Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Combinations in flexibilities

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Code of Points
View previous topic | View next topic  
Eulucil

PostPosted: Fri, 12-Sep-2008 1:57    Post subject: Combinations in flexibilities Reply with quote

I have seen a lot of times combination of flexibilities that seem to count as one single element. For example, a ronde+back scale, or a backscale pivot, then they go to ring position (for example Kanaeva). Which are the rules to combinate the flexibilities this way? Will it be allowed with the new code? I would like to know everything regarding this kind of combinations.

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdDIXU_BRAk For example, at 01:10

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=pD7sQf0gO4U 00:31
AnnaBessonovaNumber1Fan

PostPosted: Fri, 12-Sep-2008 7:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know the answer to your question, I just watched the videos you sent the links to... Kanaevas shouldnt count Shocked She lowered her relevae in the backscale pivot, and almost fell out. Then she jumped into the straight ring balance Confused
Eulucil

PostPosted: Fri, 12-Sep-2008 10:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if the elements are not the best executed, but they were the firsts I found when I was posting, and the quality of the video is good. It's more a difficulty question, how they write these elements in their DV.

Thank you for the replies!!!
Tahnee
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Sat, 13-Sep-2008 23:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

They can only count as one if they are either stated in the COP as being a single difficulty (eg. back balance to back scale, or the same plus return to back balance), or approved/being approved as an originality.

Otherwise, they are separate difficulties just performed in combination (usually to save time in the routine).
Eulucil

PostPosted: Sun, 14-Sep-2008 0:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tahnee wrote:
They can only count as one if they are either stated in the COP as being a single difficulty (eg. back balance to back scale, or the same plus return to back balance), or approved/being approved as an originality.

Otherwise, they are separate difficulties just performed in combination (usually to save time in the routine).

Thank you Bounce !! Is better this way, because we won't see the same body moves written as different difficulties (back scale pivot, back scale pivot + ring balance, back scale pivot + ring balance + back scale... Cool )
CoCoNuTsiopatHic

PostPosted: Thu, 18-Sep-2008 21:06    Post subject: Re: Combinations in flexibilities Reply with quote

Eulucil wrote:
I have seen a lot of times combination of flexibilities that seem to count as one single element. For example, a ronde+back scale, or a backscale pivot, then they go to ring position

Neither of those two specific examples actually count as one difficulty, though Kanaeva's variation on the Utyasheva with the Back Scale 1/2 Turn in the middle was accepted as a single difficulty.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Code of Points All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: