Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Leotard going up bottom
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Code of Points
View previous topic | View next topic  
violetblue2u

PostPosted: Thu, 1-Sep-2011 8:30    Post subject: Leotard going up bottom Reply with quote

Can anybody tell me if you can get a deduction for "showing " your bottom cheek. The coaches always tell the girls at gym not to pull at their Leo, but if they don't and it's right up their bottom, could it be a deduction?
Thank you, I'm very curious Confused
*Kalinka*

PostPosted: Thu, 1-Sep-2011 11:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's a deduction. But if I had your problem I would put underwear (you won't be penalized). I always wear it! Wink
IrisO

PostPosted: Thu, 1-Sep-2011 13:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure there's no deduction? Like for showing body parts that shouldn't be seen?? I'd definitely give a deduction.

And for 'underwear showing' there's a deduction as well, no?
Linnea

PostPosted: Thu, 1-Sep-2011 13:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah because in the code, it says no "suggestive nudity" or something like that.
I'd probably give a deduction if it was REALLY bad.
Youandi

PostPosted: Thu, 1-Sep-2011 13:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes my former AG coach used to say to us that we should use a thong or anything like that because when our underwear was showing and the judges would notice, we could get a deduction (don't ask me how much it was, i had no idea back then)
Hoops and Grand Fouettes

PostPosted: Fri, 2-Sep-2011 0:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know in AG it's a deduction. It's also a deduction in AG if you pick at it.
Youandi

PostPosted: Fri, 2-Sep-2011 9:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, although I don't know if it is also a deduction in RG, in AG it is
*Kalinka*

PostPosted: Fri, 2-Sep-2011 10:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

In AG there is a deduction for showing underwear, in RG there isn't (fortunately!). Wink
The Code only says The cut of the leotard at the top of the legs must not go beyond the fold of the crotch (maximum).

Anyway I think you won't get a deduction if the leotard moves during the routine, I think you will be penalized only if your leotard is in the wrong position since the beginning of the routine. But I'm not sure... Confused
andres

PostPosted: Wed, 14-Sep-2011 5:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think that deduction there isn't . like you said Kalinka . COP doesn't make mention to the problem and possible way of act .

that happen because the cut of the leotard isn't proper or that isn't the right size?

Linnea if you consider do deduction you would apply on artistic right? and what is score that you should apply to that penalization?

I was figure skating judge and if that would happen on figure skating i would consider raise red flag and that the skater fix the problem of her leotard and return to skate and if that situation happen again ,clearly would apply penalization of 0,50
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
psrgomes08

PostPosted: Mon, 11-Jun-2012 22:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lukonina always had "problems" with her leotards. I think she did it on purpose because it happened all the time.
Like in this picture, that you can see all her butt.

*Kalinka*

PostPosted: Tue, 12-Jun-2012 12:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Yana did that intentionally, it was probably because the 90% of her leos belonged to other gymnasts.

Err... When you uploaded the picture on Imagebam, did you choose "Family safe content" option? There is something really wrong if you click on the photo.
"Adult content" is referred to a certain kind of pictures, definitely not similiar to Yana's back scale turn. Wink

andres wrote:

Linnea if you consider do deduction you would apply on artistic right? and what is score that you should apply to that penalization?

No, it's a deduction (0.20) given by the coordinator judge.
Anyway I have changed my mind, in my opinion it would be logical if the deduction could be applied also if the leo moves during the routine. Because this means that the size of the leo wasn't right, and this is gymnast's fault. I find strange that a gymnast isn't penalized if she becomes obscene during the routine... Confused
psrgomes08

PostPosted: Tue, 12-Jun-2012 16:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Kalinka* wrote:
I don't think Yana did that intentionally, it was probably because the 90% of her leos belonged to other gymnasts.

Err... When you uploaded the picture on Imagebam, did you choose "Family safe content" option? There is something really wrong if you click on the photo.
"Adult content" is referred to a certain kind of pictures, definitely not similiar to Yana's back scale turn. Wink

andres wrote:

No, it's a deduction (0.20) given by the coordinator judge.
Anyway I have changed my mind, in my opinion it would be logical if the deduction could be applied also if the leo moves during the routine. Because this means that the size of the leo wasn't right, and this is gymnast's fault. I find strange that a gymnast isn't penalized if she becomes obscene during the routine... Confused

I'm sorry, perphaps I missed the part where I have to choose family safe, sorry.
*Shadow*

PostPosted: Tue, 12-Jun-2012 20:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you sure?? back when I was competing in UKR, there was definitely a deduction for the undergarments showing. we would use special fabric glue so that the leo and the undergarment pretty much stuck to your butt. (and in the US too)
*Kalinka*

PostPosted: Tue, 12-Jun-2012 20:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Shadow* wrote:
are you sure?? back when I was competing in UKR, there was definitely a deduction for the undergarments showing. we would use special fabric glue so that the leo and the undergarment pretty much stuck to your butt. (and in the US too)

Maybe it depends on the rules of the competition, but this is what the CoP says only this:

It doesn't mention a penality for visible underwear...
*Shadow*

PostPosted: Tue, 12-Jun-2012 20:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Kalinka* wrote:
*Shadow* wrote:

Maybe it depends on the rules of the competition, but this is what the CoP says only this:

It doesn't mention a penality for visible underwear...

maybe the rules have changed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Code of Points All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: