Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why Orlando received a "0"?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Code of Points
View previous topic | View next topic  
Little Question

PostPosted: Fri, 27-Jul-2007 15:26    Post subject: Why Orlando received a "0"? Reply with quote

At Pan Am, because Alex has broken her ribbon's tick, she got a "0" for her routine. I wonder why if she got enough time to perform some elements on her scripting sheet . WHy any elements performed didn't count despite the fact that she did all her routine? At Corbeil, Bessonova received a mark even if she broke her stick during the routine. Why it is worked for Bessonova and not for Orlando?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Verónica

PostPosted: Fri, 27-Jul-2007 18:13    Post subject: Re: Why Orlando received a "0"? Reply with quote

Little Question wrote:
. WHy any elements performed didn't count despite the fact that she did all her routine?

Well, the COP says that
Quote:

No gymnast or group is allowed to continue an exercise with a broken apparatus. If
the exercise is continued, it will not be evaluated (0.00 pt).

I have not seen her routine but I Carol_Gr said that

Quote:
Alexandra Orlando: Very stable, wonderful to watch, the audience loved her. She got very high scores in all routines, except in her sad ribbon...
Even though that, it was a really emotional, cause she keep doing her exercise with the ribbon and the stick in her hands, till the end, and didnt give up!

Maybe that's why she got O points. I remember Bessonova stoping her routine them moment the ribbon was broken.
Little Question

PostPosted: Fri, 27-Jul-2007 23:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

But Bessonova got her marks; she never got a "0" even if the rule is clear! Why?
Is it because Orlando is not UKR?

BTW thanks for info.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
UkrainianGymnasticsFan

PostPosted: Sat, 28-Jul-2007 1:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt think its THAT biased. I think because Bessonova stopped the routine straight away but Orlado kept going until the end. So if Orlando stopped when it broke she would of gotten some of her score too. As it says " If the exercise is continued, it will not be evaluated (0.00 pt)." so she got a "0" because she kept going. Is that correct? Thats what i understood. Hope it helps

See ya

Sacrifice is giving up something good for something better.
Verónica

PostPosted: Sat, 28-Jul-2007 9:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

UkrainianGymnasticsFan wrote:
I wouldnt think its THAT biased. I think because Bessonova stopped the routine straight away but Orlado kept going until the end. So if Orlando stopped when it broke she would of gotten some of her score too. As it says " If the exercise is continued, it will not be evaluated (0.00 pt)." so she got a "0" because she kept going. Is that correct? Thats what i understood. Hope it helps

See ya

Yes, that's what I mean. It's very sad. I have just seen the video and firstly Alexandra reacted exactly the same as Bessonova, she stopped and looked to her coach (at leasts it seems so). Unfortunately, it seems somebody asked Alexandra to continue, while Bessonova's coach asked her to stop.
JR

PostPosted: Sat, 28-Jul-2007 9:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmm...If not mistaken in Wch Budapest 2003, in AA groups,,, Greece broken one hoop 10 seconds before finish the routine and the penalty was minimum... nodoby remeber this? Or was a dream? Embarassed
MarisaO

PostPosted: Sat, 28-Jul-2007 15:13    Post subject: red flag?? Reply with quote

Here in Canada, our head judge will put up a red flag for the gymnast to stop.
Does this not apply internationally?
Also, I have to wonder if this had been anyone other than Alexandra would this have happened? We Canadians again are too nice.
iluvrsg

PostPosted: Sat, 28-Jul-2007 17:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone know why Alexandra did not have second apparatus? some coach don't like to have it because it can be bad luck but it is now worse luck than before.
Begotxu

PostPosted: Sat, 28-Jul-2007 18:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

JR wrote:
mmm...If not mistaken in Wch Budapest 2003, in AA groups,,, Greece broken one hoop 10 seconds before finish the routine and the penalty was minimum... nodoby remeber this? Or was a dream? Embarassed

This is real, i was in budapest and all saw it. A hoop brokes 10 seconds before finish
dalit

PostPosted: Sat, 28-Jul-2007 20:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

imo,this rule should be change-if the apparatus is broken, the gymnast or the group should stop the routine and will be allowed to compete agin Exclamation .it was so CRUEL to see Bessnova in Corbil or Orlando now deserving the gold medal and because something that happened that didn't have realtion to their high level of gymnastic they lost the gold medal.by the way i think it also happened to the Bul senior group in the W.C. (in the 90") with their ribbon routine,
Little Question

PostPosted: Sat, 28-Jul-2007 20:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

dalit wrote:
imo,this rule should be change-if the apparatus is broken, the gymnast or the group should stop the routine and will be allowed to compete agin Exclamation .it was so CRUEL to see Bessnova in Corbil or Orlando now deserving the gold medal and because something that happened that didn't have realtion to their high level of gymnastic they lost the gold medal.by the way i think it also happened to the Bul senior group in the W.C. (in the 90") with their ribbon routine,

For sure that this rule has to be changed to make it more clear. A lot of possibilities may be considered. There is a risk to remake all a routine from the beginning. It can be good or not depending how much the elements are well-performed or not. It can be a second chance but does it fair for other athletes? In figure skating, I think that a rule concerning the music is applied when the K7 or cd failed: the athlete is allowed to continue from the breaking point. At that point, it is fair for other athletes which cannot benefit from a second chance to correct their mistakes as the athlete victime of a breaking. I think that a similar rule may be applied. The athlete may be allowed to continue but only from the breaking point. The break should not become an unfair avantage.
katekloos

PostPosted: Sat, 28-Jul-2007 21:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that it is unfair for a gymnast to lose her medal when it comes to something they cannot control, but both of these gymnast had the option of having replacement apparatus at the side. They lose only .5 for taking it, and will not get credit for whatever skills they have missed, but that's it!.

I remember watching a group routine here in Canada a few years ago and one of the ribbons broke right at the beginning of the routine. She had replacement, took it, and the rest of the routine was beautiful.

It is a real shame for Alex. She is a true champion and will definately go on to continue her medal sweeps. Here in Canada, we are especially proud of her. We always teach our young gymnasts to keep going with the going gets tough, and she sure did. Thanks for representing us so well Alex!
UkrainianGymnasticsFan

PostPosted: Sun, 29-Jul-2007 1:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone has this routine? I really want to watch it for myself? Would it be on YouYube?

Thanks

katekloos

PostPosted: Sun, 29-Jul-2007 1:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=y9r8fnoGHbQ
UkrainianGymnasticsFan

PostPosted: Sun, 29-Jul-2007 1:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omg! I had tears in my eyes after this! Did you see her face after the end? I dont think i would of had the courage to keep going. Her coach shouldnt of told her to keep going i think or she should of at least had a spare ribbon. That is so sad. She did amazing pivots and a really nice routine. Ahhh so unfair! It sucks! The rule should change!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Code of Points All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: