Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cost of R.G.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic | View next topic  
Cirilio

PostPosted: Thu, 8-May-2008 19:12    Post subject: Cost of R.G. Reply with quote

Hi everyone. I'm currently writing a newspaper article about the cost of RG. (training, traveling to competition, leotards etc). I wanted to know how much in expenses do people pay.
How much for coach?
Leos?
Fees to enter competition.
How much prize money do EC,WC, OG finalist receive?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
wuem

PostPosted: Thu, 8-May-2008 19:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting. I'd like to see the answers to those questions.
Janita

PostPosted: Fri, 9-May-2008 9:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the coach ... well, you normally pay an amount every year to the club and it's the club who is paying the coach. Do you speak of high level RG? In that case in Belgium it is something between €500 and €650. The lowest competition levels (training 4 till 6 hours a week) pay like €200

Leos: the "normal" ones will be like €100. At least that's the maximum we normally pay in our club (the leo is always self made). But all depends on what you like on the leo.

Fees to enter competition: I think you better go the website of the big competitions to know the prices. To see the Belgian championchip we pay €7. But if you look in the thread of EC2008 you will find a link to the website and the amount is much much higher. I believe the "Deriguana cup" also isn't expensive. But to see Corbeil or Thiais you pay a lot more.

Is there price money in EC, WC for the gymnast individual? Normally the federation receives money for the good results and it is their decision if they want to pay something to the gymnast. At the OG it really depends on the country. I don't remember how much the Belgian athletes received when they came home with a medal, but i remember some countries were given two times more... If you wait some months it will be all over the newspaper how much a gymnast can earn with a place in the final 8 or a medal.
Kaja =)

PostPosted: Fri, 9-May-2008 10:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can help you with a few of them. For leos, nice leos normally cost about 500 USD. But it depends greatly. I think the most expensive leos of RUS, UKR and BLR are several thousand dollars.
My club pays for competition fees, and we pay around 1000 USD for the training. But we cover all travelling costs ourselves.
Virja

PostPosted: Fri, 9-May-2008 10:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pay 285 euros for 5 hours of training a week I think
I have one comp leo which cost around 80 euro's, but it's very simple.( though I still like it a lot! ) Most leo's are self-made, it's much cheaper.
Fees for competition isn't that much, just a couple of euros
My traveling costs to training are about 20 euros a week, and traveling to competition quickly is about 20 euros if it is with the public transport.
Oh and of course you buy your own apparatus, which sometimes (or often Laughing ) need replacement. And that differs with the brand a lot. And toe shoes, sigh... are taped together with a lot of tape!
Hope this helps,
Virja
Tyushka

PostPosted: Fri, 9-May-2008 10:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

For coach - nothing.
For leos...mm..may be 200$ )
fees..from 5$ till 25 $
Janita

PostPosted: Fri, 9-May-2008 10:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaja =) wrote:
I can help you with a few of them. For leos, nice leos normally cost about 500 USD. But it depends greatly. I think the most expensive leos of RUS, UKR and BLR are several thousand dollars.

I know, but i wasn't speaking about the gymnast who goes to world and the few Russian/Ukrainian/Belarusian who have leos of 2000 USD. There are a lot more gymnast then these 150 who goes to the world championships and have very beautiful and expensive leos. Many leos are self made and then it can be a lot cheaper then 500 USD. At least this is what i saw in my ex-club (and imo these are also very nice). Many gymnasts are not at international level and these parents will not pay €300 for a leo. So it really depends on what you are looking for. The price most parents are paying for it, or the most expensive. Because there is of course a big difference

Quote:

My club pays for competition fees, and we pay around 1000 USD for the training. But we cover all traveling costs ourselves.

Ah ok. I was speaking of the fee the spectator has to see. In Belgium competitions i believe it is something like €4 for the competitions, but the club is also paying these.
rg_chik

PostPosted: Fri, 9-May-2008 12:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

its all expensive
Very Happy
2gym

PostPosted: Fri, 9-May-2008 16:13    Post subject: cost Reply with quote

We pay from 42 euro to 75 euro for competitions. it depends on level of the girl and whether the meet is required or an invitational.
Monthly coaching is 168 euro for about 7 hours a week, if you practice more the hourly rate is less.
My mom makes my leos for about 32 euro, some from Illusions are more, like 130, and the high level girls have to spend more, say 324 euro. We try to resell the leos to the younger girls to get some money back. We buy all our equipment.
The parents pay for everything: all fees and meet expenses, travel, coaching, leotards. If we travel to a meet we also share to pay for the coach. If you go to another country and send a judge, then you have to pay for the judge also. If you are on the National team then they pay for some travel costs, but not much else.
The National team does have training camps, I am not sure how much money they pay for the girl, and what her family needs to pay.
Janita

PostPosted: Fri, 9-May-2008 18:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

2gym, from what country are you?
Tyushka

PostPosted: Fri, 9-May-2008 18:55    Post subject: Re: cost Reply with quote

2gym wrote:

The parents pay for everything: all fees and meet expenses, travel, coaching, leotards. If we travel to a meet we also share to pay for the coach. If you go to another country and send a judge, then you have to pay for the judge also.

The same thing.
Sasta33

PostPosted: Sat, 10-May-2008 5:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

At my old club, we paid about 250 USD per month for training, which was about twelve hours per week. We had to pay for the coach's travel expenses if the competition was far away, plus pay for her meals and a fee just for her to train us at the competition. That's pretty common here in the US.....actually, it seems to happen in quite a few countries. The parents usually have to pay for everything. It really started to add up after a few years.
The leotards were various costs... I'd say most of us paid between 90 to 175 USD for a leotard. We pay about between 50-100 USD to enter a competition.
One thing that's popular in the USA is for the club to form a parents' association. The parents must pay a fee, and then the club helps them (somewhat) to raise money to help cover costs of competitions. If the parent doesn't help enough, then the club keeps the deposit. If the parents does help raise money for the club, then the parents gets back the fee they paid to join.
Sasta33

PostPosted: Sat, 10-May-2008 5:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janita wrote:
Kaja =) wrote:

I know, but i wasn't speaking about the gymnast who goes to world and the few Russian/Ukrainian/Belarusian who have leos of 2000 USD. There are a lot more gymnast then these 150 who goes to the world championships and have very beautiful and expensive leos. Many leos are self made and then it can be a lot cheaper then 500 USD. At least this is what i saw in my ex-club (and imo these are also very nice). Many gymnasts are not at international level and these parents will not pay €300 for a leo. So it really depends on what you are looking for. The price most parents are paying for it, or the most expensive. Because there is of course a big difference

Quote:

My club pays for competition fees, and we pay around 1000 USD for the training. But we cover all traveling costs ourselves.

Ah ok. I was speaking of the fee the spectator has to see. In Belgium competitions i believe it is something like €4 for the competitions, but the club is also paying these.

In the USA, the fee to watch a competition really varies. I have been to competitions where the cost is only about 2 USD...and then there were times it cost 15 USD just to watch! And these weren't high-level athletes, either. The girls were about ten years old and younger.
Lika

PostPosted: Sat, 10-May-2008 9:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

in Russia the leotards for top gymnasts (i mean who are on the russian team) cost US$1000 but of course the gymnasts themselves dont pay for them. Also training there is usually free.

In New Zealand cost of training is about $200 for 3 hours for a 10week period, so if you want to train long hours it costs heaps! And there's no support from the government or gymsportNZ....
sophia789

PostPosted: Sat, 10-May-2008 10:08    Post subject: Re: Cost of R.G. Reply with quote

Cirilio wrote:

How much for coach?
Leos?
Fees to enter competition.
How much prize money do EC,WC, OG finalist receive?

coach: the club pays the coach and the members of our club pay €240 for the whole year and can join the training whenever they want to, there is no limit of hours, so they can go to the training 18-21 hours weekly.

leotards: i agree with the former posters, it depends on how much rhinestones you want on it and how much time it takes to sew it... most of our gymnasts pay between €40 and €200 for their leos, mine did cost €200 each.

competition fees are payed by the club too

f.e.: the whole grand prix final prize is €32 000, but it's split between the gymnasts participating. it depends on how many points you collected in the whole gp series.

but the highest costs - if you are on international level - are the flight costs and the costs for the hotel(also when training somewhere else) etc.... these are thousands of euros!

most international successful athletes have sponsors, who pay for their competition, leos, clothes,....
and many costs are paid by the national federation(when being a member of the national team), eg.. the ec and wc costs...

i hope, i could help you a bit with your article... Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » The Gym All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: