Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sad news - Patrick Tower - Cross Posting
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic | View next topic  
rsgmann

PostPosted: Sat, 29-Jan-2011 18:28    Post subject: Sad news - Patrick Tower - Cross Posting Reply with quote

Dear friends it's with heavy heart and deep loss that I report on the sudden passing of photographer Patrick Tower!. Sorry to post this here but I felt it was to important not to do so. I spoke via phone to Patrick's wife and she confirmed he suddenly passed last night for unknown reasons. Please take a moment and say something for Patrick in your own ways. I expressed to his wife all "OUR" support as a community, that if she needs anything to please post it on his FB page to let us know.

PS to the moderators this is to important and I do understand about cross referencing posts. I think this importance goes beyond that in this case.

Sincerely, Alan and Families
Masha Angeleeva

PostPosted: Sat, 29-Jan-2011 18:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read on Patrick's fb he passed away, and came here loojing for more info. It's so hard to believe! And they don't know what happened yet????
I am really sorry for this loss, I met Patrick at some competitions and he was nice and polite! And a great photographer!

UKR rules! Go Anya! Smile
Youandi

PostPosted: Sat, 29-Jan-2011 18:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad this is so sad!
I had to read it over and over again because i couldn't believe it!

R.I.P. Patrick Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Randy

PostPosted: Sat, 29-Jan-2011 19:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very sad indeed. - Patrick died around 3 AM Friday morning from an apparent heart attack. I had known Patrick for about 10 yrs. He will be missed by all.

I also made a small post on Rhythmicmom.com http://www.rhythmicmom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2077
Guillermo
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Sat, 29-Jan-2011 20:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was one of the first moderators in this and the past RSG forum, as well as probably one of the best RSG photogs ever and a great person.

He will be deeply missed and our thoughts and prayers are with his wife and family.

Rest in peace, Patrick.
Prescilla

PostPosted: Sat, 29-Jan-2011 22:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

....very sad news.....condolences to his family and friends.....Rest in peace, Patrick...
Justin

PostPosted: Sat, 29-Jan-2011 23:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my God, I'm so sad and so sorry to read this news. To think I finally met him after ten years in Rotterdam, during the last WCh MAG/WAG, where we were colleagues... Prior to that, I only met him in Deventer 2000 for a brief moment...

Rest in peace Patrick!
Valeryia

PostPosted: Sun, 30-Jan-2011 2:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocking news Sad Rest in peace, Patrick.
Tom T
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Sun, 30-Jan-2011 16:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is so hard to write about my friend and colleague...

We met at 1998 Goodwill Games New York. I remember this young guy and well we just kind of gravitated to each other and realized we were all about the same things. Immediately we became close friends and shared info, gear, were hotel roommates many times...worked side by side lotta major events.

We were competitive as all get out (all the RG photogs are)...but had so much respect for each other that it by-passed the competition and we were always good pals...I mean always. We had constant long chats on ICQ and later on FB. We talked constantly about camera gear, events, gymnasts...sold major lens to each other...borrowed, shared, roommated, you get the idea. It was a very close relationship...we referred work to each other constantly here in the USA. Even the day before Patrick passed, I wrote him of upcoming events and gave his name to organizers. Last summer there was an international event near to Patrick's home in Illinois and I wanted so much to see him there and meet his new wife Ingrith...but the organizer didn't invite him! I couldn't believe! I showed up hoping Patrick would come anyway to sit in spectator seats. Then when I realized I had a broken lens on unpacking my camera bag...it was too much for me and I just left the arena. Patrick was perfect gentleman about it afterward (I mean perfect!)...but I took it really hard what happened. Even at this event am at now (Montreal WC), I wanted Patrick to be here...

Whew, you remember little things about a person... Patrick's laugh, his humor... Working next to Patrick at the Deriugina Cup and Tamara Yerofeeva's gala is just beginning and I am messing with getting a lens setup on my camera. Patrick is next to me and knows I am missing a major performer. Toma begins...I am still not ready and finally Patrick yells to me---"Tom...it's TAMARA!!!"
At 2004 Athens Olympics, Patrick scored big to get the EP press card. We both wanted that card so much and Patrick was there at side of the carpet. No matter, we both got plenty of photos. I think it was the last time I was with Patick in person (edit: 2008 LA Lights)... Afterward at Athens we met for dinner at a kebob place near a major Greek temple site by Thesio metro. Was an absolute golden evening, the best time together.

Yesterday, somehow I managed to write the entry for gymmedia. I did it kind of on autopilot...but I tell you it was so hard to write that report fast and leave out my emotions. Here I can say my feelings and how good a friend he was to me. I will always remember Patrick, I mean always. When I do something in Adobe Photoshop to an image...I will remember a particular adjustment technique Patrick showed me that I use everyday and on every image. That's how often I will remember him. Thank you so much Patrick. See you someday, matey! Tom

Last edited by Tom T on Sun, 30-Jan-2011 17:43; edited 1 time in total
xSleepingAwakex

PostPosted: Sun, 30-Jan-2011 16:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's so sad Blub

Rest in Peace [*]
coolmadgick

PostPosted: Sun, 30-Jan-2011 19:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've no word...All my support to his family....

RIP
Laughs and smiles

PostPosted: Sun, 30-Jan-2011 23:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

I cant believe it!! We were exchanging posts in FB not so long ago and it seemed that he was going to go back to RG events...

I knew Patrick through this forum (the old one!); just a couple of PMs exchanged from 1998 or 1999 (if my memory serves me right.)... He only knew me through my nickname and he also knew that I was a fan of his old gymages page, something that I reiterated to him a couple of times...

His pictures were amazing... I'm saddened by the loss of such great talent at such an early age...

My deepest condolences to Patrick's family. May he rest in peace and may God take him under his wing...
Laughs and smiles

PostPosted: Sun, 30-Jan-2011 23:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom T wrote:
This is so hard to write about my friend and colleague...

We met at 1998 Goodwill Games New York. I remember this young guy and well we just kind of gravitated to each other and realized we were all about the same things. Immediately we became close friends and shared info, gear, were hotel roommates many times...worked side by side lotta major events.

We were competitive as all get out (all the RG photogs are)...but had so much respect for each other that it by-passed the competition and we were always good pals...I mean always. We had constant long chats on ICQ and later on FB. We talked constantly about camera gear, events, gymnasts...sold major lens to each other...borrowed, shared, roommated, you get the idea. It was a very close relationship...we referred work to each other constantly here in the USA. Even the day before Patrick passed, I wrote him of upcoming events and gave his name to organizers. Last summer there was an international event near to Patrick's home in Illinois and I wanted so much to see him there and meet his new wife Ingrith...but the organizer didn't invite him! I couldn't believe! I showed up hoping Patrick would come anyway to sit in spectator seats. Then when I realized I had a broken lens on unpacking my camera bag...it was too much for me and I just left the arena. Patrick was perfect gentleman about it afterward (I mean perfect!)...but I took it really hard what happened. Even at this event am at now (Montreal WC), I wanted Patrick to be here...

Whew, you remember little things about a person... Patrick's laugh, his humor... Working next to Patrick at the Deriugina Cup and Tamara Yerofeeva's gala is just beginning and I am messing with getting a lens setup on my camera. Patrick is next to me and knows I am missing a major performer. Toma begins...I am still not ready and finally Patrick yells to me---"Tom...it's TAMARA!!!"
At 2004 Athens Olympics, Patrick scored big to get the EP press card. We both wanted that card so much and Patrick was there at side of the carpet. No matter, we both got plenty of photos. I think it was the last time I was with Patick in person (edit: 2008 LA Lights)... Afterward at Athens we met for dinner at a kebob place near a major Greek temple site by Thesio metro. Was an absolute golden evening, the best time together.

Yesterday, somehow I managed to write the entry for gymmedia. I did it kind of on autopilot...but I tell you it was so hard to write that report fast and leave out my emotions. Here I can say my feelings and how good a friend he was to me. I will always remember Patrick, I mean always. When I do something in Adobe Photoshop to an image...I will remember a particular adjustment technique Patrick showed me that I use everyday and on every image. That's how often I will remember him. Thank you so much Patrick. See you someday, matey! Tom

Very touching, Tom, thanks for sharing

I know he was hoping to get to Montpellier with Ingrith (he said through FB)... It would have been wonderful to have both of you there...
Tahnee
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Mon, 31-Jan-2011 0:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gymages was the first RG photo page I discovered, back around 2002... Can't believe he's gone, especially when you read FB posts he wrote only a few days Sad

Deepest sympathy to his wife, and all those that were close to him - the RG community has lost a much respected member...
Anna Kull

PostPosted: Mon, 31-Jan-2011 9:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

You did great writing this Tom!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » The Gym All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: