Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why Orlando received a "0"?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Code of Points
View previous topic | View next topic  
Janita

PostPosted: Thu, 30-Aug-2007 9:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

ptitecécile wrote:
So I have a question : why some gymnasts (like bessonova and orlando here) don't have a replacement apparatus?? The COP authorize this and I think it's really strange to don't put a replacement apparatus near the carpet, it is careless especially in the AA... I don't understand,someone have an explanation?

you know, a ribbon that breaks is something that is almost never happening. Most of the time people put replacement apparates when they now they do something difficilt in which apparates can break or in where they know their is a change apparates will go out very far after spectacular catch ... Most people don't put extra apparates
Sasta33

PostPosted: Sun, 16-Sep-2007 14:48    Post subject: Re: Why Orlando received a "0"? Reply with quote

Verónica wrote:
Little Question wrote:
. WHy any elements performed didn't count despite the fact that she did all her routine?

Well, the COP says that
Quote:

No gymnast or group is allowed to continue an exercise with a broken apparatus. If
the exercise is continued, it will not be evaluated (0.00 pt).

I have not seen her routine but I Carol_Gr said that

Quote:
Alexandra Orlando: Very stable, wonderful to watch, the audience loved her. She got very high scores in all routines, except in her sad ribbon...
Even though that, it was a really emotional, cause she keep doing her exercise with the ribbon and the stick in her hands, till the end, and didnt give up!

Maybe that's why she got O points. I remember Bessonova stoping her routine them moment the ribbon was broken.

I remember that, too. Bessonova stopped her routine the minute the ribbon stick broke. She probably received her score based on the elements she successfully completed. Maybe Orlando didn't realize that she should have stopped her routine immediately? She might have gotten at least a partial score.

Anyway, it's hard for me to understand that gymnasts at this high level wouldn't save themselves some heartache and place an extra apparatus by the side of the carpet. It could end up saving them later on, and could mean the difference between winning a medal and coming in last.
Sasta33

PostPosted: Sun, 16-Sep-2007 14:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

katekloos wrote:
I agree that it is unfair for a gymnast to lose her medal when it comes to something they cannot control, but both of these gymnast had the option of having replacement apparatus at the side. They lose only .5 for taking it, and will not get credit for whatever skills they have missed, but that's it!.

I remember watching a group routine here in Canada a few years ago and one of the ribbons broke right at the beginning of the routine. She had replacement, took it, and the rest of the routine was beautiful.

It is a real shame for Alex. She is a true champion and will definately go on to continue her medal sweeps. Here in Canada, we are especially proud of her. We always teach our young gymnasts to keep going with the going gets tough, and she sure did. Thanks for representing us so well Alex!

I agree completely. Why athletes don't take advantage of having replacement apparatus is beyond me. It can make such a difference.
Hooby

PostPosted: Tue, 13-Nov-2007 21:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor Alexandra!

-Hooby-
Marina Gc

PostPosted: Fri, 4-Jan-2008 17:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Begotxu wrote:
JR wrote:
mmm...If not mistaken in Wch Budapest 2003, in AA groups,,, Greece broken one hoop 10 seconds before finish the routine and the penalty was minimum... nodoby remeber this? Or was a dream? Embarassed

This is real, i was in budapest and all saw it. A hoop brokes 10 seconds before finish

I was next to the carpet (photographers' placement) and the greek gymnast was very smart because she tried to hide the hoop and I think she got it cause she did it very well.

The broken hoop couldn't be seen clearly from the judges point and the gymnast put her hand fixing the parts of the hoop and the best part was when they finished the routine, and the gymnast kept fixing the parts with one hand and waving with the other one, making almost imposible for the judges to notice that there was a broken hoop.

Sorry for my explanation but It's as difficult to explain as it was difficult to see this case of broken apparatous in that WC.

Marina Very Happy
sofia

PostPosted: Sat, 5-Jan-2008 0:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is true...she acted very smart that moment.
maryh

PostPosted: Thu, 7-Feb-2008 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Italy had a knot in a ribbon during their routine in Budapest 03 and they hided it also very well becasue they didn't got a deduction...
Janita

PostPosted: Thu, 7-Feb-2008 21:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

maryh wrote:
Italy had a knot in a ribbon during their routine in Budapest 03 and they hided it also very well becasue they didn't got a deduction...

are you sure about that? Because having a knot in the ribbon is given deduction by the judges of execution. This can not be seen by the audiance, unless the judge herself explain why she gave xx points. In contrary of some other mistakes their is no deduction afterwards.
sofia

PostPosted: Thu, 7-Feb-2008 23:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know for budapest...but in patra's site you can see all the points...of course in execution you only see the final number from every judge but...
maryh

PostPosted: Sat, 9-Feb-2008 3:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janita wrote:
maryh wrote:

are you sure about that? Because having a knot in the ribbon is given deduction by the judges of execution. This can not be seen by the audiance, unless the judge herself explain why she gave xx points. In contrary of some other mistakes their is no deduction afterwards.

Yes, they had a knot and they scored 4th at AA with the 3rd highest score in 5 ribbons, look at the video at 4:00. A knotted ribbon impeded spain to classify for the final at sydney OG... Deductions should be the same for everyone...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI3xmjtelKw

Brazil in athens also had a knot during the WHOLE routine, in fact they started the exercise with a knot... is there an extra deduction if you start the routine with a knot??
Janita

PostPosted: Sat, 9-Feb-2008 9:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

maryh wrote:
Deductions should be the same for everyone...

but i don't say they weren't deducted. But a knot is not the same as a broken apparate. And so having a knot is deducted, but it is the judge of execution who does this, not the headjudge.
maryh

PostPosted: Sat, 9-Feb-2008 13:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janita wrote:

but i don't say they weren't deducted. But a knot is not the same as a broken apparate. And so having a knot is deducted, but it is the judge of execution who does this, not the headjudge.

their scored showed that they didn't got a deduction... Of course a knot is not the same as a broken apparate, I'm just comparing situations that should have had deductions and they didn't, or if they did, the deduction was minimmum
David

PostPosted: Tue, 12-Feb-2008 9:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

katekloos wrote:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=y9r8fnoGHbQ

Poor Alex.. Crying or Very sad
But I'm glad becouse she continued her perfomance and this pivots at the end are amazing Shocked she is so good Wink .I member like Anna Bessonova broke stick at Corbeil 2003.

- http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NNm6MqEds7U
maii

PostPosted: Thu, 20-Mar-2008 12:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHy shouldn't the cop be changed into you just being able to repeat your exercise once? Rolling Eyes
Sery

PostPosted: Sat, 22-Mar-2008 1:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

maii wrote:
WHy shouldn't the cop be changed into you just being able to repeat your exercise once? Rolling Eyes

because you can break the apparatus by yourself and repeat the exercise, if you want to do so in case of big mistakes, for example Cool
It's very easy to break a ribbon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Code of Points All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: