Joined: 03 Sep 2005
|Posted: Mon, 3-Apr-2017 5:20 Post subject: Technical Advisor/Coach Position in New Zealand!
|Advertisement for senior coaching/technical advisor based in Auckland, New Zealand (April 2017) The position is full time, 40 hours a week.
Xtreme RhythmiX is a leading rhythmic only club in New Zealand. The club caters to all level of gymnasts from beginners to elite athletes. We have over 150 gymnasts spread over four locations, Xtreme RhythmiX has one of the largest performance squads in New Zealand and our gymnasts have represented New Zealand in World cup competitions, World Championships, the Commonwealth Games, Pacific Rim Championships, and New South Wales Championships and have occupied top placings in the regional and National Gymsports competitions each year.
We are currently looking for a full time senior technical advisor who will work alongside our coaching staff. The position is for 12 months, but can be extended. The position would begin in July 2017 or as soon as possible. There is a possibility to extend the contract based on club growth and performance.
The successful applicant will be fluent in English and legally able to work in New Zealand. A thorough understanding of the current Rhythmic Gymnastics Code of Points is a must. The technical advisor must be willing to work with gymnasts of all levels. We are a very dynamic, friendly, athlete orientated club.
Other qualifications and skills we are looking for include:
· Rhythmic Gymnastics Brevet judge (advantageous)
· Sports Science or Coaching University Degree (an asset).
· Holding a senior coach or Level 3 coach qualification.
· Proven technical ability in coaching gymnasts at a high level in both group and individual routines.
· Ability to choreograph both individual and group routines to a very high standard.
· Computer literate and assist with emails and newsletters.
*Enthusiastic team player with lots of energy is a must!
The full time position will be 6-8 times per week for 40 hours.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
· Assist the Head Coach with planning and mentoring junior coaches
· Assist with music selection.
· Manage schedules and coaching.
· Judge/Coach at competitions
· Assist with recruitment and retention of gymnasts.
Applications must include a cover letter and CV to the Head Coach of Xtreme RhythmiX Club:
Applications Close April 30, 2017