Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suggestion addressing newer users

View previous topic | View next topic  
FaerieDevilish

PostPosted: Sat, 22-Mar-2008 23:34    Post subject: Suggestion addressing newer users Reply with quote

Hello.

I don't know what the status of suggestions is on this board (given that the description of this sub-forum addresses complaints mostly), but I thought that, if it is within our interests to strengthen the position of RG in the world of sport, we need to take into consideration the way we are attracting people to it - gymnasts don't do it alone through their routines, after all.

I think that, to avoid possibly scaring people away by making them look for information on RG they can hardly systematically find in such a vast board, a thread (if not a sub-forum) should be set as a locked sticky to compile the basic info on RG that newbies may want to know, and another one should be opened for its discussion.

I think doing this would help the newer ones find the basic information much faster and would also let the moderators keep the forum in order more easily. If it won't be taken into account, I still hope something different will be done to keep the attention of those who bother to take a look into the sport.

Thanks.
Skazala

PostPosted: Sun, 30-Mar-2008 2:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is a very good idea. Grin
Kaja =)

PostPosted: Sun, 30-Mar-2008 15:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree.
Hooby

PostPosted: Sun, 30-Mar-2008 22:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs up. I agree with you. Wink
*Don't ever let someone tell you that you can't do something.You got a dream, you got to protect it. People can’t do something themselves, they want to tell you that you can’t do it. You want something, go get it.
Storm
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Sun, 30-Mar-2008 22:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

the best solution would be a sub forum because I wouldn't know where to place the topics if the case..but as said before, only our Admin could create one and he is very very busy as far as I know Confused

Beside.. my VERY personal opinion... I find the thing a bit complicated anyway.
What select? what to say, what not?
I base my opinion on my personal experience cause I'm not a gymnast and never been, but I started to learn about RG from internet and forum..looking around me, finding videos and photos.
Nothing speaks better than a good video imo Wink
BUT this doesn't mean I'm against your idea. Very Happy
tigrenoir

PostPosted: Sun, 30-Mar-2008 23:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Storm wrote:
the best solution would be a sub forum because I wouldn't know where to place the topics if the case..but as said before, only our Admin could create one and he is very very busy as far as I know Confused

you speak about Alexander ?

Yes, it's sad he can't be more on the forum, but why some administrator/moderator of the forum don't send an email to Alexander to ask for him for his account login or better yet, to ask him to create a special account for the administrator team can does some change on the forum ?

www.lucduval.net : my galery
FaerieDevilish

PostPosted: Mon, 31-Mar-2008 0:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think "The Gym" would work for this, to be honest.

I agree that it would be something very vague and therefore hard to be objective on what to include and what not, but I have seen examples of this in other forums elaborated by members of this forum that were well received from members who were new to rhythmics. I am sure this could work as a solid basis in case this idea were implemented...

Although this should be subject to discussion among the members who, after all, make up a very significant part of the community, I think the COP basics (which could be quoted directly from the example I've mentioned with the permission of the author), summary of its history (with links to the existing pages of the complete one), list of "historically relevant gymnasts" by convention of the users (keeping in mind that the point is to make it brief and easily readable) and summary of perhaps each Olympic cycle.

I am aware that it is a lot of work to do, and moderators are not expected to do it alone - I am sure there are a lot of members in the forum who'd be more than willing to cooperate. Also, I know that a lot of the aspects are the object of disagreement, but I am sure we will overcome this obstacle if we work together.

The suggestion is here, and I (among others) am willing to help. I hope the administration will be willing to make this forum a space for, beyond the discussion of lovely leotards, the cradle that people with a vague interest in rhythmics can use to become engaged with the sport.
*rotkwicca*

PostPosted: Mon, 31-Mar-2008 0:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

FaerieDevilish wrote:

The suggestion is here, and I (among others) am willing to help. I hope the administration will be willing to make this forum a space for, beyond the discussion of lovely leotards, the cradle that people with a vague interest in rhythmics can use to become engaged with the sport.

Well said. This basically sums up all i wanted to say. Its really cool that you can sometimes relax from heavy topics and comment on leotards, but there is less and less meaningful discussion and interesting content here.
Skazala

PostPosted: Mon, 31-Mar-2008 0:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about a sticky with the links to important topics? it would help others to find information without having to ask the same questions repeatedly.
carlabunyan

PostPosted: Sun, 2-Nov-2008 12:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the first idea.When i was new and posted questions i was told to search but even when i did i didn't find all the answers to my questions and i really want to learn more about this amazing sport
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » RSG.net All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: