Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rules related to music
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Code of Points
View previous topic | View next topic  
IrisO

PostPosted: Thu, 21-Jul-2011 17:08    Post subject: Rules related to music Reply with quote

I didn't really know where to post this, but since these topics are all about rules, I post it here as well.

Can someone tell me what the rules related to music are for RG?

For example in acrobatic gymnastics there is a deduction for words in the music (except for nanana and lalala etc). How is that for RG?
Bella

PostPosted: Thu, 28-Jul-2011 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

It´s the same in RG. Voices are allowed but words arent allowed.
and the music has to be between (I think) 1min 20 and 1min 30 Smile
and i think you can get a deduction if the music is not "suiable" for RG.
(I dont think anyone knows what exactly is "not suitable" Rolling Eyes maybe something like heavy metal Very Happy )
Tahnee
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Fri, 29-Jul-2011 0:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

The music must be between 1.15 and 1.30 mins.

There is a music deduction taken by the coordinator judge for "Music not conforming to regulations" - this would be if the music had words, and I think for any illegal sounds (breaking glass, sirens etc) - although this part does not seem to appear in the COP anymore.
Linnea

PostPosted: Fri, 29-Jul-2011 0:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tahnee wrote:
The music must be between 1.15 and 1.30 mins.

There is a music deduction taken by the coordinator judge for "Music not conforming to regulations" - this would be if the music had words, and I think for any illegal sounds (breaking glass, sirens etc) - although this part does not seem to appear in the COP anymore.

Yes, because Kondakova's music for rope 2009 had sirens. No deduction?
psrgomes08

PostPosted: Fri, 29-Jul-2011 0:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trofimova's clubs has words in her music because you can clearly hear a "Hey Pachuco" in the song. Is it allowed? Confused
*Kalinka*

PostPosted: Fri, 29-Jul-2011 7:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

psrgomes08 wrote:
Trofimova's clubs has words in her music because you can clearly hear a "Hey Pachuco" in the song. Is it allowed? Confused

I don't think so, I think a judge can penalize her. In fact I don't understand why she uses that music, because I would of course penalize her.
Tahnee
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Fri, 29-Jul-2011 12:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kondakova's sirens shouldn't have been allowed, and Trofimova's... Well, that's completely beyond me. Stupid
Linnea

PostPosted: Fri, 29-Jul-2011 21:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

But music can be more than 1:30 as long as from your first move to your final pose is 1:15-1:30, correct? Kanaeva ribbon 2008, for example.
Hoops and Grand Fouettes

PostPosted: Fri, 29-Jul-2011 22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure the rules are like Artistic Gymnastics where you can have voices in your music, just not lyrics, because Vanessa Ferrari's floor music from the 2008 Olympics was almost entirely vocals.
Justin

PostPosted: Fri, 29-Jul-2011 22:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

The timer starts as soon as the gymnast moves. That allows the music to play before the first movement of the gymnast. There is a restriction of a maximum of 8 seconds introduction though (as far as I can remember):
* This results in a maximum music duration of 1:38.
* The minimum duration is indeed 1:15, but this doesn't really occur anymore since the COP of 2001

Some very short routines included Vitrichenko's 1999 Ribbon routine, with only 1:19, although Bessonova's 2001 Clubs wasn't lengthy either with about 1:23, but you can figure out yourself why these days nobody performs shorter routines Wink.

For example, Aurélie Lacour allowed a 5-6 seconds introduction of her music upon starting her 2005 ball routine, and Russia waited even 7-8 seconds before starting their 1999 Hoops/Ribbons routine, so they could use the entire composition of Summertime from Sam Taylor without cutting the music.

And I think Russia´s current 5 Balls routine was probably on the edge, as they now left the vocals similar to ´for meeee´ and the ´so in loooooove´ out.

Another questionable routine was Spain Hoops/Balls 2003 (Wch), where the music clearly said "Jazz"....

The rules for AG, Acro and RG are nowadays synchronized regarding music usage: the voice is only allowed if it is being used as some sort of instrument, with the restriction that it is disallowed if there are clearly spoken words. This can often be disputed, as one phrase/hum/yell might mean something in a different language...
Ksenia

PostPosted: Sat, 30-Jul-2011 14:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

But what about lyrics in latin? Confused like Bessonova's ribbon 2009...( Carmina Burana )
IrisO

PostPosted: Sat, 30-Jul-2011 14:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin wrote:

And I think Russia´s current 5 Balls routine was probably on the edge, as they now left the vocals similar to ´for meeee´ and the ´so in loooooove´ out.

What about Kondakova's ball routine from this year? She isn't deducted for THAT? Surprised

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKiT21hgm5w

Ksenia wrote:

But what about lyrics in latin? like Bessonova's ribbon 2009...( Carmina Burana )

I don't think it's allowed, because that would be the same with any other language imo. If I put some Dutch words in my routine, you wouldn't understand them, but they are words in the end... As an acrobatic judge I'd give a deduction.
*Kalinka*

PostPosted: Sat, 30-Jul-2011 14:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrisO wrote:
Justin wrote:

What about Kondakova's ball routine from this year? She isn't deducted for THAT? Surprised

In Kondakova's ball music there aren't words, but only vocals. The same thing for Bessonova's ribbon music, I think. Confused
IrisO

PostPosted: Sat, 30-Jul-2011 14:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Kalinka* wrote:
IrisO wrote:
Justin wrote:

In Kondakova's ball music there aren't words, but only vocals. The same thing for Bessonova's ribbon music, I think. Confused

Imo the word 'stop' is said a few times.. I don't know Bessonova's routine, I was just saying that if there were Latin words in a routine, I'd give a deduction.
Linnea

PostPosted: Sat, 30-Jul-2011 14:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrisO wrote:
*Kalinka* wrote:
IrisO wrote:
Justin wrote:

Imo the word 'stop' is said a few times.. I don't know Bessonova's routine, I was just saying that if there were Latin words in a routine, I'd give a deduction.

Even if Latin is a dead language, it's still a language. I'd give a deduction also. Names are deducted for, too? Like, my friend has music that says Anya in the middle (that's her name). It's not loud, but audible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Code of Points All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: