Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anna Rizatdinova
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Gymnasts & Groups
View previous topic | View next topic  
Anna Kull

PostPosted: Thu, 24-Dec-2009 12:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am quit sure that wuth her current skills she will have more expression when she is more mature. For some it takes time to get expression and it's normal! I also think that Deriugins are probably the best teachers to improve leaps. I expect her to improve a lot on this skill. Kushnerova improved them a lot during some period as a junior. Godunko also improved them a lot between 2002 and 2008 not to forget Anya's leaps that just amazing...
dalit

PostPosted: Thu, 24-Dec-2009 13:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hershey wrote:
her body proportion has a little problem, her legs are way too short than other girls. and her legs are heavy.

This was cruelter imo..
RGribbonqueen

PostPosted: Thu, 24-Dec-2009 14:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

dalit wrote:
Hershey wrote:
her body proportion has a little problem, her legs are way too short than other girls. and her legs are heavy.

This was cruelter imo..

I dont like it when people asume that if you have short legs then your leaps will be bad. I have short legs, and i dont have low or heavy leaps!
Tom T
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Thu, 24-Dec-2009 19:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anna Kull wrote:
I also think that Deriugins are probably the best teachers to improve leaps. I expect her to improve a lot on this skill...

Yes, Anna! Whew, a major understatement! A little story...
At 2005 San Francisco Invitational, Col. Alan Aärtz was doing video interviews afterward on Sunday evening (a long one with Anna Bessonova). I had brought with me the rare book called, "Ukrainian Rhythmic Gymnastics". We happen to show the book to Albina Deriugina and it seemed she hadn't seen the book before(!). The book traces the history of UKR rhythmic with all the major stars (from the Soviet era up to and including Toma, Natalya and Anna).
There was one quite notable and amazing moment when Albina opened the chapter on Anna Bessonova. At the beginning of the chapter is a full page image of Anna performing a classic split leap (photo by Barny Thierolf). Side note, the photo of Anna was the marque image at EC2004 Kiev. Albina Deriugina stopped in her tracks and studied the photo for a long time. You could see the mind of a great trainer absorbing the photo and studying the technique displayed. Then Albina proceeded (in Russian) to take apart and analyze the split leap's technique point by point. Absolutely every minute detail! I tell you, Albina didn't miss a thing. So Anna, your statement is totally correct. Smile
orangewedge

PostPosted: Fri, 25-Dec-2009 5:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful story, Tom! I guess even Bessonova can't escape the critical eye of Albina Deriugina.

I actually really like Rizatdinova and even though her technique could be improved (as I'm sure it will with time), she has a style that's all her own. I feel like she exudes a kind of "go for it" atittude; she isn't timid on the carpet and has a certain drive to her routines. As to her body proportions, she may not have the super long-legged look, but I don't find her legs heavy at all due to her thin build, and since RG doesn't have a body type requirement (thank goodness or else I would never have been allowed to do RG), then her look works for me!
NeUTRoN_Hr

PostPosted: Fri, 25-Dec-2009 5:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite her "inmature" position right now.... I think she would become better and better...she needs more competitions.....
And ORIGINALS routines....
I think we ALL want to see new ukrainian compositions...
I don´t want to see more Bessonova´s gladiators, conga furys and matrixes....neither Godunkos gypsy themes.....
WE NEED better faces of Ukraine.... Rolling Eyes
orangewedge

PostPosted: Fri, 25-Dec-2009 5:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

NeUTRoN_Hr wrote:
Despite her "inmature" position right now.... I think she would become better and better...she needs more competitions.....
I don´t want to see more Bessonova´s gladiators, conga furys and matrixes....neither Godunkos gypsy themes.....

I would love to see some younger UKR gymnasts with different styles and personality, which is why I hope Rizatdinova can forge her own path and get this trend started. I hope she doesn't become a watered-down version of Bess, as much as I like Anya's style. As someone astutely commented elsewhere, there is only one Bessonova in this world and no amount of copying will produce another gymnast exactly like her. I'm ready to be wowed by UKR again with someone brand new.
RGribbonqueen

PostPosted: Fri, 25-Dec-2009 11:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

orangewedge wrote:
NeUTRoN_Hr wrote:

I would love to see some younger UKR gymnasts with different styles and personality, which is why I hope Rizatdinova can forge her own path and get this trend started. I hope she doesn't become a watered-down version of Bess, as much as I like Anya's style. As someone astutely commented elsewhere, there is only one Bessonova in this world and no amount of copying will produce another gymnast exactly like her. I'm ready to be wowed by UKR again with someone brand new.

Agreed. it is just unoriginal to give a new gymnast with a fresh new style, Anya's recyled music, and the same combinations and elements as Bess, and try and cheograph her routine as a diluted version of Anya's! We need bright new energy for Ukraine Very Happy
suetyee1991

PostPosted: Fri, 25-Dec-2009 18:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

RGribbonqueen wrote:
orangewedge wrote:
NeUTRoN_Hr wrote:

Agreed. it is just unoriginal to give a new gymnast with a fresh new style, Anya's recyled music, and the same combinations and elements as Bess, and try and cheograph her routine as a diluted version of Anya's! We need bright new energy for Ukraine Very Happy

Agree.I hope the Deriuginas will give Rizatdinova a free hand and let her develop her own style, a classical Ukrainian style which should be preserved.
Jonathan

PostPosted: Fri, 25-Dec-2009 21:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally found Rizatdinova far more interesting last year. Remember her beautiful hoop routine or her cool ribbon routine? Although she was already training in Derugina School by that time those routines were clearly composed in Crimea (where she is from) and not by Deruginas. This year she has routines choreographed by Deruginas and they are just re-used pieces of music and routines. Their problem is that they want to monopolise everything in Ukraine. They want to coach the senior and junior individuals, as well as senior and junior groups themselves... is it like that in ANY other team in the world?? They don't want any outside help and are scared that someone else in Ukraine will do to them what they did to other coaches and gymnasts. They simply don't have the ideas or time to create interesting choreographies for all gymnasts (well, nobody would), and that is why Ukrainian RG is slowly going out of the window... Sorry but it's true.
Anna Kull

PostPosted: Fri, 25-Dec-2009 22:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that Rizatinova was more intressting last year. I will never forget that beautiful hoop routine we discovered in Kiev!
latvy6

PostPosted: Sat, 26-Dec-2009 0:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

agreed!!! if the Deriugina's don't realize what they're taking away from these girls...it's time to step down.
orangewedge

PostPosted: Sat, 26-Dec-2009 5:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonathan wrote:
I personally found Rizatdinova far more interesting last year. Remember her beautiful hoop routine or her cool ribbon routine? Although she was already training in Derugina School by that time those routines were clearly composed in Crimea (where she is from) and not by Deruginas..

Oh my goodness, yes, those routines last year were really interesting and I had no idea she was training under the D's during that time! That hoop routine was what really sealed the deal for me with this girl...I saw it and was super impressed. I also like her rope routine from 2007; there's a good vid on youtube from D-cup (originally from rsgvideos.com) and she's quite dynamic in it.
Anna Kull

PostPosted: Sat, 26-Dec-2009 10:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom T wrote:
Anna Kull wrote:
I also think that Deriugins are probably the best teachers to improve leaps. I expect her to improve a lot on this skill...

At 2005 San Francisco Invitational, Col. Alan Aärtz was doing video interviews afterward on Sunday evening (a long one with Anna Bessonova). I had brought with me the rare book called, "Ukrainian Rhythmic Gymnastics". We happen to show the book to Albina Deriugina and it seemed she hadn't seen the book before(!). The book traces the history of UKR rhythmic with all the major stars (from the Soviet era up to and including Toma, Natalya and Anna).
There was one quite notable and amazing moment when Albina opened the chapter on Anna Bessonova. At the beginning of the chapter is a full page image of Anna performing a classic split leap (photo by Barny Thierolf). Side note, the photo of Anna was the marque image at EC2004 Kiev. Albina Deriugina stopped in her tracks and studied the photo for a long time. You could see the mind of a great trainer absorbing the photo and studying the technique displayed. Then Albina proceeded (in Russian) to take apart and analyze the split leap's technique point by point. Absolutely every minute detail! I tell you, Albina didn't miss a thing. So Anna, your statement is totally correct. Smile

Thank's for the story Tom!
suetyee1991

PostPosted: Sat, 26-Dec-2009 13:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom T wrote:
Anna Kull wrote:

Thanks for telling us the story Tom!
Do you know if the book "Ukrainian Rhythmic Gymnastics" is still available in book store? I am really interested in it and I want to buy it!
thanks in advance!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Gymnasts & Groups All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: