Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2009-2012 COP balances
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Code of Points
View previous topic | View next topic  
Tahnee
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Tue, 27-Mar-2012 23:19    Post subject: Re: Combination balance with clubs Reply with quote

gg1219 wrote:
Hello,
What is the value of side – side inclination with help combination balance with roll of one club from the neck on one arm and catching it with the other club in this arm?
Thank you.

If I knew what a side-side inclination balance was, I might be able to help you...
gg1219

PostPosted: Tue, 27-Mar-2012 23:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry. Sideway split with help into side scale with help. I know that the combination balance itself is 0.2+0.4+0.1=0.7. I can not figure out the apparatus part. Roll of one club down with shoulder release and catching it with the other club same arm. Thank you for your help.
Tahnee
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Wed, 28-Mar-2012 10:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you are catching the club without hands? It would be:

Handling (in a balance, without hands): 0.20
gg1219

PostPosted: Wed, 18-Apr-2012 22:14    Post subject: combination balance Reply with quote

From the Code of Points:

Any difficulty performed with a value lower than entered in the form will not count;
difficulties performed with a higher value will keep the value indicated on the form –
except for Pivots and Flexibility difficulties with body rotation (see Individual Exercises
corresponding chapters)

Does it mean that if only one part of combination balance is executed, this part does not get counted? It has to be entire combination or nothing.
Also, if the gymnast drop one club during difficulty of balance, the difficulty still counts, just gets penalized.

Thank you.
Denisa

PostPosted: Mon, 2-Jul-2012 11:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Miteva gets counted the fouette balance at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGwb-3lprU0&feature=relmfu at 1:44 ? IMO she does not use the fouette technique.
Juliana

PostPosted: Tue, 3-Jul-2012 0:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denisa wrote:
Does Miteva gets counted the fouette balance at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGwb-3lprU0&feature=relmfu at 1:44 ? IMO she does not use the fouette technique.

The fouette balance is not counted because she hops/slides after the back scale balance.
Denisa

PostPosted: Tue, 3-Jul-2012 7:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juliana wrote:
The fouette balance is not counted because she hops/slides after the back scale balance.

Beside the execution fault, I was referring to the fouette technique meaning turning the hip during one of the shapes.
I saw many gymnasts not respecting this rule, they just do the 3 shapes required by CoP, but they don't use the right technique. And my question was if the judges count the difficulty.

Last edited by Denisa on Wed, 4-Jul-2012 6:48; edited 1 time in total
Juliana

PostPosted: Wed, 4-Jul-2012 0:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denisa wrote:
Juliana wrote:

Beside the execution fault, I was referring to the fouette technique meaning turning the hip during one of the shapes.
I saw many gymnasts not respecting this rule, they just do the 3 shapes required by CoP, but the don't use the right technique. And my question was if the judges count the difficulty.

Many gymnasts?! REALLY??

As far as I know most of them perform their fouette balances correctly - with at least 1 changing of direction that is!

I don't quite understand what you meant by 'not using the right technique'.. what technique are you referring to... Idea
*Kalinka*

PostPosted: Wed, 4-Jul-2012 9:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juliana wrote:
Denisa wrote:
Juliana wrote:

I saw many gymnasts not respecting this rule, they just do the 3 shapes required by CoP, but the don't use the right technique. And my question was if the judges count the difficulty.

Many gymnasts?! REALLY??

As far as I know most of them perform their fouette balances correctly - with at least 1 changing of direction that is!

I don't quite understand what you meant by 'not using the right technique'.. what technique are you referring to... Idea

Not sure about what Denisa means, but the CoP says: minimum 3 heel supports taken with a fixation in relevé for each shape. I was wondering about this for a while: many gymnasts put their heel down only two times during the balance, because they generally perform 3 shapes. So the heel is down only after the 1st shape and after the 2nd shape. Confused

But maybe Denisa was referring to the fact that Miteva, during the 2nd shape (passé) rotates in relevé and not on flat foot, like the majority of gymnasts do...
Anceps

PostPosted: Wed, 4-Jul-2012 15:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Kalinka* wrote:

Not sure about what Denisa means, but the CoP says: minimum 3 heel supports taken with a fixation in relevé for each shape. I was wondering about this for a while: many gymnasts put their heel down only two times during the balance, because they generally perform 3 shapes. So the heel is down only after the 1st shape and after the 2nd shape. Confused

I think that in english Cop it's not explained so well!! I read it in the french version and there, it's written in this way: "..reprise d’appui avec la fixation en relevé de chaque forme au minimum 3 fois.." ..so, 3 shapes!!
*Kalinka*

PostPosted: Wed, 4-Jul-2012 16:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anceps wrote:
*Kalinka* wrote:

I think that in english Cop it's not explained so well!! I read it in the french version and there, it's written in this way: "..reprise d’appui avec la fixation en relevé de chaque forme au minimum 3 fois.." ..so, 3 shapes!!

You are right. The English version is very misleading! And the Italian one too. Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Code of Points All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: