Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any age "too late"?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic | View next topic  
Dutchflexiboy

PostPosted: Fri, 8-Aug-2014 10:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Sapphire too.

When I was 15 years old I couldn't even touch my toes and I came not much further than my knees. That was so horrible and that was the reason why I wanted to become more flexible. And one day when I was searching about flexibilty on the internet, I found people who were able to doing the splits and oversplits, I was so jealous but It's kept motivated me to train my flexibility every day.

And now I'm 23 year old and I can do the oversplits. It would be a great challenge for me to do the oversplits on chair while sitting flat on the floor(so more than 200 degrees oversplits), I will not give up Smile

Last edited by Dutchflexiboy on Thu, 18-Sep-2014 19:54; edited 2 times in total
RibbonToss

PostPosted: Fri, 8-Aug-2014 18:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful! things like this help to remind us that so much can be possible.
I hope you can achieve your next goal.
I too am trying to improve to get the over flexibility. Sometimes it is tough and we can feel like giving up but I know we must keep working to achieve our personal best.
Dutchflexiboy

PostPosted: Fri, 8-Aug-2014 19:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

I hope you make huge improvements in your training too Smile
Christyrg

PostPosted: Thu, 4-Sep-2014 8:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello to everyone (: I'm 17 and I have really wanted to start rg for quite a long time but unfortunately I couldn't. I'm very passionate when it comes to sports associated with flexibility but rg has been my favourites of all Smile I've watched hudreds of tutorials and even bought clubs, ball and ribbon to practice at home. Also, I went to acrobatic gymnastics for 6 years but not in a row. I have my oversplits only on right leg and my back is pretty flexible (I can do a bridge as well as a chest stand with my toes touching the floor). And I can do a front and back walkover.

Do you think I could fit in rg? Should I start although I know I'm a little old for a beginner? And since I'm going to work and train really hard, do you think I could even compete (I'm not aiming for Olympics of course, but at some local or even national competitions!) ??
Thank you (:
RibbonToss

PostPosted: Sat, 6-Sep-2014 2:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe if you are physically able you can always try to become as best as you can based on your body. Everyone is different in how fast they will progress, but do not let age define you, it is a number and should never be a measurement of your ability to learn. First your main focus should be to get the best of your abilities whatever path you take. Hopefully you are lucky to find a coach who can be supportive in what your goals are and you can train at a gym that has a supportive environment. Eventually, later after getting a good consistent training and skill level, you can find out what the rules are in your country for what is required to compete in lower local level competitions and can determine the steps to take.

Having previous acrobatics training does help a lot if you have done that previously. Of course generally you will still have to work harder than those who got to start at 5 years old and might have more fears of certain skills to overcome but it is still possible to get better, it is dependent of your body, how much you train, what your own physical limitations are, and also determination. Rhythmic gymnastics is so much harder than it looks and is a very expensive sport, but whatever path you take always listen to your body as you train.
Christyrg

PostPosted: Sat, 6-Sep-2014 18:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your enlightening post. I would love to know wether you are a coach or a professional rgymnast because your post shows that you know a lot about rg training and competitions. Anyway, my AG coach was constantly thinking about my competing even at national level but unfortunately at AG you have to have a pair that is no more than 4 years older or younger than you and my club has a lot of little athletes so none of them could compete with me. Furthermore, I know that rg is a difficult sport to do especially when starting at such age but I'm determined to try as hard as I can and I hope that my coach -whoever that may be will help me and guide me right in order to get closer to my goals and dreams (:
Dutchflexiboy

PostPosted: Tue, 30-Sep-2014 12:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're never too old to do the 270 degrees oversplits Cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXtuln-lxdc
xSleepingAwakex

PostPosted: Tue, 30-Sep-2014 20:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dutchflexiboy wrote:
You're never too old to do the 270 degrees oversplits Cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXtuln-lxdc

Poland, my country Love Very Happy So proud!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » The Gym All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: