Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rhythmic gymnastics diet?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

View previous topic | View next topic  
Linnea

PostPosted: Sat, 3-Nov-2012 3:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many calories would you say I would burn in an intense 4-hour training session? Always wondered. I'm 105 lbs. and 5 foot 6 inches.
FaerieDevilish

PostPosted: Sat, 3-Nov-2012 7:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can't be measured from the info you're giving. You need to know what exactly you're doing during an 'intense' session (how much cardio, how much strength training), your heart rate in each interval, how much rest you're having, etc.

The most qualified people to answer your question would be in your gym, but it might be a bit of a stretch even for them. If you're really curious, you can use a device like a Bodybugg to measure your calorie burn rate during each ession.
akika10

PostPosted: Mon, 12-Nov-2012 19:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea why they are so worried about a fluctuation of a few pounds. It barely makes a difference in performance.

Besides, the amount of Swarovski they put on leotards these days is enough to negate any weight loss or gain. Razz
Dudina

PostPosted: Mon, 12-Nov-2012 20:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="akika10"]
Besides, the amount of Swarovski they put on leotards these days is enough to negate any weight loss or gain. Razz[/quote

ahahhahahahahahahahahha! Very Happy you're right!
halkonyat

PostPosted: Sun, 30-Dec-2012 8:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is Christmas time... and of course, I gained some kilos. My family doesn't like to see me not to eat a lot, but I would love to lose some weight. So, for example only fruits for lunch is totally banned. I lose and gain kilos easily, but I'm still short and a bit crummy. Could you offer me some simple diet, please? Smile Thank you very much!
sanchara

PostPosted: Thu, 3-Jan-2013 3:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should discuss with your coach or nutritionist how many calories you need in a day.

You need to have enough food so that you have energy to train your hardest.

Just don't eat any sugar or white grain/ simple carbs and other wise eat normally. You don't need a diet you just need to train hard and eat clean. Smile

I really do like the "six small meals" method of eating where you end up eating the same amount of food as you would with three meals but over a larger period of time.

Talk to your family about your goals so that they can understand. OF course they worry - only fruits for lunch is kindof a small amount of food. But if you are eating ENOUGH
other things throughout the rest of the day it should be okay
halkonyat

PostPosted: Sat, 5-Jan-2013 18:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

sanchara wrote:
You should discuss with your coach or nutritionist how many calories you need in a day.

You need to have enough food so that you have energy to train your hardest.

Just don't eat any sugar or white grain/ simple carbs and other wise eat normally. You don't need a diet you just need to train hard and eat clean. Smile

I really do like the "six small meals" method of eating where you end up eating the same amount of food as you would with three meals but over a larger period of time.

Talk to your family about your goals so that they can understand. OF course they worry - only fruits for lunch is kindof a small amount of food. But if you are eating ENOUGH
other things throughout the rest of the day it should be okay

Thanks for replying Bounce
Ah my diet isn't this serious, it's just a typical teenager-dream Rolling Eyes But I'm not very good in this as I love cooking and every week I'm making a cake Laughing
But at least I'm training hard hehe, and try to not eat after 6 pm. I'm going to try what you said about 'six small meals'. We'll see how it's going. Smile
Zita

PostPosted: Thu, 22-Aug-2013 3:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
I found a few pages for all among us who need inspiration for healthy lunches and snacks...please tell me I'm not the only one going back to school soon?

Energy Bar
http://www.pointemagazine.com/issues/octobernovember-2009/energy-bars-good-bad-and-and-ugly

Dancers food diaries
http://www.pointemagazine.com/issues/junejuly-2011/your-best-body-food-diaries

Snack Ideas
http://www.pointemagazine.com/issues/augustseptember-2012/dance-bag-diet

So...I know, that website is not European; maybe the same brands of snack bars are not available everywhere in the world, but I thought it might give a good idea of what some dancers decide to snack on.

I'm not saying that gymnasts and dancers have exactly the same eating habits, but surely they are points in common.
MysteriousBallerina

PostPosted: Sun, 15-Mar-2015 19:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is fourteen pages long and it has probably already been said...but eating food high in fiber is definitely helpful with feeling full when you are eating less.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » The Gym All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: