Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bessonova's clubs analysis 2008- Beijiing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Code of Points
View previous topic | View next topic  
CoCoNuTsiopatHic

PostPosted: Wed, 29-Oct-2008 18:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

sofia wrote:
you have to understand that in seminars they give some explanations that are not written in the code .
they give some tolerance in the body difficulties....because gymnasts are not superheroes.

I understand that you are correct about this, but still I disagree with the sport being run this way. The 2009 Code of Points still has all of the same guidelines for crediting difficulties as the 2005 Code of Points did, so I don't understand how the FIG TC can decide upon special tolerations in the seminars and then 1) not communicate them with the public via newsletter and 2) not publish those same tolerations in the next edition of the Code of Points. It all seems to me like a tactic to keep judging as a behind-closed-doors operation and justify corruption.

I feel that strict judging empowers coaches and athletes. When they are training and a problem arises with an element, if strict judging is enforced then the coach can know right then and there that the element will not receive credit and will receive a deduction of X amount of tenths. I think this gives them a much stronger control in crafting their routines to achieve the maximum score they can. If there are certain deviations being made from the Code of Points then it becomes a gray area for coaches and athletes to know whether or not those deviations will work to their advantage or if they will not, as is what seemed to likely be the case with Bessonova's clubs routine in Beijing.

If the FIG TC feels that their technical guidelines published in their Code of Points are too strict, then they need to sit down and find a way to modify them, verbalize them, and print them in the Code of Points or a Newsletter making it clear for everyone with an interest in rhythmic gymnastics judging.
sofia

PostPosted: Thu, 30-Oct-2008 11:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you.
your analusis is very good if you use the code correctly.but real life is diffirent!!!!

I think new code is going to be a big failure.....from the beginning.because russian and ukrainian girls are going to take the same scores with uneven routines....so what's the point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Code of Points All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: