Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What kind of language do you speak?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic | View next topic  
Janita

PostPosted: Sat, 20-Oct-2007 15:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZKata wrote:
Do the ones with a German language understand the French in Switzerland? You are it for example in Canada English speakers the French, and in this manner long?

this depends... In belgium officially theire are 3 spoken language (dutch, french and german). As for this reason, in primary school from 10 till 12 everybody is obliged to learn the other language. But after it depends on the part where you live in . In the dutch part we are obliged to continue with french (if you learn german it depends on what you follow in school) but in the french part they start with english and quit dutch. I know in the world english is more important but imo they should continue with dutch so that they can understand something from our region when they come to us. And believe they come a lot to us (f.ex. holiday at the sea).

In switzerland i believe they don't learn the other language. I'm not quiet sure but i know that when Roger Federer moved to the french part, he didn't understand a word and i believe he already was 16. So this means he didn't learn it at school (now he speaks french fluently).
ZKata

PostPosted: Sat, 20-Oct-2007 16:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rotkwicca many successes and for everybody who studies a language or plans! Wink
Janita I did not know this. And not bad this? A commissioner may be heavy for me in that manner.
Gergely

PostPosted: Sat, 20-Oct-2007 21:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hungarian of course Smile

I have been learning English since I was 9, so now I'm in the 18th year. But you can never learn enough Wink

I've also learnt German in high school (though I haven't really practiced it lately, which is a shame. I'm quite good at understanding it though), a bit of Italian, and picked up some Greek while living there for a half year.

If time and work allows, I'd like to go to a local Greek course in the near future.
David

PostPosted: Sat, 20-Oct-2007 22:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm speak Polish and Eglish but now I'm training Russian Smile
Guillermo
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Sat, 20-Oct-2007 23:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

I speak Spanish as my mother tongue, together with Galician (a regional language in Northwestern Spain), English, German, Swedish (and therefore I might understand basic Norwegian, much better in written form, of course) and right now I'm in my first lessons of Russian.

Furthermore I can understand a normal conversation in Italian, Frech and Portuguese, as they are all Latin languages, but couldn't be able to keep going in a fast rhythm. And of course, I can't say I speak those languages, only that I can keep along with them and it would be rather easy to get a high level in a very short time.

I was also interested in learning Chinese, but I must be realistic and try to use my scarce free time in a reasonable way.

Anyhow, I love learnjing languages and I think I'll go on on it till the day I die.

Greetings

Guillermo
FaerieDevilish

PostPosted: Sun, 21-Oct-2007 0:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guillermo wrote:

I was also interested in learning Chinese, but I must be realistic and try to use my scarce free time in a reasonable way.

I thought the same as well, but I don't think that Chinese is precisely the way we picture it. The part I find the hardest is learning the symbols, which is important, but I have learned a lot in the months I've been in Chinese course. I am sure that, if you study it for two years, you can have a fair conversation with someone in it.
tigrenoir

PostPosted: Sun, 21-Oct-2007 9:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guillermo wrote:

I think it's a bit like russian : the most difficult is to learn the letter, but after I think the rest is easier

www.lucduval.net : my galery
Janita

PostPosted: Sun, 21-Oct-2007 10:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigrenoir wrote:
Guillermo wrote:

I think it's a bit like russian : the most difficult is to learn the letter, but after I think the rest is easier

i'm sorry tigrenoir to disappoint you, but chinese is a lot more difficult then russian (not that russian is easy). The good thing of english, french, spanish and even russian is that their exist an alphabet. For chinese an alphabet does not exist. The signes (characters) are also not by letter, as we are used to, but by tone. And even by tone ... something that for us can be the same, their exist (if i remember correctly) 4 different tones (the same height, going up, going down, down and up (or vica versa)).

what also exist in china is newspapers for people who can read 2000 signes and then one for who can read 5000 signes and for 10.000 signes. They talk about the same but it's explained easier/more difficicult. When you can read the alphabet, you are able to read every word in french, english, dutch, german, spanish, but in china it is possible they can speak all words, but can not read all of them. My niece of 9 is able to read everything although she will not understand every word as she is too young. You understand the difference?
Kaja =)

PostPosted: Sun, 21-Oct-2007 15:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigrenoir wrote:
Guillermo wrote:

For me it's been no problem learning the cyrillic alphabet on my own... so maybe I'll find it pretty easy to learn the language (in school)! Very Happy
ybalka_

PostPosted: Sun, 21-Oct-2007 16:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes , the cyrillic alphabet is no difficult, I've learnt by myself to read it by watching videos and read interviews and all that we see here everyday Wink
So, I can read a russian text but I've no idea what I'm reading Laughing
As for russian grammar...well, i think is kind of hard, isn't it?
FaerieDevilish

PostPosted: Sun, 21-Oct-2007 16:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaja =) wrote:
tigrenoir wrote:

For me it's been no problem learning the cyrillic alphabet on my own... so maybe I'll find it pretty easy to learn the language (in school)! Very Happy

The problem in Chinese is that there are no letters. When you learn Russian or Greek, you learn the alphabet first - in Chinese you learn the sounds of pinyin (the way Chinese is written with western alphabet), the types of tildes, and then you begin learning words and basic structures. Each word has its own symbol (I don't remember the name in Chinese for those symbols).

I don't know yet about the systems that were used in the creation of the symbols. I just know that one of the sources is visual - they represented the word 'sun' as a circle with a dot in the middle before, but now it's evolved into a symbol that has two squares, one on top of another (or a long vertical rectangle that is divided by a horizontal line in the middle). Perhaps there is an easier way to know what a symbol means without having to memorise its meaning first, but, so far, it's only memorisation of words in my class. Hehe.

Perhaps someone who speaks Chinese can tell us?
*Shadow*

PostPosted: Mon, 22-Oct-2007 0:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russian, Ukrainian, English, and most of German Wink
Jonathan

PostPosted: Mon, 22-Oct-2007 12:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

I speak English (although some people disagree with that!) and I have studied French since I was 11 and still study at University level. I lived in France last year so am fairly fluent. I also study Spanish and did do Italian (although its been replaced in my brain with Spanish Razz) I'm also learning Russian and went to Moscow for 1 month to study in a language institute during the summer (I can't say I studied much, I was doing other things Wink but it was a great experience Wink ).
Danny

PostPosted: Mon, 22-Oct-2007 15:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I speak Dutch (Flemish)

greetings, Danny Wink
Snowflake

PostPosted: Wed, 24-Oct-2007 9:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russian (native speaker Wink ), English and Spanish.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Off Topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: