Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

COP for dummies :D
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Code of Points
View previous topic | View next topic  
Marie

PostPosted: Thu, 19-Apr-2007 22:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalenkayaKatinka wrote:
MarieMM wrote:

Very little changed in the Difficulty (TV) value, except that the FIG now has set a tolerance of 20 degrees when validating the difficulty. For example, a split leap of (180 minus max. 20 =) min. 160 degrees is valid as a difficulty, but with an execution deduction if the split is not min. 180 degrees. And as happens a lot throughtout the years, a couple of new difficulties have been added.

Marie -

I remember reading about this in the new pictures they show of how to perform the elements, the ones from the FIG site. Do you know why they're now accepting this?

I would have to be a fly on their wall in order to know that... Smile But if I'm allowed to make a guess:

I think the idea is that the gymnasts should not be penalised twice for small errors. For example, the gymnast makes a difficult G leap, but with a slight lack of amplitude (i.e. 165 degrees split). The old way, the difficulty judges would cancel the entire 0,7 points, AND the execution judges would deduct 0,1 for lack of amplitude. After dividing the difficulty score by 2, the gymnast would lose 0,45 for this small mistake. Now, she will only lose 0,1 in execution, and keep the difficulty. This is for SMALL mistakes, though. For larger mistakes, the value of the difficulty is also canceled. That's my guess!
mihusgym

PostPosted: Thu, 10-May-2007 10:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have a version of CP from 1997-2000 and the one that falowd 2001-2004. I't will help me allot, I.m doing a paper about the changes in the artistic part, with the introduction of the symbols and the fische, and the changes regarding the leos. Thank you in advance. Smile
Marie

PostPosted: Mon, 14-May-2007 10:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, I can't help you unless you read Norwegian... Smile

I think your best shot is to contact FIG. As far as I know, the COPs were not available to the public from the FIG website before 2005.
rayna

PostPosted: Tue, 15-May-2007 18:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to ask why gymnast do more than 2 difficulties from non-obligitory types of body difficulties?For example flexibilities,pivots,balances more than 2 in a rope routine.And the COP says that first 2 are counted.Or maybe gymnast do them for apparatus work bonus?
OOTCHY

PostPosted: Tue, 15-May-2007 20:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

rayna wrote:
I want to ask why gymnast do more than 2 difficulties from non-obligitory types of body difficulties?For example flexibilities,pivots,balances more than 2 in a rope routine.And the COP says that first 2 are counted.Or maybe gymnast do them for apparatus work bonus?

[/b]ot , i finally came back from a very long fever i had anyway...

@ rayna.. this what you are saying was possible befo re that you can make extra difficulties with bonus but now it is not allowed to do an extra difficulty than the number of difficulties required... the gymnast loses 0.5 and extra difficulties will not be counted....
rayna

PostPosted: Wed, 16-May-2007 14:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes i know but look at Corbeil videos.Godunko,mincheva,kanaeva and so on do more than 2 non-obligatory body types difficulties .Why do they them when only first 2 are counted?
Marie

PostPosted: Wed, 16-May-2007 22:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rayna, I have seen that some gymnasts are doing elements that are very similar to extra difficulties. But I don't see it very often.

My guess is that you perhaps have misunderstood this rule. The rule says that there can be 2 non-obligatory difficulties from EACH group. For example in a rope routine: 2 balances, 2 pivots and 2 flexibilities, totally 6 non-obligatory difficulties. From what you wrote, I'm thinking that you perhaps have heard that there can be totally 2 non-obligatory difficulties. I'm sorry if I am mistaken!

If you still think that the gymnasts have too many non-obligatory difficulties, perhaps you could choose a video and explain which difficulties you mean? (For example, "leap at 0.33, leap at 0.56, leap at 1.24".) Then it will be easier to discuss this! Unfortunately, I haven't had much time to watch videos lately...
rayna

PostPosted: Thu, 17-May-2007 14:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Marie!I`ve understood wrong as you said and thought that 2 difficulties totally are counted.
OOTCHY

PostPosted: Sun, 20-May-2007 14:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello , i just want to ask something
can the gymnast do 1 jump and repeat it in aseries of jumps Question
for example; i saw almudena performing in her hoop routine in one place jete leap straight, and in another part a series of 3 same jete leaps is it possible Question can anyone explain
chik_ucv

PostPosted: Wed, 23-May-2007 2:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

another question.... the "bonus" for making a SAC with GCO is for ALL of them or just the catch and throws??? and it`s +0,10 or +0,20??? really need to know that soon, I have a national competition this sunday and I haven´t made the sheets yet..... thak you!!!
OOTCHY

PostPosted: Mon, 28-May-2007 19:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just wanted to know if this is anew D element , and how much is this

forward (walkover) backbent and then stand up with catch back , but on foot and not on releve, (is it like catch back bend catchback) or what is that Question
aldami5

PostPosted: Tue, 29-May-2007 15:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

A request from a friend:

"Could anyone help me with a simple question?
How does the GCO works for groups on the artistic value?
Does the value of the CAP increase with any difficulty? Our do we must follow the GCO as in the individuals?"

Thanks in advanced Exclamation
Marie

PostPosted: Tue, 29-May-2007 21:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many different types of questions in one topic... Don't be afraid to use other topics, or even create new ones if you can't find a suitable one! Very few questions belong to the category "for dummies". Wink

OOTCHY wrote:
hello , i just want to ask something
can the gymnast do 1 jump and repeat it in aseries of jumps Question

No.

OOTCHY wrote:
for example; i saw almudena performing in her hoop routine in one place jete leap straight, and in another part a series of 3 same jete leaps

I checked the video from Portimao. I think the first leap is a jete split leap with ring. It's just a bit difficult to see due to the angle. If she did something else in another competition, I think it must have been a mistake.

chik_ucv wrote:
the "bonus" for making a SAC with GCO is for ALL of them or just the catch and throws??? and it`s +0,10 or +0,20??? really need to know that soon, I have a national competition this sunday and I haven´t made the sheets yet..... thak you!!!

The bonus for GCO can be used both for mastery (throws and catches) and for use of apparatus (elements without throws). The value is 0,2.

OOTCHY wrote:
i just wanted to know if this is anew D element , and how much is this

forward (walkover) backbent and then stand up with catch back , but on foot and not on releve, (is it like catch back bend catchback) or what is that Question

I think that what you're trying to describe is one of the new difficulties mentioned in newsletter 28 (http://www.fig-gymnastics.com/MediaServer.jser?@_MODE=GLB&@_ID=14802&@_TEMPLATE=118).
It is the old flexibility 22F, but performed in reversed order. If it is performed with a walkover (usually it is), the value should be 0,8 for H.

aldami5 wrote:

How does the GCO works for groups on the artistic value?
Does the value of the CAP increase with any difficulty? Our do we must follow the GCO as in the individuals?

The value of the CAP increases with any difficulty.
OOTCHY

PostPosted: Wed, 30-May-2007 12:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks MarieMM
aldami5

PostPosted: Wed, 30-May-2007 15:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot MarieMM Exclamation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Code of Points All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: