Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Schmiden Gymnastik International 10./11. 3. 2007
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Old Photos & Videos
View previous topic | View next topic  
Shebale

PostPosted: Sun, 18-Mar-2007 22:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks you so much Khz and Barny for your materials!! Very Happy Very Happy
And i'm so happy to review Lisa Ingildeeva!! Cool
khz

PostPosted: Sun, 18-Mar-2007 23:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Shebale,

yes, Lisa was really impressive!

I had never seen her before, but of course I read a lot about the great success she used to have - so I was looking very forward to seeing her.

In my opinion she made it very well, I consider that was - not a perfect but still - a good start for her Comeback.

Of course it must be both, very hard and very difficult, to aim that high after such a long pause, but I hope she will be able to reach her great goals.

The press (as they use to do too often) has written a lot of nonsense about how bad it was that she was not allowed to go to Kiev now - but in my opinion this is no issue.
What counts is that she was absolutely committed and was presenting her abilities in a great way.

I bet she will do even better, and in the end all of us might be surprised about what she will be achieving again. Smile
stefgriffe

PostPosted: Mon, 19-Mar-2007 13:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pics, nice videos ...
Thank you Barny and Karl Heinz! Very Happy
khz

PostPosted: Tue, 20-Mar-2007 19:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again. Smile

Just finished putting my videos on the Internet, you are welcome at my page if you want to.

Photos will follow later, that will take more time ... and: I still need to get the Startreihenfolge (order of appearance) of the Seniors All Around (block B) to enable me to find out the names of the gymnasts on my photos.

Any help highly appreciated. Wink
Shebale

PostPosted: Wed, 21-Mar-2007 22:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Khz, i was trying to see your videos but i can't watch them......I can just hear the music. I tried to open with all programs i have but nothing.
With which program can you see them?

I'm looking forward to see your photos! Very Happy
khz

PostPosted: Thu, 22-Mar-2007 10:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Shebale,

if playing the videos does not work you could install the VLC media player:

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

I am not using it myself (am using MPlayer on Linux) but Gabriela reported
that she can nicely play the videos with the VLC media player.

... also I have added a few photos now - just only eight ones so far - more will follow during the next weeks.
Enjoy! Smile

Karl-Heinz
Guillermo
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Thu, 22-Mar-2007 12:00    Post subject: Re: Schmiden Gymnastik International 10./11. 3. 2007 Reply with quote

khz wrote:
Some of you have asked me in private, and I would like to reply right here:
[list]
[*]Why am I doing this, why not simply upload all in high-res and give it away for free?

I think nobody can give for granted that they are going to get all stuff always for free. I have chosen to give videos away for free at low/medium quality to promote the sport, and only till my budget and hosting allows it. And I sold my DVDs collection as a way to give everybody the choice to have all the videos I had to remove due to lack of space.

But it doesn't mean you can be confident it will always be free or without advertsiments. I'll do my best to keep it like it is and have paid all my gear from my own money asking nothing as a counterpart, but khz has the right to ask for your contributions to upgrade his equipment, he spent time and effort to offer you the videos.

Anyhow, from my experience, I think not many people will buy the high quality DVD if they already have the medium or low quality videos. The same for photographers, who almost sell nothing of big international events, but keep putting their photos in their websites just for love to this sport.

Greetings

Guillermo
khz

PostPosted: Thu, 22-Mar-2007 12:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for this statement, I appreciate it.

Same for me so far: There were no requests for the DVD yet, but several people asking to put more (free) photographs online - which of course I am trying to do, as much as my limited time allowes be to work on the photos and put them online.

I will not charge money for my photos, since I myself like to find good pictures on the web, and so do others.

In my (humble) opinion people like Marvin Moore who have high quality images online - with just a small (C) statement at the edge of the image - are doing all of us a big favour.

I do not request everybody do the same, and, Yes, I am willing to pay for photos too, did so when purchasing Barny's Baku 20055 CD - and I did not regret it. Smile

For me the critical question is: Will I or will I not collect a bit of money by selling the DVD to buy a really big memory chip?

Believe me, it is frustrating to stand there and have all four chips full of images and movies (that was 7.5 GB in total) - and you got less than a quarter of all the routines. Sad

OK, we will see, perhaps some fans think it might be nice to be able to drop the DVD into the player and enjoy it playing all 22 routines in one go.

You never know! Wink

Karl-Heinz
Marie

PostPosted: Thu, 22-Mar-2007 14:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking that from now on, every time I attend a competition, I will buy at least 1 photo from each photographer that is there and is selling (at the arena or online). That is something I could afford. It is not much, but If I do it EVERY time, and if other people start doing the same... Could it help a bit? Or is it just stupid? Perhaps we could have a topic where we present our recent buys? Some of the photos I have bought are gems that ought to be in every RG fan's collection! I don't know how the same could be done for videographers... Will think about it...
khz

PostPosted: Thu, 22-Mar-2007 23:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi MarieMM,

what a nice idea, that could be really something. Smile

Many single items bought for cheap money by many people could add to a notable amount for the photographers and it will encourage them to go on doing their nice job.

Concerning videos: You could ask the videographer for permission to put a few still photos of your bought videos here in the forum - or just ask her/him if (s)he can send a few still photos to you.

In most cases that will be nice images of 640x480 giving an impression how the video will look like ...

Actually your posting made me think about that, and I have made an own page for the nicest images I found
in my video of Klaudia Wittmann's Ribbon routine now:

http://zimmerfamily.net/Fotos/Klaudia_Wittmann_Ribbon_avi/indexEn.html

By clicking onto one of the small size previews
you get to an extra image page with "previous"and "next"links for viewing all of them in their original size.

Have fun browsing the images. Smile
stefgriffe

PostPosted: Fri, 23-Mar-2007 9:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful pictures of Klaudia! And very nice leo, I like it very much and it fits her very well Grin
khz

PostPosted: Mon, 26-Mar-2007 10:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should have been there to see her routines!

Klaudia was full of energy, expressing that she is someone
who not only works very hard on it, but also really enjoys doing Rhythmic Gymnastics.

Also in the audience there were a lot of people joyfully cheering her, it was just great. Smile

A short impression of the high resolution video may be given by this special scene:

Five seconds in large format (10 MB, should play fine with Mediaplayer but you need a fast computer for that clip)

Also these 435 images (in 640x480) are online now:
Photos extracted from Klaudia's Rope Video Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Of course the other gymnasts were showing enthusiasm and impressive routines too,
and I now have sorted my Photos from Gabriela Hoferová's Hoop routine.

So far this one is my favourite one of her photos:

Karl-Heinz
Shebale

PostPosted: Mon, 26-Mar-2007 16:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Khz, i tried to see the videos with VLC but it dosen't works for me. Maybe i have a old version of the program. i' ll try to download it again.
Thanks!
And thank you so much for your beautiful photos! Very Happy
Shebale

PostPosted: Mon, 26-Mar-2007 17:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like you have put the name of the gymnasts in the photos!
khz

PostPosted: Mon, 26-Mar-2007 17:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Shebale,

I am glad you like my photos, and perhaps Gabriela could assist you with VLC:
It seems to be working well for her, so you might want to ask her which version of VLC she is using ...

Concerning the NAMES - oh, yes, that's right, I like to have the names on the photos too.

Seeing a nice photo and now knowing at which event it was taken and/or who is the gymnast can make me really confused. Very Happy

But there is light at the end of the tunnel: I probably will receive the "Startreihenfolge" paper soon (the order of appearance),
and that will enable me to identify all of my as-of-yet unassigned photos too.
Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Old Photos & Videos All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: