Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Men RG
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic | View next topic  

Men RG
like it
44%
 44%  [ 79 ]
don't like it
55%
 55%  [ 100 ]
Total Votes : 179

iloverhythmic

PostPosted: Thu, 12-Jul-2012 5:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Men's rhythmic gymnastics where they are synchronized and do tumbling with apparatus, yes, it is amazing. But men in regular women's rhythmic..no. I would find it hard to watch a man in a sparkly leotard performing a 190 degree panche balance. Although ballet is okay for men in my opinion (It can look masculine), rhythmics is just too feminine. A guy doing snakes with a pink ribbon in an attitude turn...just no. I would not watch that, because I would find it weird and un-entertaining. It is like US NFL football. Yes, girls can do football, but there are no women in the NFL, because people perceive it as a man's event. I know the whole "whatever the other fun can do I can do also"...but not in this case. It really depends on the activity. That's my opinion, and I think people would agree with me too. Watch this video on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=RF66Z5CdQak ...Japanese mens rg has elements interveining with the music, and it has some elements with apparatus that we have. I find it have the perfect balance of masculine and apparatus/music rg type.(:
*Kalinka*

PostPosted: Thu, 12-Jul-2012 8:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

iloverhythmic wrote:
Men's rhythmic gymnastics where they are synchronized and do tumbling with apparatus, yes, it is amazing. But men in regular women's rhythmic..no. I would find it hard to watch a man in a sparkly leotard performing a 190 degree panche balance. Although ballet is okay for men in my opinion (It can look masculine), rhythmics is just too feminine. A guy doing snakes with a pink ribbon in an attitude turn...just no. I would not watch that, because I would find it weird and un-entertaining. It is like US NFL football. Yes, girls can do football, but there are no women in the NFL, because people perceive it as a man's event. I know the whole "whatever the other fun can do I can do also"...but not in this case. It really depends on the activity. That's my opinion, and I think people would agree with me too. Watch this video on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=RF66Z5CdQak ...Japanese mens rg has elements interveining with the music, and it has some elements with apparatus that we have. I find it have the perfect balance of masculine and apparatus/music rg type.(:

Thanks for the video! This boy is amazing! Smile
I think that RG for men is a good idea, but the CoP should be changed, because I find strange to image a man performig an Utyasheva, a backscale or another element which requires a lot of flexibility (even if I'm amazed when I watch Ruben Orihuela's routines). I think male RG should be more acrobatic, similiar to the routine performed by the boy in the video. Also artistic gymnastics has two different codes, one for women and one for men, in order to be suitable for both.
Cipelly

PostPosted: Thu, 12-Jul-2012 9:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I like men RG, but I agree with Kalinka that Cop should be changed, or better there should be different difficulties and different difficulties values. For example I think men can do easly descending and ascending pivots..or jumps..
However..we can do examples of sports for men and women.. in AG they have different difficulties, apparatus ecc... in figure skating, too!! men can do quadruple jumps instead women "just" triples.. plus they did "angels" that men didn't..(I don't know if "angels" is the right term).

By the way I don't like Japanese RG.. I think that's not real RG..it's too acrobatic and they don't use rg apparatus... I like "spanish" Rg (not only I think)..as Ruben and other guys...
Juliana

PostPosted: Thu, 12-Jul-2012 9:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Kalinka* wrote:
iloverhythmic wrote:

Thanks for the video! This boy is amazing! Smile
I think that RG for men is a good idea, but the CoP should be changed, because I find strange to image a man performig an Utyasheva, a backscale or another element which requires a lot of flexibility (even if I'm amazed when I watch Ruben Orihuela's routines). I think male RG should be more acrobatic, similiar to the routine performed by the boy in the video. Also artistic gymnastics has two different codes, one for women and one for men, in order to be suitable for both.

I agree with you that Men's RG should focus less on flexibility.. Yes the CoP should be changed - but not introducing acrobatics because this would just look like floor exercises in Men's Artistic Gymnastics (and with an RG apparatus?? Stupid )
Linnea

PostPosted: Thu, 12-Jul-2012 14:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call me old-fashioned, but I just don't like Men's RG. It's a women's sport, made specifically for women. Almost every sport out there is either a men's only sport or a male/female sport. I think it's kinda nice for women to have their own sport...
Juliana

PostPosted: Fri, 13-Jul-2012 1:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linnea wrote:
Call me old-fashioned, but I just don't like Men's RG. It's a women's sport, made specifically for women. Almost every sport out there is either a men's only sport or a male/female sport. I think it's kinda nice for women to have their own sport...

What about synchronized swimming! Rolling Eyes
Mario

PostPosted: Mon, 16-Jul-2012 2:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Synchronized swimming has men too. If you Google "synchronized swimming men", you will see lots of articles, photos as well as videos on topic. Smile

If you see it as a gender equality as a human rights issue, then yes, men should be able to do the women's style of rhythmic gymnastics.

If you see Japanese men's rhythmic gymnastics not as a gender sport but more as a different STYLE of rhythmic gymnastics where flexibility is no longer the emphasis, then BOTH women and men should be able to do that style of rhythmic gymnastics just because it is so COOL.

We may not all agree on why we like one style versus the other but discussions like this do help raise awareness.

There is a facebook page that has been created for the Japanese style of men's rhythmic gymnastics. Please come visit and do a 'like' on the page. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mens-Rhythmic-Gymnastics/103575316369838
sanchara

PostPosted: Tue, 17-Jul-2012 9:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if there is going to be a Men's RG it should be as different from women's RG as MAG is from WAG. But everybody should have the opertunity to do a sport they love! one of my best friends is a girl who plays ice hockey and she is better at it than most of the boys her age!

I like how in vaulting men and women compete under the same rules but simply have different styles.

I REALLY like Rubin's RG (not sure if I spelled his name right)
Juliana

PostPosted: Tue, 17-Jul-2012 9:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

sanchara wrote:
I think if there is going to be a Men's RG it should be as different from women's RG as MAG is from WAG. But everybody should have the opertunity to do a sport they love! one of my best friends is a girl who plays ice hockey and she is better at it than most of the boys her age!

I like how in vaulting men and women compete under the same rules but simply have different styles.

I REALLY like Rubin's RG (not sure if I spelled his name right)

it's Ruben! Love Cool
BR_guy

PostPosted: Wed, 18-Jul-2012 1:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

RG is too feminine just because it was developed for women. But I don't think it is the only way you can explore this sport!

Men in RG could develop so many possibilities... I can imagine a boy easily doing four rolls under a toss. Pivotting or jumping high like Barishnikov, or being wondelfully expressive like Nureyev.

Feminine or masculine are just words, not rules. One of my favorites, Adriana Dunavska, never was "graceful" or "delicate" (as many people think RG should be) for example...
MysteriousBallerina

PostPosted: Sun, 29-Jul-2012 2:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh I don't like it...IA with the 'feminine' talk...
RinaRg

PostPosted: Sun, 29-Jul-2012 4:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Euhhh ..
I am not gonna lie , I hate it ! On Wall Bash
RG is a feminine sport , I can't imagine a guy doing RG moves and the COP Motz
No seriously ! Can someone imagina a guy doing a backscale turn ? Shocked
and ribbons ... they don't fit them at all ..
we used to say that RG is elegance , grace , and beauty but we said this about women , are we gonna say the same for the men ?
sanchara

PostPosted: Sun, 29-Jul-2012 12:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its sounds like a double standard but really its not. Its not like women's muscle body building (fitness/figure and bikini are okay imho tho) is really that interesting for most people.
latvy6

PostPosted: Sun, 29-Jul-2012 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is that not a double standard? Rolling Eyes
akika10

PostPosted: Sun, 29-Jul-2012 20:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally do not like bulky muscles on anyone (maybe because I'm from a different sport as well) but to each their own.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » The Gym All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: