Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rules related to music
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Code of Points
View previous topic | View next topic  
andres

PostPosted: Sat, 6-Aug-2011 3:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoops and Grand Fouettes wrote:
andres wrote:
mark69 wrote:
Oh ok, now I understand. Because he wrote 2011 instead of 2010 Smile

Dmitrieva's ball music says: "Oh men"

the general rules is that music if contain vocals just must imitate a sound of an instrument by example a sound like a "ohhh ohhhh " but lyrics or parts of lyrics is not allowed .

a good example of what i say and should be the correct is the music used for Dominika cervenkova on her rope in 2005

Bessonova's Carmen cut.

that's too is a very good example
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Linnea

PostPosted: Mon, 26-Dec-2011 20:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember reading in the CoP that if music is "not fitting to the sport" there would be a deduction. I understand that, but, for example, would heavy metal and dubstep not be "suited" to rhythmic?
*Kalinka*

PostPosted: Mon, 26-Dec-2011 23:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linnea wrote:
I remember reading in the CoP that if music is "not fitting to the sport" there would be a deduction. I understand that, but, for example, would heavy metal and dubstep not be "suited" to rhythmic?

I also remember to have read something similiar, but now this rule isn't in the COP anymore. I think it was a good idea to remove them, since it was a quite subjective deduction.
andres

PostPosted: Wed, 28-Dec-2011 19:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Kalinka* wrote:
Linnea wrote:

I also remember to have read something similiar, but now this rule isn't in the COP anymore. I think it was a good idea to remove them, since it was a quite subjective deduction.

I think you get deduction if the music doesn't have any relation with the choreography .

The idea is that music have a relation on BPM or rhythm with the choreography and the idea that want to express on the routine..i seen since two months ago in a championship that a gymnast used a poupurri of enigma songs and her routine was dynamic ..was very good made and the music fit very well with choreography.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hoops and Grand Fouettes

PostPosted: Mon, 23-Jan-2012 3:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question. Would the words "Oh" and "Yeah" be okay in a cut. I'd like to make a cut of Mr. Saxobeat, but even in the instrumental cut, the words are still in it. Here's the instrumental: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B-hedph6Qs
Linnea

PostPosted: Tue, 24-Jan-2012 2:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoops and Grand Fouettes wrote:
I have a question. Would the words "Oh" and "Yeah" be okay in a cut. I'd like to make a cut of Mr. Saxobeat, but even in the instrumental cut, the words are still in it. Here's the instrumental: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B-hedph6Qs

Oh and Yeah are fine. As long as they don't have real meaning,, it's tolerable
Rhythmic fan84

PostPosted: Mon, 14-May-2012 19:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't find a topic for this so I am posting my question here. On Saturday, Merkulova performed 2 ribbon routines as the first one was done to her clubs music. What does the COP state about performing a routine to the incorrect music? Thanks Smile
AleksandraFan

PostPosted: Mon, 14-May-2012 20:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhythmic fan84 wrote:
I couldn't find a topic for this so I am posting my question here. On Saturday, Merkulova performed 2 ribbon routines as the first one was done to her clubs music. What does the COP state about performing a routine to the incorrect music? Thanks Smile

Whatever the rules are, I don't think they're ever followed. Just looking at Merkulova, whose music has been messed up twice this year:

The first time, when they realized that it was the wrong music, they stopped it after only about ten seconds and she started again when they found the right music. Then of course this time, they played it through, then she went again. Then last year at Tashkent, they played the wrong music for Staniouta, but she went all the way through.

I haven't looked at the COP, but according to my coach (who knows the COP like the back of her hand), if they play the wrong music, you're just supposed to keep going. Apparently, you can stop, but it's up to the organizers whether they'll stop the music or just keep playing.

What happens if they start the music before the gymnast is in her starting position? It happened to Liubov at Baltic Hoop (I think that was the competition), and she just ignored it, settled into her position, and waited for them to start it again. Is that official protocol?

I ♥ Sasha Merkulova!
Rhythmic fan84

PostPosted: Mon, 14-May-2012 20:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I just skimmed through the COP now but couldn't find anything. Will look tomorrow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Code of Points All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: