, really. There was no one even at the front door letting us in!

Then when we got inside, , there were about eight people in the audience, not including our little group of four people. It was very quiet, no real cheering or joviality, and it was so very different from the artistic gymnastic meet down the road.

I can understand why they would combine the artistic, rhythmic, and trampoline events. Rhythmic draws zero audience here in America.
butterflyRG

PostPosted: Tue, 16-Dec-2014 16:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outside of Europe, the situation is more or less the same anyway. In terms of fans, my rating goes

1. Spain
2. Italy
3. Russia

Russian got third, I think they are into themselves only. What is your fan rankings?
Gergely

PostPosted: Tue, 16-Dec-2014 22:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sasta33 wrote:
You're definitely right with that observation, 2gym. I remember we attended the US Nationals several years ago for rhythmic gymnastics, when it was in Philadelphia.

My friend attended the artistic Nationals down the street at the huge, fancy convention center, while the rhythmic was at a local high school/private school gym somewhere. We went to the trouble of buying tickets ahead of time, and then when we got to the rhythmic venue, no one was there from USA Gymnastics to even bother to collect them, so we could have essentially skipped pre-buying them altogether and just gotten in for free, really. There was no one even at the front door letting us in!

Then when we got inside, , there were about eight people in the audience, not including our little group of four people. It was very quiet, no real cheering or joviality, and it was so very different from the artistic gymnastic meet down the road.

I can understand why they would combine the artistic, rhythmic, and trampoline events. Rhythmic draws zero audience here in America.

Sounds just like a regular Hungarian local competition Mr. Green
Gergely

PostPosted: Tue, 16-Dec-2014 22:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

butterflyRG wrote:
Outside of Europe, the situation is more or less the same anyway. In terms of fans, my rating goes

1. Spain
2. Italy
3. Russia

Russian got third, I think they are into themselves only. What is your fan rankings?

Well, Spain and Italy fans are definitely nuts, I'm waiting for the Italians to set up pyrotechnics soon, and the trademark Spanish banshee shriek is threatening with a loss of hearing Mr. Green Both sets of fans are absolutely brilliant. I'm curious how the German crowd will be at next year's Worlds.
ybalka_

PostPosted: Wed, 17-Dec-2014 0:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gergely wrote:
I'm curious how the German crowd will be at next year's Worlds.

They'll be efficient and on time. Laughing Laughing

Seriously, German fans seem to be quite the party from what I could see all these years in Berlin Masters or Bremen 2010 Ec Smile

P.D: I think French fans rock it too!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Events & Results All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: