Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

COP for dummies :D
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Code of Points
View previous topic | View next topic  
fcrg

PostPosted: Wed, 17-Oct-2007 2:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may seem really stupid but... the compulsory body group is to be 50% of the routine, yes? example for rope with 14 body skills there should be min. of 7 jumps/leaps. The previous post regarding club balances being 11 and then one of each other skill is really confusing me Embarassed Confused Thanks
Marie

PostPosted: Wed, 17-Oct-2007 10:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

fcrg wrote:
the compulsory body group is to be 50% of the routine, yes? example for rope with 14 body skills there should be min. of 7 jumps/leaps.

Don't worry fcrg, your question is not stupid.

I assume that you are talking about the FIG COP.

In reality, the compulsory body group will always be at least 50% of the routine. But this is not the RULE.

The RULE is to have MINIMUM 6 difficulties from the compulsory group, and MAX 2 difficulties from the other groups. There are many different combinations. A rope routine with 14 difficulties can have:
8 leaps + 2 balances + 2 pivots + 2 flexibilities
9 leaps + 1 balance + 2 pivots + 2 flexibilities
9 leaps + 2 balances + 1 pivot + 2 flexibilities
9 leaps + 2 balances + 2 pivots + 1 flexibility
10 leaps + 1 balance + 1 pivot + 2 flexibilities
10 leaps + 1 balance + 2 pivots + 1 flexibility
10 leaps + 2 balances + 1 pivot + 1 flexibility
10 leaps + 2 balances + 2 pivots + NO flexibility
10 leaps + NO balances + 2 pivots + 2 flexibilities
10 leaps + 2 balances + NO pivots + 2 flexibilities
11 leaps + 1 balance + 1 pivot + 1 flexibility
14 leaps + NO balances + NO pivots + NO flexibilities

These examples are if the routine has 14 difficulties. It is also possible to have only 6 leaps, but that makes the total of difficulties maximum 12:
6 leaps + 2 balances + 2 pivots + 2 flexibilities = 12 difficulties.

Do you understand?
fcrg

PostPosted: Wed, 17-Oct-2007 12:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, thank you very much.
CoCoNuTsiopatHic

PostPosted: Sat, 17-May-2008 23:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sery wrote:

I must say that skips/hops and jumps are different things!
jumps = 1st base: jump into rope turning forward: 0.10
skips/hops = 2nd base: skips/hops into rope turning forward (must be performed in SERIES): 0.00

Now you can get bonus for even one JUMP/LEAP without difficulty, if it's
really JUMP or LEAP with enough elevation.

I am so glad I went back and read this. I thought that any jump/leap without difficulty counted as a "skip/hop".

I have a few questions...

1) In a flexibility difficulty that begins with a walkover/cartwheel, if an apparatus element or a throw/catch is performed in the walkover, do you count it as though it was performed in a GCO difficulty, or do you only count it as rotation?

2) I know that in the case of dynamic elements, the catch must be made immediately at the end of the elements, meaning you can't add on a jump, steps, or any other body movement element, but can a walkover/cartwheel into a static flexibility movement count as a dynamic element? Like in Anna Bessonova's hoop routine, her first large throw is followed by a Front Walkover to a Back Scale--can that be written as a catch with one dynamic element + in a GCO difficulty?

3) In successive Backward Illusion Turns, I've noticed that both Godunko and Paysieva have often done only 180 of rotation on their final Backwards Illusion Turn of four, and they appear to be very controlled in doing so, like they're doing it on purpose. Does the last turn not have to make 360 degrees to receive credit?
Sery

PostPosted: Sun, 18-May-2008 8:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1) In a flexibility difficulty that begins with a walkover/cartwheel, if an apparatus element or a throw/catch is performed in the walkover, do you count it as though it was performed in a GCO difficulty, or do you only count it as rotation?

if it's CAP: i write it as an element during GCO (you mark "A" on a ball or hoop form)+other criteria, depending on a case. In other apparatus, I write it as "rotation"+other criteria if possible.
if it's a throw/catch: i write it as "during rotation" and "A". Plus "out of visual field" and/or other criteria, depending on a case. Or dynamic element(s)+A,
depending on a case.

Quote:
2) can a walkover/cartwheel into a static flexibility movement count as a dynamic element?

see the COP:
2.4.5. Grand lancer et reprise pendant ou immédiatement à la fin de :
Notes :
2. Si un ou plusieurs éléments (tous avec rotation) sont des difficultés (GCO), il faut ajouter un A et 0,20 en plus de la valeur.

Quote:
3) In successive Backward Illusion Turns, I've noticed that both Godunko and Paysieva have often done only 180 of rotation on their final Backwards Illusion Turn of four, and they appear to be very controlled in doing so, like they're doing it on purpose. Does the last turn not have to make 360 degrees to receive credit?

I have never read such a rule that you don't have to make a 360-degree
rotation for an illusion (TOUR plonge).
just for referance:
http://rapidshare.com/files/115720484/tourplonge.wmv.html
Hooby

PostPosted: Mon, 19-May-2008 21:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marie wrote:

I am sorry but how can it be possible for gymnasts to make leaps only in their routine? I understand artistry and technique should be added as well in the routine...okay I am confused. This is for group, right? Which group performed 14 leaps only? Embarassed
*Don't ever let someone tell you that you can't do something.You got a dream, you got to protect it. People can’t do something themselves, they want to tell you that you can’t do it. You want something, go get it.
anjie

PostPosted: Mon, 19-May-2008 21:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooby wrote:
Marie wrote:

I am sorry but how can it be possible for gymnasts to make leaps only in their routine? I understand artistry and technique should be added as well in the routine...okay I am confused. This is for group, right? Which group performed 14 leaps only? Embarassed

This is for individual. For group, exchanges is the compulsory body group.
A rope routine could be filled with jumps of course, and to have many and different kinds of jumps and leaps is good for the general artistry, because leaps is what is special for rope. Artistry is for apparatus/general. Apparatus=bonus. Bonus in rope=leaps through the rope and echappes. No other body groups will give extra bonus, only the criterias you fulfill while handling the rope (on the floor, without hands, skipping through, etc.)
Hooby

PostPosted: Tue, 20-May-2008 18:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I ask another question? It's a silly question really.
I sometimes notice when we calculate points and scores of the gymnasts' routines, we write A, B, F, D. I sometimes notice users write numbers next to a letter like 0,4A , etc...can someone explain me about these letters briefly, when to use them and when to write them next to points...if it's possible...you know what I mean? Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
*Don't ever let someone tell you that you can't do something.You got a dream, you got to protect it. People can’t do something themselves, they want to tell you that you can’t do it. You want something, go get it.
Janita

PostPosted: Tue, 20-May-2008 18:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooby wrote:
I sometimes notice when we calculate points and scores of the gymnasts' routines, we write A, B, F, D.

A = 0,1
B=0,2
C=0,3
J=1,0
Hooby

PostPosted: Tue, 20-May-2008 19:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janita wrote:
Hooby wrote:
I sometimes notice when we calculate points and scores of the gymnasts' routines, we write A, B, F, D.

A = 0,1
B=0,2
C=0,3
J=1,0
But I used to see E and F . What do they stand for? And according to A, B, C...do judges write them down to calculate the gymnasts' scores? Or do they write gymnast's scores in numbers( like 0,5, 0,6)?
Janita

PostPosted: Tue, 20-May-2008 20:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

A=0,1
B=0,2
C=0,3
D=0,4
E=0,5
F=0,6
G=0,7
H=0,8
I=0,9
J=1,0
K=1,1
L=1,2
etc

it is easier to write and to read the alphabet then the numbers, that's why write them. Sometimes i write 1 so that it looks like a 4. To be sure there is no mistakes the alphabet is used.
CoCoNuTsiopatHic

PostPosted: Thu, 4-Sep-2008 22:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question:

If the gymnast does an echappe with the rope right out of passing through the rope in a leap, does that count on the echappe as the criterion "Total passing through/over in a leap/jump"? Or would that criterion only apply if the gymnast is performing the actual echappe right as she is leaping/jumping over it?
CoCoNuTsiopatHic

PostPosted: Thu, 18-Sep-2008 21:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ Can anyone answer my question?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Code of Points All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: