Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2015 Worlds in Stuttgart, Germany
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Events & Results
View previous topic | View next topic  
Gergely

PostPosted: Thu, 17-Sep-2015 12:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

maksymehappy wrote:
Maybe the Deriugina school training favours body element over handling practice too much. After all, we've all marvelled over (G)anna and Vika's body element form. It can't be a coincidence that the two people with the quality of those body elements are from the same team. The criticism is usually the handling isn't up to the level of RUS for the former, and the latter tends to bungle it somewhere in competition. Under pressure it tends to be the things least learnt that do not go according to plan.
Maybe the Deriugina school just needs an injection of new methods and new ideas.

That's how I see it, too. They have obvious major strengths to build upon, but as you say, fresh methods and ideas would be probably welcome.
yussupovafan

PostPosted: Sat, 19-Sep-2015 15:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure if the Deriugina prefer body element over handling as in the time of Bessonova and Godunko specially, their handling are relatively well in relation to their competitors. Even Maksymenko I would say has very nice handling (See her hoop routine, amazing!!!!!)

Anyway, I think what they should do first is to accept diversity of Ukraine gymnast and be as inclusive as possible in term of national team rather than only give a chance to gymnasts and coachs of Deriugina school.

Also it seems that their junior program is not as strong as senior program, In the past there are many gymnasts of Ukraine that is not quite successful in junior compare to when they are directly trained by the Deriugina in senior. Thus it take more time for Ukrianian gymnasts to break through. However, Russia and Belarus often have a star junior gymnasts who then become star senior gymnasts in a short time.
Gergely

PostPosted: Sat, 19-Sep-2015 18:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

yussupovafan wrote:

Anyway, I think what they should do first is to accept diversity of Ukraine gymnast and be as inclusive as possible in term of national team rather than only give a chance to gymnasts and coachs of Deriugina school.

There it is! I think the same as well.
Gergely

PostPosted: Sat, 19-Sep-2015 18:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Predictably, Yana is out for the season after the Worlds. She gets her ankle checked in Munich.

I've heard during the Worlds that the inflammation and the ankle pains are caused by growth problems, now it's confirmed. She's grown a lot, and of course it's a challenge - I hope she'll be all right.

Now, it's total rest for her for some time.

Well, she deserves it.
Valeryia

PostPosted: Sat, 19-Sep-2015 18:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Japan's coach is Inna Bystrova. She was the coach of Russian Junior Champions in YOG, European Junior Champions (Vienna 2013, Minsk 2011).
maksymehappy

PostPosted: Sat, 19-Sep-2015 20:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

yussupovafan wrote:
I am not sure if the Deriugina prefer body element over handling as in the time of Bessonova and Godunko specially, their handling are relatively well in relation to their competitors. Even Maksymenko I would say has very nice handling (See her hoop routine, amazing!!!!!)

But now the Deriugina dynasty is at the third generation with Ireesha from a background in dance choreography rather than competing in rhythmic gymnastics? (Wikipedia currently lists her as a "pop-artist socialite". I cannot tell whether this is a back-handed comment or not Wink )
Gergely

PostPosted: Tue, 6-Oct-2015 9:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aftermath: Yana Kudryavtseva just had surgery on her ankle. I guess it's a correction one? As far as I know there was no injury, but a constant inflammation.
Gergely

PostPosted: Thu, 10-Dec-2015 17:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Test Event news:

Léa Peinoit, Océane Charoy and Samantha Ay all retire from RG, leaving the French group short in gymnasts. Due to the time constraints, the French Gymnastics Federation decided to withdraw France from the Rio Olympics Test Event.

France qualified as the last group to the Test Event, where seven groups fight for the remaining Olympic quotas. As reserve number one South Korea should take France's place, but that's not officially stated yet by FIG.
maksymehappy

PostPosted: Thu, 10-Dec-2015 23:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gergely wrote:
Test Event news:

Léa Peinoit, Océane Charoy and Samantha Ay all retire from RG, leaving the French group short in gymnasts. Due to the time constraints, the French Gymnastics Federation decided to withdraw France from the Rio Olympics Test Event.

Very odd time, and three leaving at once. World championships ended three months ago! A bit like three members of a band leaving before a world tour after the tickets went on sale. Think how much you'd have to fall out to do that. At least we can safely assume it wasn't because Phil Spector re-recorded the backing track after they went home Wink

Did Azerbaijan group replace some other group who suddenly went poorly in a competition this year?
butterflyRG

PostPosted: Fri, 11-Dec-2015 14:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel sorry for the two girls who don't plan to retire! What happened?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Events & Results All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40
Page 40 of 40

Jump to: