Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Current status of the board and inner problems
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic | View next topic  
rg4life

PostPosted: Sat, 14-Aug-2010 13:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Storm wrote:
the huge problem I see is that we are slowly dying cause a lot of valuable members leave or don't post anymore.

+1
Janita

PostPosted: Sat, 14-Aug-2010 15:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

rg4life wrote:
Storm wrote:
the huge problem I see is that we are slowly dying cause a lot of valuable members leave or don't post anymore.

+1

imo the valuable members don't post information, pics, videos (or a lot less) is because some users write all the time "thank you dear", "no problem dear". I mean, it's fine to write this once, but not like 10 times a day. Because of this i've also stopped reading a lot of topics because that's the only thing we can read nowadays!
akika10

PostPosted: Sun, 15-Aug-2010 0:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Storm wrote:

.Second, there are a lot of things to do we all know, but it's not the preminent problem. We are not full time cleaners, so we do as much as possible.
(btw, registering problems and banning are different things and doesn't seem to me they grow madly every day.)

I know. I forgot to add that I know it's not your full time job and I'm not trying to be too picky or demanding.

Thank you for the information on how to use the search button better! Very Happy Kiss Cheek
akika10

PostPosted: Sun, 15-Aug-2010 0:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the thank you thing-

I think we could all compromise and delete our 'thank yous' once in a while but we should still be allowed to say it. Personally, I just feel better saying 'thank you' for a favour or a compliment but I dont mind deleteing mine and I will try to do so now...... Wink
Gabby

PostPosted: Sun, 15-Aug-2010 4:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janita wrote:
rg4life wrote:
Storm wrote:

+1

imo the valuable members don't post information, pics, videos (or a lot less) is because some users write all the time "thank you dear", "no problem dear". I mean, it's fine to write this once, but not like 10 times a day. Because of this i've also stopped reading a lot of topics because that's the only thing we can read nowadays

+1 ... it's really annoying to see that no more than 5 people keep on posting in EVERY topic, I think it's ok to say thanks to the person who upload videos/music/etc (it takes time and effort to do so), but sometimes most of the threads are like "chats" between these 5 persons.... some of them ALWAYS post a comment after any member leave a comment Confused On Wall Bash and NOT even a comment with some kind of input to the conversation, just a silly word/phrase to increse their posts count On Wall Bash ... Personally I've lost like 95% of my interest in the forum Sad ... it really amazes me how much this place changed since a few people started this crazy race for being the top poster Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
I'm not trying to offend/upset anyone, but I think this is very clear to all of us.... Crying or Very sad
Storm
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Sun, 15-Aug-2010 4:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes I back you up totally. I also skip through the topics, since I'm not interested anymore in discussions ending with some users post.
I open only discussion where someone else posted.

The level of arguments has dropped so tragically that now seeing comments to competitions or videos is only a matter of "beautiful routine, how nicely she performed, she is graceful here and powerful there"...
I'd like to read serious and critical comment by people who knows what they are talking about and who can entertain us seriously.
Users like Kaja, Upy, Serpent dream, etc etc etc

Tahnee topic about analysis has been one of the most interesting in much time for example.

The current status of the board is one of the reasons I stopped doing walls as much as before.. look even at Shebale etc etc. We all stopped posting.

If anyone has a solution I'm wide open to hear of it.
Gabby

PostPosted: Sun, 15-Aug-2010 4:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

well it is very clear to me that all this mess is caused by the "race to be the top poster"..... soooo, is there any way to make private the post count of every member??.... I guess its impossible to delete this info??... and in the memberlist section: is it possible to eliminate the "total post" or "top ten posters" .... In my opinion, this would be the only way to get things back to normal, or the way they were before, if no one can see the total post of every user, I guess the members interested in "accumulate" posts will lose their interest in making unnecessary comments???....

(sorry for the bad english/redaction, is very late and I should be sleeping)
viddy

PostPosted: Sun, 15-Aug-2010 4:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the reason I don't analyze routines or give constructive criticism is because all it use to do in the past 8 years was start or continue fights. I don't have the energy to listen to people complain after the work of breaking down movements, routines, and analysis. Perhaps the life of the forum is a little slow these days but no one is insulting each other either like people have done in the past...
akika10

PostPosted: Sun, 15-Aug-2010 5:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was never aware of the race to be the top poster...... that just seems stupid to me but when people leave posts about how graceful a routine was, they may have been just stating their opinion.
And again, not everyone knows the COP front to back so to say that they should know what they're talking about seems a little unfair......
Janita

PostPosted: Sun, 15-Aug-2010 8:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

akika, not everybody knows the top. And not everybody should give judges opinion to routines. But if you read the topics .... you'll know what Gabby means. It's too much side information.
Storm
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Sun, 15-Aug-2010 13:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fine with the comments about nice routines and lovely performances, but can you feel that behind these words there's nothing more? is a matter of she did good IMO, or not.

If we had even comments about what should have been done in this and that way etc, the tickness of the discussion would be 100 times more entertaining.
I 'd like people that, lucky for them, could contribute in this way, along with the normal people like us that can watch with a little less notion.
Elodie
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Tue, 17-Aug-2010 9:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gabby wrote:
+1 ... it's really annoying to see that no more than 5 people keep on posting in EVERY topic, I think it's ok to say thanks to the person who upload videos/music/etc (it takes time and effort to do so), but sometimes most of the threads are like "chats" between these 5 persons.... some of them ALWAYS post a comment after any member leave a comment Confused On Wall Bash and NOT even a comment with some kind of input to the conversation, just a silly word/phrase to increse their posts count On Wall Bash ... Personally I've lost like 95% of my interest in the forum Sad ... it really amazes me how much this place changed since a few people started this crazy race for being the top poster Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
I'm not trying to offend/upset anyone, but I think this is very clear to all of us.... Crying or Very sad

That's how I feel also. This forum has changed soooo much and I miss the old forum. I read less and less here because it's just the same group of people who comment and I have (sorry to say) no interest in reading their comments. I hope we can get this forum back to being an interesting forum, because right now it isn't. And I hope the people who have left or don't post anymore will come back and post again.
cidlover

PostPosted: Tue, 17-Aug-2010 16:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the race for the top is the problem. Posters who want to have the most posts can just post useless things in the off-topic section (although I find the OT section to be incredibly dull and useless, even by OT standards). Useless posts in the regular sections probably aren't posted just to bring up the post-count.

The combination of waning interest in the forum (and maybe RG itself) along with responsibilities in real life (i.e. these posters are or have become adults) has caused a loss in many valued members. Thus, much of the quality of the discussion has gone downhill.

I haven't really looked around here in a while, so I can't really give any contribution as to how people can help make this forum more interesting and insightful.
charleslch

PostPosted: Wed, 18-Aug-2010 9:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
some users write all the time "thank you dear", "no problem dear". I mean, it's fine to write this once, but not like 10 times a day.

I agree with "thank you dear" but what's wrong with saying "no problem" in reply to the "thank you"s people receive from others? The concept is, without "thank you"s, there aren't "no problem"s or "you're welcome"s.
Saying that people should write less "no problem" would mean that people should seldom, if not never, say thank you to those who provide useful information and upload stuff. And with this, fewer and fewer people will be contributing because after all they just provide stuff like robots... (feeling disappointed)

And by mentioning these tiny feedback words, all of a sudden the "top poster" thing comes back?? "off topic" is imo more related to this.

Best regards,

uploader
akika10

PostPosted: Wed, 18-Aug-2010 15:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do the mods want us to thank people through pm?......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » RSG.net All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: