Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Facebook links issue

View previous topic | View next topic  
Storm
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Sat, 19-Mar-2011 7:51    Post subject: Facebook links issue Reply with quote

Ok, since it seems there are different opinions, I decided to open a topic for it.
I thought there was one already but couldn't find it, ups!

So
my personal opinion on FB links:

if it's a link to a PROFILE, publicy visible to ANYONE, you can disagree with the user for putting it, but that stays YOUR OPINION.
If they want a private life, they can screw FB then.
there is no rule, and won't be, that forbids to put a FB link.
FB is NOT PRIVATE, and if a gymnast wants to protect herself I'm sure she will do it.

Another matter are the photos that a gymnasts put on her profile, and that you can see ONLY if you're accepted as her friend. that is breaking a barrier the gymnast herself put on FB, so THAT is WRONG.
You could put them just if you have the ok from her.

Sometimes i've the impression people thinks about the gymnasts like they knew ONLY about RG. But they have lifes outside the gym contest, so acting like their lawyers, overprotecting them like they were made of paper, it's ridiculous.

They have the same rights to be well treated as anyone else has here. But here it ends.

Of course, there are exceptions: like porting Fb links everywhere, all the time, or getting far too obsessed with them etc, but I don't think here we have ever had this problem.

Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » RSG.net All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: