Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cost of R.G.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic | View next topic  
RGribbonqueen

PostPosted: Sat, 9-Jan-2010 18:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

sora-chan2 wrote:
My training costs about £14 a week (7 and a half hours). To enter a competition costs from £10-15 but our club has to pay a fee to enter us I think. We buy all our leos ourself. They cost £100 upwards for a new one but if anyone in our club has a spare leo or one that is too small they might sell it to you for about £50. We pay for all our apparatus, toe shoes etc ourselves too. If we have to travel a long way we have to pay for food and hotels. I think RG is a very expensive sport in the UK Smile

Me too!
When i did artistic gymnastics it cost £60 a term, which was around a month. My ballet training cost £3 per half an hour session, and doing grades cost around £45 per examination.
Grace

PostPosted: Sun, 10-Jan-2010 0:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

£175 per month
+ Leotards + apparatus + competition fees + travel and hotels + squad fees
RG is definately very expensive especially when there is no funding in the country! Rolling Eyes
anna bessonova1986

PostPosted: Sun, 10-Jan-2010 2:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Cirilio"][quote="anna bessonova1986"]in an interview bessonova says that her leos cost 200 thousand dollars each cause there hand made specialy and there very beautifull too i mean come on Rolling Eyes but where does she get the money Shocked[/quote]

maybe she meant in UKR currency it's 2000[/quote]

oh whoops i meant 2000 dollars hahah Embarassed Very Happy
sora-chan2

PostPosted: Sun, 10-Jan-2010 13:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

RGribbonqueen wrote:
sora-chan2 wrote:
My training costs about £14 a week (7 and a half hours). To enter a competition costs from £10-15 but our club has to pay a fee to enter us I think. We buy all our leos ourself. They cost £100 upwards for a new one but if anyone in our club has a spare leo or one that is too small they might sell it to you for about £50. We pay for all our apparatus, toe shoes etc ourselves too. If we have to travel a long way we have to pay for food and hotels. I think RG is a very expensive sport in the UK Smile

Me too!
When i did artistic gymnastics it cost £60 a term, which was around a month. My ballet training cost £3 per half an hour session, and doing grades cost around £45 per examination.

A term is 6 weeks for us so my RG costs 84 pounds a term Shocked Do you think AG is cheaper than RG?

http://www.youtube.com/princessiero2
Ask me a question!
http://www.formspring.me/toastqueen
RGribbonqueen

PostPosted: Sun, 10-Jan-2010 18:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

sora-chan2 wrote:
RGribbonqueen wrote:
sora-chan2 wrote:

Me too!

A term is 6 weeks for us so my RG costs 84 pounds a term Shocked Do you think AG is cheaper than RG?

Yes i'd say so. You don't need to buy any apparatus, and the leos are considerably cheaper! My apparatus alone has cost me a lot, sasaki is so exspensive!
Your club sounds pretty exspensive! I think my mother would be anoyed if she had to pay that! But i have to wait another year before i can go to a club Sad
sora-chan2

PostPosted: Sun, 10-Jan-2010 19:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

RGribbonqueen wrote:
sora-chan2 wrote:
RGribbonqueen wrote:
sora-chan2 wrote:

Me too!

Yes i'd say so. You don't need to buy any apparatus, and the leos are considerably cheaper! My apparatus alone has cost me a lot, sasaki is so exspensive!
Your club sounds pretty exspensive! I think my mother would be anoyed if she had to pay that! But i have to wait another year before i can go to a club Sad

It is quite expensive yes, especially for some of the girls who train 5 or 6 days a week, but if you do more than 6 and a half hrs training a week it changes to 1 pound 75 per hour Wink And yes, Sasaki is extremely expensive! 35 pounds for a stick Evil or Very Mad I suppose they can get away with charging so much as not many people know about RG so it's hard to get apparatus.
Only a year left Smile good luck!

Ask me a question!
RGribbonqueen

PostPosted: Sun, 10-Jan-2010 19:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

sora-chan2 wrote:
RGribbonqueen wrote:
sora-chan2 wrote:
RGribbonqueen wrote:
sora-chan2 wrote:

Me too!

It is quite expensive yes, especially for some of the girls who train 5 or 6 days a week, but if you do more than 6 and a half hrs training a week it changes to 1 pound 75 per hour Wink And yes, Sasaki is extremely expensive! 35 pounds for a stick Evil or Very Mad I suppose they can get away with charging so much as not many people know about RG so it's hard to get apparatus.

Tell me about it! The price of their ribbon sticks is actually silly haha! The quality is worth it though, since buying sasaki i havent touched my other apparatus Very Happy they feel so different.
Yes only a year Very Happy Seems like only last week, i was saying 2 years! But now we think it might be hard for us to move (another money issue!) , so i might not even get to a club *sigh* But i am determined to make it, even if it means selling everything i own Cool
sora-chan2

PostPosted: Sun, 10-Jan-2010 19:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

RGribbonqueen wrote:
sora-chan2 wrote:
RGribbonqueen wrote:
sora-chan2 wrote:
RGribbonqueen wrote:
sora-chan2 wrote:

Me too!

Tell me about it! The price of their ribbon sticks is actually silly haha! The quality is worth it though, since buying sasaki i havent touched my other apparatus Very Happy they feel so different.
Yes only a year Very Happy Seems like only last week, i was saying 2 years! But now we think it might be hard for us to move (another money issue!) , so i might not even get to a club *sigh* But i am determined to make it, even if it means selling everything i own Cool

It's nice to see such dedication! Some people I know even complain about going to competitions Shocked personally I love them Very Happy

Ask me a question!
RGribbonqueen

PostPosted: Sun, 10-Jan-2010 21:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

sora-chan2 wrote:
RGribbonqueen wrote:
sora-chan2 wrote:
RGribbonqueen wrote:
sora-chan2 wrote:
RGribbonqueen wrote:
sora-chan2 wrote:

Me too!

It's nice to see such dedication! Some people I know even complain about going to competitions Shocked personally I love them Very Happy

Wow haha, why would they complain?! Competition is kind of the whole point of training all the time! haha Some people really can be surprising sometimes!
sora-chan2

PostPosted: Wed, 13-Jan-2010 13:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

RGribbonqueen wrote:
sora-chan2 wrote:
RGribbonqueen wrote:
sora-chan2 wrote:
RGribbonqueen wrote:
sora-chan2 wrote:
RGribbonqueen wrote:
sora-chan2 wrote:

Me too!

Wow haha, why would they complain?! Competition is kind of the whole point of training all the time! haha Some people really can be surprising sometimes!

I know Mr. Green They complain because they do so many competitions (but they're so much fun! Wink )

I forgot to mention RG probably costs a lot in petrol because my parents have to drive half an hour to my gym, and then go home, and then come back to pick me up and go home again 2 times a week. I would like to do more gym but it's so expensive Sad Recently I was in the british group championships and we had to drive about 300 miles to Walsall near Birmingham Shocked

Ask me a question!
Rhythmic _Beauty

PostPosted: Tue, 9-Mar-2010 5:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

sora-chan2 wrote:
RGribbonqueen wrote:
sora-chan2 wrote:
RGribbonqueen wrote:
sora-chan2 wrote:
RGribbonqueen wrote:
sora-chan2 wrote:
RGribbonqueen wrote:
sora-chan2 wrote:

Me too!

I know Mr. Green They complain because they do so many competitions (but they're so much fun! Wink )

I forgot to mention RG probably costs a lot in petrol because my parents have to drive half an hour to my gym, and then go home, and then come back to pick me up and go home again 2 times a week. I would like to do more gym but it's so expensive Sad Recently I was in the british group championships and we had to drive about 300 miles to Walsall near Birmingham Shocked

Wow! It's like my dream to go to competitions since I just started! I take the bus to get to the club once a week. That is like 1 hour and a half to get their. But I feel so free when I'm training so I'm okay with it! But I also pay my own fees and apparatus which is really tough on me.
iloverhythmic

PostPosted: Wed, 30-May-2012 21:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does somebody know how much does it cost to train in Russia, or Ukraine? Also what about to train in the training centers? Just wondering how much they pay in russia for training(:
akika10

PostPosted: Thu, 31-May-2012 3:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the Olympic Training Centre, I don't think they pay for anything unless they are training abroad. (Correct me if I'm wrong).
jaanku

PostPosted: Thu, 11-Oct-2012 17:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

akika10 wrote:
For the Olympic Training Centre, I don't think they pay for anything unless they are training abroad. (Correct me if I'm wrong).

That is right they don't pay if they are living and training at the Olympic centre.
If you go to the camp at Olympic centre for a month from abroad it is $1000 USD
for food, accommodation and training.
kiwigirl

PostPosted: Sat, 13-Oct-2012 7:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in New Zealand and training at my club costs around $1500 per year. I have one leotard that I bought new, it is quite simple but cost $180, one I bought second hand for $100, then I got fed up with paying so much for them and started making my own Smile. It costs about $50 per competition entry fee, $100 per year or $20 per competition for the coach/judge levy (though nationals is more like $100), then we have to pay for transport, accomodation and apparatus on top of that. Plus, sasaki toe shoes here cost about $70 for 1 pair.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » The Gym All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: