Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What kind of language do you speak?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic | View next topic  
ZKata

PostPosted: Fri, 19-Oct-2007 18:47    Post subject: What kind of language do you speak? Reply with quote

I edit my old post. Oh my God, I had so many mistakes.. I feel ashamed of myself, but I know it was a part of learning English (grammatical mistakes etc).
Hungarian, German, English, Spanish

Last edited by ZKata on Sat, 27-Aug-2011 9:28; edited 1 time in total
tigrenoir

PostPosted: Fri, 19-Oct-2007 19:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

I speak only French and English

but I really want to learn German, Russian and Bulgarian, and why not more if it's possible

www.lucduval.net : my galery
ZKata

PostPosted: Fri, 19-Oct-2007 19:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

and why not more if it's possible<-- ask you me this? Embarassed
Kaja =)

PostPosted: Fri, 19-Oct-2007 19:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norwegian is my mothertounge, but I am also fluent in English. In Norway we learn English in school from we are 6, but only very basic words. It's one of the 3 most important subjects in secondary school (along with mathematics and Norwegian).

In Norway, we have two official languages - Bokmål and Nynorsk. They are rather similar, but some things are totally different. Nynorsk was developed from 'old' Norwegian (though the name means 'new Norwegian') after Norway became an independent country. They wanted to have a language with as little Danish influence as possible. Studying Nynorsk in school is mandatory. In fact, Nynorsk is the official language of my county, but it's really not used in Bergen, only the areas around the city and up in the mountains.
I think it's safe to say that Nynorsk is the most hated subject of all in school Laughing

Then, I speak Swedish because it's easy for Norwegians to learn, and I understand Danish without any problems (like English) but I will never be able to speak Danish because they have a very difficult pronounciation (in fact, written Norwegian and written Danish is, I guess, 90 % the same... but spoken is 100 % different Laughing )

I have studied Spanish in school for three years but we only have 2 hours every week so we are still at a pretty low level.

I know some German (I understand a lot but I can't speak myself), and some French and Russian (not very much, though). Bulgarian and Finnish - only a few sentences and words Laughing

Generally, I really like learning different languages and it comes quite easily for me, I guess I kind of have an "instinct" there Laughing
b00ty

PostPosted: Fri, 19-Oct-2007 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I speak English and Italian fluently...also French and Spanish because i studied the languages when i was 5 years old.
tigrenoir

PostPosted: Fri, 19-Oct-2007 20:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZKata wrote:
and why not more if it's possible<-- ask you me this? Embarassed

I thought to other lanquage like Italian, Swedish, Norvegian, Finnish, Ukrainian and Belarussian (even if they are near of Russian) and perhaps more, it will depend of where I'll be.

www.lucduval.net : my galery
sarah

PostPosted: Fri, 19-Oct-2007 22:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found out that I have a bit of a flair for languages in school Smile

im fluent in french (my mother being french!) and also spanish, italian and welsh, naturellement, because I live in wales!

I find that spanish is the easiest to learn and that italian is like a combination of french and spanish!

In the long-term, I would loove to learn russian or any other slavic language, I could listen to anybody from eastern europe all day long Cool
Kaja =)

PostPosted: Fri, 19-Oct-2007 23:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

I so agree Sarah! I love how Russian sounds, so pretty. My friends all think I'm crazy, they say Russian is the most hideous-sounding language ever. Confused
FaerieDevilish

PostPosted: Sat, 20-Oct-2007 2:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only speak Spanish where I live.

I'm learning English, French and Chinese (Mandarin). I've taken German, Italian and ancient Greek courses in the past, but those don't count.
I can understand Italian but I cannot say a lot in it.
I want to learn Nahuatl (a native language in Mexico), Arabic, Russian and finish the language courses I'm engaged in. Lol. If possible, Swahili is still in the list.
Janita

PostPosted: Sat, 20-Oct-2007 8:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, dutch (flemish) is my mother tongue

then i speak french and english. I understand german and austrian (i know it's almost the same but i've discovered i better understand austrian then german Wink). and i'm learning spanish. But it's still pretty low level. After i came back from mexico, i started to understand spanish when it's spoken slowly, but now i've forgotten everything Sad
ZKata

PostPosted: Sat, 20-Oct-2007 14:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa! All of them what kind of you speak many languages you are for you!! Not to study an easy foreign language though. I do not speak up already with my language knowledge now. ( But I am 15 years old) Embarassed
It is so interesting if they speak more languages in a country. For example when I was in Switzerland first on his part with a German language was, we went over onto the French part next, and was so odd! As if I would be in an other country. This will be a stupid question Embarassed Embarassed , but. if I am left now with the example brought up by me for example, Do the ones with a German language understand the French in Switzerland? You are it for example in Canada English speakers the French, and in this manner long?

Nosh if is for example from one like this your mood to tell a story, you are with similar topics write here Wink : http://www.rsg.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15658
This I got onto everybody! I would be glad if everybody would write, of course, only who has a mood. Very Happy Wink

PS.: I tell everybody that I am sorry that I speak so badly in English very very much, and I am sorry for it, how you do not understand it if I write something down in that manner. I hope for it you understand it and nobody will be angry at me.
Kaja =)

PostPosted: Sat, 20-Oct-2007 14:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry Zkata! Very Happy Writing and reading this forum is a great way of learning English! (I've learnt most of my English on forums, I joined here when I was 13 - I'm now 16 and my English is much better!)
ybalka_

PostPosted: Sat, 20-Oct-2007 14:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

I speak spanish and galician( an official language in my region inside of Spain), and I can mantain a conversation in English and French quite fluent, I understand written Italian but spoken Italian Confused ...They talk soooo fast and have so many dialects Laughing ¡¡¡

I'd love to learn Russian, is a very phonetical language and very beautiful and also german...but those "germanic-slavic-i don't know what" languages seems too difficult to my latin mind Sad
ZKata

PostPosted: Sat, 20-Oct-2007 15:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaja thank you for it your understanding.
It you may be more aged with this much language knowledge, but I was out then.Embarassed All of my acknowledgements are yours! Shocked Wink
*rotkwicca*

PostPosted: Sat, 20-Oct-2007 15:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mother tongue is Serbian. With knowing one Balkan (south) slavic language you can basically understand almost all of them, for me especially Croatian, which is different from Serbian only on some lexical and grammatical points, but very insignificantly. I can watch Croatian TV with maybe not knowing every 200th word or something Laughing It's a bit harder with Macedonian, Slovenian and Bulgarian, but still works for basic communication.
I have been learning English since i was 6, so up to now, I know it pretty well, i have only to pass the highest (C2) exam. I've been learning French in school, I can write quite well, speak not that well, but that's also because im somehow shy to speak in French, and to understand it depends on the speed of talking. Now im studying languages at the faculty of Philology, Spanish and Portuguese. I love roman (latin) languages! By the age of 30, i would like to perfect the languages i've already started, plus to know another few latin languages, + Russian and Japanese. We'll see if i make it Laughing Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Off Topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: