Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

validation of the floor criteria

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Code of Points
View previous topic | View next topic  
zevaness

PostPosted: Thu, 23-Feb-2012 12:54    Post subject: validation of the floor criteria Reply with quote

Hi everybody ! Very Happy
I have a little question :

One of the french federations (we have several in France) suddently decided to stop validate the floor criteria unless it is done, as the criteria description says (COP p 53) :
  • During a large roll of the apparatus over the body
  • During a passing through or over the apparatus
  • During ample movement of the trunk with technical movements of the apparatus

And that's all.

So, no more throw or catch on the floor, even if it's in a risk.
Rolling Eyes

I agree this is written in the COP for years, but I thought nobody cared of it ! (or at least, none of the other french federations, and I don't think in international competitions either...)

In the summary table for mastery with apparatus (55-57), only one cell in the "floor" column specifies below the "0.1" : "Large body circumduction" (on the line for "handling", "unstable balance", etc.). The other cells only contain "0.1", like "0.1 given without any condition" Laughing lol

And more, the COP gives as a criteria "catch on the floor" in the risks table (p 58 ) :
"other criteria foreseen in the Mastery with catch (ex: catch without hands, on the floor, etc.)" followed by an example of a risk with the floor criteria in it.

So this is clearly contradictory... unless it implies the "catch on the floor" is made with an "ample movement of the trunk" but I would be curious to see that in a routine... Mr. Green

Does someone in the FIG ever clarified this point ? Is there an FIG letter which does ?

Thanks for advance Very Happy
Tahnee
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Fri, 24-Feb-2012 13:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have looked through my COP and all the notes/errata/clarifications I have, and I have found nothing that clearly states that you can't claim catch on the floor, unless you have ample movement of the trunk. However, when they talk about using the on the floor symbol, it does say in my notes that it can only be used in the 3 points you mentioned below.

Strange one. ..
zevaness

PostPosted: Fri, 24-Feb-2012 18:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the COP contradicts itself Laughing
Thanks anyway for your researchs Kiss Cheek
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Code of Points All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: