Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

new to RG, just a couple of very basic questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Code of Points
View previous topic | View next topic  
J97820

PostPosted: Thu, 17-Feb-2011 23:35    Post subject: new to RG, just a couple of very basic questions Reply with quote

Hi there! New to RG but fairly familiar with Artistic gymnastics. Just had a couple questions that have been bugging me because simply I just don't know. If anybody could help me out that would be great!

1. What exactly is the artistic score? For example, how can I by watching a performance know an artistic deduction when its there?

2. Why does Russia always win? Are they really that much better or are there some subjective bias going on here?

3. In groups, are there judges watching one specific girl or are the judges watching everything, thereby possible to miss a mistake?

Again, pretty simple questions if anybody would like to respond!
Youandi

PostPosted: Fri, 18-Feb-2011 8:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

For question 2: ask Viner, she knows it !
rglove22

PostPosted: Fri, 18-Feb-2011 10:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the artistic score represents the artistry displayed byt he gymnast in expression and in the physical movements she does which are written down on the score sheets. for example, if a girl does not complete a roll of the ball that she has written down in artistry value then she will not get credit.

russia doesn't always win. in the past it has been bulgaria and spain and belarussians, etc. However, recently yes it seems like Russia wins everything. I believe its a matter of opinion this question. I personally believe they win because they perform better and 90% of the time deserve their places. Russia takes rhythmic gymnastics very seriously. Irina Viner makes sure to find the best of the best girls and the best of the best coaches and facilities for her girls. So this is probably why they are always on top.

in group there are judges for separate things just like in individual. there are judges for D1, D2, Artistry, Execution...
They look for those specific things. And look at one girl or the whole group depending on who is performing the actions. Execution judges though I suppose look at the whoel Group generally. But again, they just look for the things they specifically need to look for.
For example, judge has to look for Balance X, will watch all gymnasts complete Balance X. if all the gymnasts did the balance correctly then... if the judge sees that maybe one or more gymnasts does not have the proper shape or did not hold it long enough then will mark that it is not counted.

does this information help?

Kabaeva forever!!
Tahnee
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Fri, 18-Feb-2011 15:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Handling bonuses are not part of the artistry score! - They are D2. Artistry judges are given the same small sheet for each gymnast which lists all the possible deductions, including:

- lack of expressive movements (up to 0.5)
- movements not matching speed/intensity/rhythm of the music (0.1 every time)
- lack of variety in the apparatus handling
- lack of variety in the bodywork
- use of the floor areas, levels
- lack of variety within the throws (different types, directions, heights etc)

among numerous other deductions.
J97820

PostPosted: Sun, 20-Feb-2011 20:50    Post subject: thank you Reply with quote

Thank you very much, especially for the artistic scores/deductions. I will keep an eye out for it, and keep watching and enjoying rhythmic gymnastics! Thanks so much
xSleepingAwakex

PostPosted: Sun, 20-Feb-2011 21:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tahnee wrote:
Handling bonuses are not part of the artistry score! - They are D2. Artistry judges are given the same small sheet for each gymnast which lists all the possible deductions, including:

- lack of expressive movements (up to 0.5)
- movements not matching speed/intensity/rhythm of the music (0.1 every time)
- lack of variety in the apparatus handling
- lack of variety in the bodywork
- use of the floor areas, levels
- lack of variety within the throws (different types, directions, heights etc)

among numerous other deductions.

thanks a lot for explaining Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Code of Points All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: