Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Have judges become stricter?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Code of Points
View previous topic | View next topic  
anjie

PostPosted: Sun, 31-Oct-2004 18:48    Post subject: Have judges become stricter? Reply with quote

I've seen in results from 2001 and 2002 that gymnasts more often got scores of 27's and 28's. Now it is more common to give them 25's and 26's. is that because of the change in the COP regarding AV and number of TV combinations or is it becuase the judges have become stricter?
Marie

PostPosted: Tue, 2-Nov-2004 10:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

In 2001-2002, basic choreography in the artistic value was worth 5 points. In 2003-2004, it was only worth 2 points. (The 3 points lost have gone to the SAC - "bonus elements", but I think generally, the total AV scores have gone down.)
Contortionist

PostPosted: Sun, 5-Dec-2004 2:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've noticed that also. that is why choreography is very awful compared to like 5-10 years ago. gymnasts then also have much better execution, and i mean that in a general term. in pivots the gymnast is either lost balance or not in correct position. i find it that sometimes judges just give out free points in some elements that are not suppose to count. i noticed that a lot on many top contenders--kabaeva, beszonova, tchachina, and as well as yussupova, godunko, peycheva, and zhukova.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Code of Points All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: