Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems in current RG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Code of Points
View previous topic | View next topic  
Robincat

PostPosted: Tue, 31-Aug-2004 20:23    Post subject: Problems in current RG Reply with quote

This post duplicates one in Events & Results, but I am trying to cover as much ground as possible.

OK, I know this is a big topic, but I am collecting information on RG's biggest problems at the current time. I am not looking for information like which gymnast is better than which, but something based more on fact than preference -- for example, what Marie posted earlier on this board: that the overabundance of combinations encourages injury to gymnast and disrupts the fluidity of routines.

Here are some other examples:
--A variety of body shapes are not represented in routines, because a gymnast can do and get credit for, for instance, a back arch in almost all of her leaps, jumps, balances, and pivots. Thus a single routine can be filled with back arches, which makes for an unbalanced composition.
--Gymnasts often don't perform their difficulties exactly as indicated on their TV forms, yet they don't always receive deductions for this (as in Kiev).
--The number of combinations in a routine leaves little time for the artistic aspect of the sport, that is, choreography that flows from one skill to another and interesting non-value transitional elements.

I'm sure you get the idea. So please post here or e-mail me (RGWorld@aol.com) with your observations. If you are a former or present gymnast, coach, or judge, please be specific about why these issues are problematic for you. Thanks in advance.
Contortionist

PostPosted: Sun, 5-Dec-2004 2:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

As many people would say, those examples are usually abided to Kabaeva. If i'm not mistaken. Beszonova and Godunko also have this problem with too much jumping. Beszonova has some great pivots, she should show them much more.
Kabaeva 4 ever

PostPosted: Sun, 5-Dec-2004 14:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

one nore problem: corupttion
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Code of Points All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: