Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Test Event for Olympic Games at Rio de Janeiro 2016
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Events & Results
View previous topic | View next topic  
M.Brzeska-Fan

PostPosted: Thu, 28-Apr-2016 15:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy the German group qualified for Rio! Bounce

Shocking to see that Brazil group placed ahead of Azerbaijan group Shocked
I won`t complain though. I am happy for the Brazil girls Wink
M.Brzeska-Fan

PostPosted: Thu, 28-Apr-2016 15:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gergely wrote:
OLYMPIC TEST EVENT, FINAL RESULTS
(1. Staniouta BLR 72.215 - not competing for an Olympic spot)
2. Ashirbayeva KAZ 69.500
3. Ruprecht AUT 67,466
4. Bertolini ITA 67.165
5. Volkova FIN 67.116
6. Serdyukova UZB 66.865
7. Filiorianu ROU 66.699
8. Shang Rong CHN 66.498
9. Berezko GER 66.074
---------OLYMPIC QUALIFICATION LINE--------
10. Liu Jiahui CHN 65.866
11. Nazarenkova UZB 65.532
12. Diaz Arnal MEX 65.366
13. Bezzoubenko CAN 65.065
14. Jung GER 64.733
15. Tikkanen FIN 64.624
16. Harutyunyan ARM 63.483
(17. Gaudio BRA 63.265 - she has the host spot)
18. Assymova KAZ 62.873
19. Mickova CZE 62.683
20. V. Bogdanova EST 62.498
21. Russo 62.381
22. Vass HUN 61.874
23. Kallemaa EST 61.878
24. Kratochwill SLO 55.049

FIG to confirm the results

Thanks. Jana Very Happy

I remember before last Olympics (London) there was an extra competition in Germany between Jana Berezko-Marggrander and Laura Jung to decide who goes to London. Any chance they will do it again and so Laura has a chance to participate in Olympics? Or will Jana go 100% to Rio?

What happened to Dora Vass? Many here expected her to qualify. Only 22nd place. Quite shocking Confused
M.Brzeska-Fan

PostPosted: Thu, 28-Apr-2016 15:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gergely wrote:
On a side note, Dóra Vass has announced her retirement after failing to get an Olympic berth. She'll say goodbye to RG at the Koop Cup, Toronto.

Oh, that is very sad. Sorry for you, Gergely Sad

Maybe Laura Jung will also retire if she doesn`t make it to Rio Sad
I remember she was VERY disappointed and sad that she missed London Olympics.
Laura needed some months to recover from this huge disappointment and almost retired ...
The coaches had to motivate Laura to not give up and try to qualify for Rio Olympics.
ririx

PostPosted: Thu, 28-Apr-2016 15:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately the test event spots are nominative, so it is certain Laura Jung wont go. If Jana withdraws, the next one on the test event list will qualify (I think it is the mexican girl ?).

And last time for London, the test in Germany between Laura and Jana was about which one of them should go to the test event (and would be able to get the spot for the OG, which was already nominative). It was a fierce battle, because Laura was the one who had earned the spot for the test event at Montpellier worlds (Jana was injured and could not go). But in the end Jana was better so they decided to send her to the test event, and she got the spot.

Edit : I just looked at her facebook fanpage, and she says that she is very happy about her competition in Rio, because she did everything cleanly and enjoyed it. Also she says that she ended ahead of several gymnasts who were better than her at the end of the last season, which was not expected and makes her happy. She says she is not disappointed at all.

I think she knew before coming that she was more than unlikely to qualify, because it meant both being in top 8/10 and being better than Jana...
maksymehappy

PostPosted: Sat, 30-Apr-2016 10:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

ririx wrote:
I just looked at her facebook fanpage, and she says that she is very happy about her competition in Rio, because she did everything cleanly and enjoyed it. Also she says that she ended ahead of several gymnasts who were better than her at the end of the last season, which was not expected and makes her happy. She says she is not disappointed at all.

She must be getting media-savvy then. This is a way of getting journalists off her back and pre-empting the journalist's natural headline "Jung disappointed for a second time in Olympic qualification".
The thing definitely NOT to do is say "I feel like I let everybody down" as one gymnast did not so long ago, which gives the media a stick to beat you with. Of course you don't have to go so far as I tend to with "I did try, but in the end you'll get what you are given", which is why yours truly has been always considered about as trainable as the average house cat.
Tchachinafan

PostPosted: Mon, 9-May-2016 23:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

This press release from the South African Gymnastics Federation says that indeed Grac'es invitation was substitued by Cape Verde's tripartite comission one.

So now it makes sense that Cummins continental wildcard for AG was valid while Grace's was not. It wasn't the RSA Olympic Comitee decliing invitations.

FIG replaced her spot with the Tripartite Comission One.

http://www.sagf.co.za/rhythmic/africas-top-rhythmic-gymnast-grace-legote-will-not-feature-at-rio-olympic-games/

Quote:
Having finishing top Africa qualifier at the 2015 World Championships, it was expected that Grace would attain the continental spot for participation at the Rio Olympic Games. However, due to an application by Cape Verde for a Tripartite Wild Card, which was subsequently approved by the Tripartite Commission under the supervision of the International Olympic Committee (IOC), this has resulted in the replacement of Grace as the Continental representative by the Cape Verde gymnast.

butterflyRG

PostPosted: Tue, 10-May-2016 0:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tchachinafan wrote:
This press release from the South African Gymnastics Federation says that indeed Grac'es invitation was substitued by Cape Verde's tripartite comission one.

So now it makes sense that Cummins continental wildcard for AG was valid while Grace's was not. It wasn't the RSA Olympic Comitee decliing invitations.

FIG replaced her spot with the Tripartite Comission One.

http://www.sagf.co.za/rhythmic/africas-top-rhythmic-gymnast-grace-legote-will-not-feature-at-rio-olympic-games/

Quote:
Having finishing top Africa qualifier at the 2015 World Championships, it was expected that Grace would attain the continental spot for participation at the Rio Olympic Games. However, due to an application by Cape Verde for a Tripartite Wild Card, which was subsequently approved by the Tripartite Commission under the supervision of the International Olympic Committee (IOC), this has resulted in the replacement of Grace as the Continental representative by the Cape Verde gymnast.

Then why not SA also file the application ???
Tchachinafan

PostPosted: Tue, 10-May-2016 0:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

They can't, they are not eligible. Those eligible are countries with minimal Olympic representation, (8 atheletes, I think).
butterflyRG

PostPosted: Tue, 10-May-2016 2:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tchachinafan wrote:
They can't, they are not eligible. Those eligible are countries with minimal Olympic representation, (8 atheletes, I think).

Thanks. Makes sense ..
*Shadow*

PostPosted: Tue, 10-May-2016 16:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

It still makes me sad that in regular Gymnastics, there's an AA medal + finals in each event, but in RG it's STILL only AA and group, no finals Crying or Very sad
Hoops and Grand Fouettes

PostPosted: Tue, 10-May-2016 19:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

This makes me so sad for Grace because this whole time they made it seem as if there would be two continental wild cards and then the Tripartite wild card. She's been doing so well this year too. Nevertheless, good luck to Elyane in Rio.
Gergely

PostPosted: Wed, 11-May-2016 15:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's more interesting, South Africa has declined one of their two artistic gymnastics spots (the African continental quota one)

I've heard that they are withdrawing teams as well, maybe in order to cut down costs?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Events & Results All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: