Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Patricia Bezzoubenko (Canada junior)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Gymnasts & Groups
View previous topic | View next topic  
jaanku

PostPosted: Tue, 4-Sep-2012 14:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patricia won 3 Gold medals at the Junior Panamerican Championships in Cordoba, Argentina this weekend.

Gold AA, Silver Hoop, Silver Ball, Gold Clubs, Gold Ribbon!!

Team Canad took Silver for team award losing Gold to Brazil. If Canada had their higher level athletes for individual then they could have easiy taken the Gold for team. Carmen did only 2 routines and scored higher then Kaylie, Lisa did 2 routines - why?? She is not a strong athlete it makes you wonder what GCG is doing??? Why would they send such weak gilr there? There are so many 97 & 98 athletes that are so good. If the US sent their Individual I think Canada would have only made Bronze for Team with that combination of gymnasts. Wake up GCG you really need to send your strongest athletes to these types of competitions. Disappointing for sure but that is only my opinion.
Janna

PostPosted: Thu, 6-Sep-2012 20:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

"There are so many 97 & 98 athletes that are so good." Who are you referring to? Why haven't we seen them at the Nationals?
Canada had sent the best junior gymnasts at the moment (I am sorry for H. Parry though. Something must have happened).
Olwen

PostPosted: Fri, 7-Sep-2012 6:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

[b]Team Canad took Silver for team award losing Gold to Brazil. If Canada had their higher level athletes for individual then they could have easiy taken the Gold for team. Carmen did only 2 routines and scored higher then Kaylie, Lisa did 2 routines - why?? She is not a strong athlete it makes you wonder what GCG is doing??? Why would they send such weak gilr there? There are so many 97 & 98 athletes that are so good. If the US sent their Individual I think Canada would have only made Bronze for Team with that combination of gymnasts. Wake up GCG you really need to send your strongest athletes to these types of competitions. Disappointing for sure but that is only my opinion.[/quote][/b]

Other than Patricia, how do you know whether or not other higher ranked junior gymnasts were not asked first and for whatever reason declined attendance before blaming the federation? Perhaps some of them have either quit, are injured, or could not attend for other reasons? Canada had been sending a junior Kiah Ward to competitions internationally as number 2- anyone know where she was?
Janna

PostPosted: Fri, 7-Sep-2012 21:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiah Ward , unfortunately, quit before the Nationals due to an injury.
Olwen

PostPosted: Sat, 8-Sep-2012 4:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's too bad. Must have been a bad injury to have to quit!
jaanku

PostPosted: Sat, 22-Sep-2012 21:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janna wrote:
"There are so many 97 & 98 athletes that are so good." Who are you referring to? Why haven't we seen them at the Nationals?
Canada had sent the best junior gymnasts at the moment (I am sorry for H. Parry though. Something must have happened).

You have - did you go to Elite Canada?
jaanku

PostPosted: Sat, 22-Sep-2012 22:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olwen wrote:
Team Canad took Silver for team award losing Gold to Brazil. If Canada had their higher level athletes for individual then they could have easiy taken the Gold for team. Carmen did only 2 routines and scored higher then Kaylie, Lisa did 2 routines - why?? She is not a strong athlete it makes you wonder what GCG is doing??? Why would they send such weak gilr there? There are so many 97 & 98 athletes that are so good. If the US sent their Individual I think Canada would have only made Bronze for Team with that combination of gymnasts. Wake up GCG you really need to send your strongest athletes to these types of competitions. Disappointing for sure but that is only my opinion.

Other than Patricia, how do you know whether or not other higher ranked junior gymnasts were not asked first and for whatever reason declined attendance before blaming the federation? Perhaps some of them have either quit, are injured, or could not attend for other reasons? Canada had been sending a junior Kiah Ward to competitions internationally as number 2- anyone know where she was?[/quote]

There are girls that ranked higher at Elite Canada ; Ward 2nd, Fomina 3rd, Parry 4th, KorjusParker 6th and Milciute 7th that would have been stronger then Kaylie 8th and Lisa 11th (at Elite Canada). http://score2u.com/RankReport.aspx?event=2012ECB&relEvent=2012ECA

The rankings are not benificial to Canada since they use a formula which doesn't allow for our best to represent if an athlete is injured at CICs or Nationals. Elite Canada 35%, CICs or Nationals 65% and if you are injured they take the Elite Canada score minus 5% (why??).
I like Lisa and Kaylie as athletes but they made alot of mistakes if you watch all videos from EC, CICs and Jr Panams, so I just think they aren't ready to be sent to such competitions. This is a blog so I think I am allowed to voice my opinion.
Kiah injured her growth plate and it takes along time to heal. She quit because she reached all her goals in RG. She would be left to fight for Bronze since she is Canadian trained and their is another girls in Quebec that was brought in from Russia leaving the 2 Russians to fight for Gold and Silver.
Olwen

PostPosted: Sun, 23-Sep-2012 1:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course it is acceptable to give your opinion! I always voice mine too! Curious, who is another Russian trained junior? Had she competed yet, or this just happened? Thanks!
jaanku

PostPosted: Sun, 23-Sep-2012 16:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olwen wrote:
Of course it is acceptable to give your opinion! I always voice mine too! Curious, who is another Russian trained junior? Had she competed yet, or this just happened? Thanks!

Diana(?) she is in Quebec and getting her citizenship. you can probablyfind her in an invitatioanal somewhere .... alot of Seniors quit as well so it will be interesting to see how Canada does internationally next year.
Anna Kull

PostPosted: Tue, 25-Sep-2012 12:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who are the Canadian seniors who stopp after this season then?
jaanku

PostPosted: Tue, 25-Sep-2012 13:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anna Kull wrote:
Who are the Canadian seniors who stopp after this season then?

Maria Kitkarska, Nerissa Mo, Jessica Ho, Kelsey Titmarsh, Rose Cossar, Anastassia Muntyanu, Alexandra Landry, Kiah Ward, Alexandra Fomina
Anna Kull

PostPosted: Tue, 25-Sep-2012 14:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wh Nerissa Mo an Jessica Ho - they are still sooo young - I remember thing them at No LImits long time agao when they were still prejuniors or even younger and now they retire already - doesn't make me younger Blub
Janna

PostPosted: Tue, 25-Sep-2012 21:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

For your information, M. Kitkarska is still training. Let's not be irresponsible and give false information about things we don't know!
Janna

PostPosted: Tue, 25-Sep-2012 22:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to clarify things. I believe we should stop attacking GCG. This time (at least) they made the best decision for Canada and sent the best athletes for the moment.

Concerning Elite Canada, this is not the decisive competition for Jun. Panam. Games.
Quote:
There are girls that ranked higher at Elite Canada ; Ward 2nd, Fomina 3rd, Parry 4th, KorjusParker 6th and Milciute 7th that would have been stronger then Kaylie 8th and Lisa 11th
Ward -quit before Nationals
Fomina- quit before Nationals
Parry - didn't go to PanAm due to sickness
Korjus-Parker - did not participate at Nationals
So, how can you count on athletes who did not even finish the year or were inconsistent to go to PanAm Games?

Maybe Kaylie and Lisa are young and inexperienced but at least they were the most consistent (together with Carmen ,based on the scores from Elite and Nats) throughout the year. Again, please, let's be responsible and base our messages on facts.
jaanku

PostPosted: Wed, 26-Sep-2012 14:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janna wrote:
I just want to clarify things. I believe we should stop attacking GCG. This time (at least) they made the best decision for Canada and sent the best athletes for the moment.

Concerning Elite Canada, this is not the decisive competition for Jun. Panam. Games.
Quote:
There are girls that ranked higher at Elite Canada ; Ward 2nd, Fomina 3rd, Parry 4th, KorjusParker 6th and Milciute 7th that would have been stronger then Kaylie 8th and Lisa 11th
Ward -quit before Nationals
Fomina- quit before Nationals
Parry - didn't go to PanAm due to sickness
Korjus-Parker - did not participate at Nationals
So, how can you count on athletes who did not even finish the year or were inconsistent to go to PanAm Games?

Maybe Kaylie and Lisa are young and inexperienced but at least they were the most consistent (together with Carmen ,based on the scores from Elite and Nats) throughout the year. Again, please, let's be responsible and base our messages on facts.

I am looking at consistency, I was also supporting my comments with facts because if the calculation of the team was fare to all our hard working, dedicated athletes then the strongest would have gone to Jr Panams and in future to Interenational competitions. If you look at footage it that supports what I said enough but thanks for your input. Huh should not have been allowed to go at all based on your response Milciute should have been on the carpet. And I stand by my Choi comment based on footage of the Jr Panams.

Who do we "blame" then if not GCG?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Gymnasts & Groups All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: