Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

COP 2017-2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index Code of Points
View previous topic | View next topic  
Author Message
psrgomes08



Joined: 30 Apr 2008
Posts: 779
Location: Portugal

PostPosted: Wed, 14-Dec-2016 23:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone please explain me what are the major differences between the new COP and the older one? Thanks in advance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
andres



Joined: 29 May 2005
Posts: 533

PostPosted: Mon, 9-Jan-2017 2:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

somebody can explain me what mean "decorative apparatus elements" on the errata of the code of points appears
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
viddy



Joined: 26 Oct 2003
Posts: 411
Location: Canada :D

PostPosted: Mon, 16-Jan-2017 21:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

It means wearing or using the apparatus as a decoration. An example of this would be to "wear" the rope like a headband or pigtails like in years past. I hope you understand this explaination!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OOTCHY



Joined: 18 Feb 2007
Posts: 1053

PostPosted: Thu, 9-Feb-2017 16:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone did any one enter the international judges course exam
Can anyone tell me what are the questions that we will be asked about
I heared that they are 150 questions can anyone help please
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
andres



Joined: 29 May 2005
Posts: 533

PostPosted: Mon, 13-Feb-2017 12:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

viddy wrote:
It means wearing or using the apparatus as a decoration. An example of this would be to "wear" the rope like a headband or pigtails like in years past. I hope you understand this explaination!


Thanks for your explanation,is clear as a cristal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ksenia



Joined: 09 Jan 2011
Posts: 23
Location: Greece

PostPosted: Mon, 13-Feb-2017 15:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

psrgomes08 wrote:
Can someone please explain me what are the major differences between the new COP and the older one? Thanks in advance.


Well, difficulty sheets won't be used any more. The judges write what they see instead.
Some element values have changed.
Now, considering the risk, if someone doesn't perform the catch during the 3rd(or more) rotation well, the risk will still be counted, minus the criteria for that catch. Only a drop will cancel the risk.
Throws for risk can be the same or different (if they are the same, artisty penalty will be given)
For S you need to use the left hand at least once for S to be counted

In group there are min 4 BD and min 4 ED plus 1 of free choice (9 in total instead of 10)
Base value for ED is now 0.20

Also now the shapes must be very clear and stable (especially for balances)

Heavy landing during a lead will cancel the leap entirely.

In individual judges expect to see all 4 of the fundamental technical groups at least once (if not there's a penalty). No need for the old 50%+
This is not a requirement for the groups.

I hope this is helpful Bounce ! But i am pretty sure i must have missed some things (or some might not be very clear ) Embarassed
_________________
Music Cuts:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUnklWIUUFiH9B2pE3BuKXw
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ksenia



Joined: 09 Jan 2011
Posts: 23
Location: Greece

PostPosted: Mon, 13-Feb-2017 15:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone! I have a question and it is really giving me a headache Neutral

Does anyone know how to write down the ED for mixed 3+2 apparatus routines? I know that in a 5 apparatus the throw with the less criteria gives ED it's value. But what about 3+2?
For example: all athletes throw at a 6m distance, and the hoops are thrown at an oblique plane, while the clubs are thrown with rotations around their axis.

Also, do we need to write down the technical groups performed during a BD? If yes what happens when athelets perform different technical groups or have different apparatus?

Thanks a lot ! Bounce
_________________
Music Cuts:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUnklWIUUFiH9B2pE3BuKXw
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
violetblue2u



Joined: 10 Jul 2007
Posts: 71
Location: Australia

PostPosted: Tue, 14-Feb-2017 23:48    Post subject: FIG brevet results Reply with quote

OOTCHY wrote:
Hi everyone did any one enter the international judges course exam
Can anyone tell me what are the questions that we will be asked about
I heared that they are 150 questions can anyone help please


I think its interesting that no judges have come up on the FIG website so long after the intercontinental & international judges course in Baku.

Wonder why its taking so long?????
_________________
you can only do your best on the day*****
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
becca



Joined: 18 Apr 2006
Posts: 83
Location: Europe

PostPosted: Fri, 24-Feb-2017 12:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ksenia wrote:
Hello everyone! I have a question and it is really giving me a headache Neutral

Does anyone know how to write down the ED for mixed 3+2 apparatus routines? I know that in a 5 apparatus the throw with the less criteria gives ED it's value. But what about 3+2?
For example: all athletes throw at a 6m distance, and the hoops are thrown at an oblique plane, while the clubs are thrown with rotations around their axis.

Also, do we need to write down the technical groups performed during a BD? If yes what happens when athelets perform different technical groups or have different apparatus?

Thanks a lot ! Bounce


When doing mixed exchanges you count the lowest criteria for throwing, add to the lowest amount of criteria during the exchange, added to the lowest criteria in the catch.

For example 3 gymnasts throw in a BD with oblique out of sight, the other 2 throw 2 clubs in BD. Means they can only claim 0.2 for the throw. If they all are 6 metres apart and perform a rotation then you can add 0.2 during exchange. Finally 3 catch on the floor with no hands and the other 2 catch on the floor then they get 0.1 for the catch. Total would be 0.7 (0.2 +0.2+0.2+0.1).

However I did learn on the course that if the exchanges are done in subgroups then it's different. You take the total of each exchange and only give the lowest total value.

Another example if 3 throw in BD and 2 with no hands, out of sight and in BD. All 5 are 6 metres away. 3 catch on the floor with no hands and out of sight, the other 2 catch just on the floor. Total value is 0.5. 0.2 for exchange, 0.1 for throw as it's the lowest amount of criteria, 0.1 for during the throw, 0.1 for the catch again as the lowest amount of criteria.

Hopefully that makes sense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ksenia



Joined: 09 Jan 2011
Posts: 23
Location: Greece

PostPosted: Wed, 1-Mar-2017 21:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

becca wrote:
Ksenia wrote:
Hello everyone! I have a question and it is really giving me a headache Neutral

Does anyone know how to write down the ED for mixed 3+2 apparatus routines? I know that in a 5 apparatus the throw with the less criteria gives ED it's value. But what about 3+2?
For example: all athletes throw at a 6m distance, and the hoops are thrown at an oblique plane, while the clubs are thrown with rotations around their axis.

Also, do we need to write down the technical groups performed during a BD? If yes what happens when athelets perform different technical groups or have different apparatus?

Thanks a lot ! Bounce


When doing mixed exchanges you count the lowest criteria for throwing, add to the lowest amount of criteria during the exchange, added to the lowest criteria in the catch.

For example 3 gymnasts throw in a BD with oblique out of sight, the other 2 throw 2 clubs in BD. Means they can only claim 0.2 for the throw. If they all are 6 metres apart and perform a rotation then you can add 0.2 during exchange. Finally 3 catch on the floor with no hands and the other 2 catch on the floor then they get 0.1 for the catch. Total would be 0.7 (0.2 +0.2+0.2+0.1).

However I did learn on the course that if the exchanges are done in subgroups then it's different. You take the total of each exchange and only give the lowest total value.

Another example if 3 throw in BD and 2 with no hands, out of sight and in BD. All 5 are 6 metres away. 3 catch on the floor with no hands and out of sight, the other 2 catch just on the floor. Total value is 0.5. 0.2 for exchange, 0.1 for throw as it's the lowest amount of criteria, 0.1 for during the throw, 0.1 for the catch again as the lowest amount of criteria.

Hopefully that makes sense.


It does actually Bounce thank you for all the examples!
Groups are giving me a hard time while practicing judging, so many things to look out for Embarassed
_________________
Music Cuts:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUnklWIUUFiH9B2pE3BuKXw
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
katkat



Joined: 26 Nov 2005
Posts: 515

PostPosted: Fri, 3-Mar-2017 14:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding differences from previous CoP:
- Mastery is now called Apparatus Difficulty and has a value of 0,30 (w/out throw, during throw) or 0,40 (during catch after medium/large throw)
- body waves or pre-acrobatic elements do not add value to body difficulties
- there are also changes in fundamental and non-fundamental apparatus technical groups, for example roll of the hoop or ball on the floor is no longer fundamental; some symbols are different
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
charleslch



Joined: 17 Feb 2008
Posts: 8756

PostPosted: Sun, 19-Mar-2017 16:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

maksymehappy wrote:
I seem to remember a team losing a ball, two gymnasts went to collect another one, saw they had one too many and then they threw them both away Wink

Your comment just made my day Laughing
_________________
Click here to download my mixes.

Last update: 03/09/2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hoops and Grand Fouettes



Joined: 10 May 2011
Posts: 1837
Location: USA

PostPosted: Wed, 22-Mar-2017 17:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revised CoP: http://www.fig-gymnastics.com/publicdir/rules/files/rg/RG_Errata_CoP%202017-2020_February%202017_e.pdf
_________________
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MarchingBalletDancer
My Tumblr: http://czarinakanaeva.tumblr.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index Code of Points All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Contents | Information | Events and Results | Gymnasts | Archive

last Modified: 25. October 2003

Copyright © 1996-2010 Alexander Kochann