Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Off Topic cleanup
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic | View next topic  
cidlover

PostPosted: Sat, 6-Feb-2010 23:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elodie, we all know this was done to make sure that Escalina remains the top poster on RSG.net. Wink
Elodie
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Sun, 7-Feb-2010 0:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

cidlover wrote:
Elodie, we all know this was done to make sure that Escalina remains the top poster on RSG.net. Wink

How can you say a thing like that? You really think that's why we did the clean up?

Youandi would have been our top posted had she posted elsewhere on the forum. But she chose to post half of her 10000 posts in the OT section, and unfortunately others joined in on filling up the pages in several topics. The topics grew so big and it was like people saw it as a competition to post as much as they could.
RGribbonqueen

PostPosted: Sun, 7-Feb-2010 1:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that it is silly to take up so much space with non-rg related posting
The OT section always seems to be the most active, when it makes more sense to get more diccusion in other sections like the gym, ect
cidlover

PostPosted: Sun, 7-Feb-2010 1:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the winking emoticon would have signified that I was joking. I was aware of how clogged the OT section was getting with those threads and it seems a little more orderly now.
Storm
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Sun, 7-Feb-2010 1:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I can be really stupid but I don't get why it has turned out to be a matter of " WHO IS THE BIGGEST POSTER"

I find this idea childish, ridiculos, idiotic and useless.

This is a board of RHYTHMIC GYMNASTIC (hope everyone noticed once in their time here), and so what is the problem to delete some of the messages to re-create the space to do the game again?

All the users would have their game (stupid or not) again, nothing forbidden, nothing changed, we could spare the board to be cramped under TONS of posts, and everyone would be happy.. but NO! the problem is:

1) Escalina to be the main poster

2)OMG my 5000 posts will disappear and I'd be a poor user not going for the crown of "The biggest poster"

I thought, crazily, we were here for RG not for awards based on the number of posts. But HOW MUCH you write seems pretty more powerful and meaningful than WHAT you write..

Good to know.

p.s. Escalina's posts are so many cause she is one of the few that always upload videos and photos. There are different ways to accumulate posts. I don't feel like blaming this one.
beinyIcobby

PostPosted: Sun, 7-Feb-2010 6:03    Post subject: Off Topic cleanup Reply with quote

Every now and then theres nothing to reply to here on the forums, so heres a topic where you can say anything, talk to anyone and get OFF-TOPIC.

Whats up everyone? Whatya doing?
Youandi

PostPosted: Sun, 7-Feb-2010 9:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Storm wrote:

2)OMG my 5000 posts will disappear and I'd be a poor user not going for the crown of "The biggest poster"

Storm that really hit me, i've been working on that for a couple months every day to archieve that, and i was happy to be for a few hours the person with the most posts.
And then after a few hours 5,500 posts dissapear makes me a little angry because i worked so hard on it.

Now i'm a little afraid to post in the off topic anymore because it would get deleted anyway
Youandi

PostPosted: Sun, 7-Feb-2010 9:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elodie wrote:
Youandi wrote:
But can you moderators not lock those and move them somewhere else instead of deleting those all ?

We aren't going to keep the 100 page topics because they take up unnecessary space.

and what about all those other topics in the off topic, they're made like 6/7 years ago (plus the multiple merry christmas topics) and never used
charleslch

PostPosted: Sun, 7-Feb-2010 9:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Youandi wrote:
Storm that really hit me, i've been working on that for a couple months every day to archieve that, and i was happy to be for a few hours the person with the most posts.
And then after a few hours 5,500 posts dissapear makes me a little angry because i worked so hard on it.

Now i'm a little afraid to post in the off topic anymore because it would get deleted anyway

As the moderators had already mentioned that this is an RG Forum, so it would make more sense to post in RG-related topics.. I know this is Off Topic where you can post anything you want Wink

About the "biggest poster" thing, I have an ultimate suggestion for the moderators, what about deleting the options "Top Ten Posters" and " Total posts" in the Memberlist? That way, there's no more "so-called" "Top Poster" in the forum...

It's clear that there isn't a trophy for being the top ten poster, there isn't a gold medal for that, not to mention a car or a house or a certificate... so there are no logical reasons for being the top poster. I don't think that "happiness" is a sensible reason for being a top poster.. If you share what you have or get what you want from others, you can also be happy Wink

If not, the moderators'd better delete the whole Off Topic section (just kidding!)

My words are not meant to offend anyone, if you feel that you're offenced, send me a PM and I'll apologize.

Cheers! Wink

Last update: 03/09/2012
Youandi

PostPosted: Sun, 7-Feb-2010 9:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

i could rather go away because no one is letting me having fun anymore
Elodie
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Sun, 7-Feb-2010 10:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

To Youandi:

Is that why log in every day, just to collect posts? Sorry if you think I'm harsh, but I don't understand why it is so important to be the biggest posters. Why don't you continue posting in the other topics like you do and help there sharing videos, pictures, valuable information and so on. Why is it the off topic so important to you? I'm just trying to understand you.

And about the other old 100 page topics, we'll get them as well.
Youandi

PostPosted: Sun, 7-Feb-2010 10:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats not the reason i log in every single day, ofcourse not.
To be honest it wasn't quite important but the fact is that i was a little angry because i worked so hard on that amount of posts and poof gone.

Offtopic is important to me because i have fun there with those games Wink and it seems now that it will be taken away from me (in my eyes it is)

I hope its clear to you now
Youandi

PostPosted: Sun, 7-Feb-2010 10:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

And that it would be taken away from me, it wouldn't be so fun anymore.
Thats why i'm trying to get you guys so far to leave those. but i see its not quite working
Kata

PostPosted: Sun, 7-Feb-2010 10:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I'm glad some of these topics are gone. What's the point of the What is the time... and What weather... ect. topics?

http://www.youtube.com/skata524
http://www.youtube.com/hungariangymnasts
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Youandi

PostPosted: Sun, 7-Feb-2010 10:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

because in all countries the weather can be different ? and with the time, the timezones ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Off Topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: