Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sofia World Cup 5-6 May
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Events & Results
View previous topic | View next topic  
latvy6

PostPosted: Mon, 7-May-2012 3:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Japan always seems to have bad luck in gymnastics, despite having talented gymnasts...it's like someone put a hex on them or something. Watching

YUKA-CHAN! SUGU NI YOKU NARU YO!

I'm waiting for the group's official blog to update and say something for an official update...
http://ameblo.jp/fairy-pola/

The procedure for a hip dislocation in general is pretty straightforward, it's the recovery that I'm concerned about...
Justin

PostPosted: Mon, 7-May-2012 21:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, who was the unfortunate Japanese group gymnast? I have to make note of it, since I provided some names to my friends at the press agencies, about which groups and gymnasts qualified for the Olympics, and they asked me for some background story...
just_me

PostPosted: Mon, 7-May-2012 22:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin wrote:
Actually, who was the unfortunate Japanese group gymnast? I have to make note of it, since I provided some names to my friends at the press agencies, about which groups and gymnasts qualified for the Olympics, and they asked me for some background story...

Yuka Endo. I am not really sure how to spell her name correctly but hopefully you get it Smile!
latvy6, please, inform us when they post something!
latvy6

PostPosted: Mon, 7-May-2012 22:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

just_me wrote:
Justin wrote:

Yuka Endo. I am not really sure how to spell her name correctly but hopefully you get it Smile!
latvy6, please, inform us when they post something!

http://ameblo.jp/fairy-pola/entry-11244209980.html Yuka has written on the group's official blog!

I'll try to translate best I can! Chinese and English are my first languages, and I only studied French and Japanese in high school and I didn't continue with Japanese in university so I can't promise that my translation will be perfect. There are also several words that don't translate into English very well since there really aren't terms in English for certain things that they do have in Japanese...but I tried my best!

Yuka Endo (遠藤由華) wrote:
I think everyone has already heard the news. During competition at Sofia World Cup, I was unable to stand after the opening bridge and interrupted the performance, and I was sent to the hospital. Results of an x-ray showed that I dislocated the left femoral neck (hip). I had surgery on the 5th. It was successful, but now I must rest. I had been training before with care, and the injury was only an accident. Since I am in the choreography for balls and for ribbon+hoop we had to change members which was very difficult for the rest of the girls since they were already mentally bothered. But with the combined force of everyone we will overcome. I will now be completely dedicated to rehabilitation. To be honest, I am feeling very frustrated but as a member of Fairy Japan POLA I will fight to the very end! I am still committed and will do my very best not to give up the Olympics. Thank you to everyone for your kind words of concern. I am deeply sorry if I made anyone worry as it is very inconvenient. TO THE FUTURE! FAIRY JAPAN POLA TEAM! Thank you to everyone once again!
just_me

PostPosted: Mon, 7-May-2012 23:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, latvy6 Smile!
ybalka_

PostPosted: Tue, 8-May-2012 0:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

latvy6 wrote:

Yuka Endo (遠藤由華) wrote:
I think everyone has already heard the news. During competition at Sofia World Cup, I was unable to stand after the opening bridge and interrupted the performance, and I was sent to the hospital. Results of an x-ray showed that I dislocated the left femoral neck (hip). I had surgery on the 5th. It was successful, but now I must rest. I had been training before with care, and the injury was only an accident. Since I am in the choreography for balls and for ribbon+hoop we had to change members which was very difficult for the rest of the girls since they were already mentally bothered. But with the combined force of everyone we will overcome. I will now be completely dedicated to rehabilitation. To be honest, I am feeling very frustrated but as a member of Fairy Japan POLA I will fight to the very end! I am still committed and will do my very best not to give up the Olympics. Thank you to everyone for your kind words of concern. I am deeply sorry if I made anyone worry as it is very inconvenient. TO THE FUTURE! FAIRY JAPAN POLA TEAM! Thank you to everyone once again!

thank you latvy6!
This girl must have a statue erected on her honor, because her strength, self-improvement capacity, humility and optimism. It is very within japanese culture to be like this. But for sure the girl has taken the best part of this and to me is admirable how she had the willingness to write some words, supporting her team and even asking for apology if her injury may have caused any worry. And always caring about the team as if they were one single person.

I can only send her my best regards and the best of the recoveries. With that thought she'll overcome almost anything in life. Love
Hoops and Grand Fouettes

PostPosted: Tue, 8-May-2012 3:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, latvy6!

I hope she will be able to attend the Olympics. I know it might not be possible, but...
Tahnee
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Tue, 8-May-2012 8:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

latvy6 wrote:
Japan always seems to have bad luck in gymnastics, despite having talented gymnasts...it's like someone put a hex on them or something. Watching

You know that one of the JPN group members also broke their nose in Penza the week before.... They seem to be a very unlucky group!
Justin

PostPosted: Tue, 8-May-2012 9:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you -- I did Google Translate her blog right away, but I wasn't really sure whether Google Translated it correctly, but apparently, it did.

Poor Japanese team, they are definitely having bad luck. At least Yuka had a little bit of Olympic experience, as I thought she performed in Beijing 2008 as well. But of course, competing in another Olympic Games is a dream, too!
dalit

PostPosted: Tue, 8-May-2012 9:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tahnee wrote:
latvy6 wrote:

You know that one of the JPN group members also broke their nose in Penza the week before.... They seem to be a very unlucky group!

I'm not surprised and i will not call it unlucky group.
The JPN group is training now with the Russian coaches who built them risky routines.When you are doing such high level gymnastics and you take risks so you have good chances for medals but also for injuries..(see also the case of the Russian's group).

Thanks "latvi6" for update us and hope everything will be ok in the end!
uscoach

PostPosted: Tue, 8-May-2012 17:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

dalit wrote:
Tahnee wrote:
latvy6 wrote:

The JPN group is training now with the Russian coaches who built them risky routines.When you are doing such high level gymnastics and you take risks so you have good chances for medals but also for injuries..(see also the case of the Russian's group).

i don't think that injury was the coache's fault. it looked like a freak accident. it happened in a fairly easy skill. All coaches try their best to keep their athletes injury free. Unfortunately injuries happen, and this was a particularly unexpected one. I hope the girl will recover before the OG and she can participate.
dalit

PostPosted: Tue, 8-May-2012 20:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

uscoach wrote:
dalit wrote:
Tahnee wrote:
latvy6 wrote:

i don't think that injury was the coache's fault. it looked like a freak accident. it happened in a fairly easy skill. All coaches try their best to keep their athletes injury free. Unfortunately injuries happen, and this was a particularly unexpected one. I hope the girl will recover before the OG and she can participate.

I also don't think that the injury was the coaches's fault .i was refering in general to the fact that groups that have more complicated risky routines like Rus+Jpn,have more chances for injuries.
Like you weren't surprised to hear that Kanaeva's back was hurt in the past but you will be surprised to hear it about Rivkin ..and it has nothing to do with their excellent coaches just with the fact that Kanaeva uses very often her back in her skills and Rivkin doesn't.
I hope i'm clear now....
latvy6

PostPosted: Wed, 9-May-2012 3:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't say that the routines are riskier now though...they've always been an ambitious group! ^^;

I don't think it was their coach's fault either, especially since she seems to care about them all like her own children. In pictures with the girls she looks like a proud mother and I also remember a video where she attempts to say something in Japanese and everyone laughs. Love

And I had no idea one of the girls injured her nose! o.O; When I meant cursed, I meant that they usually make unfortunate mistakes when it really counts...like in 2003 when they missed the bar for Athens, and in 2008 with their mistakes that caused them to miss finals...even in 2009 on their home turf they managed to make freak mistakes that cost them quite a bit. Shocked And also how Japan's men's artistic team made mistakes that a lot of people still can't forget. (Everyone's pretty much praying that Kohei Uchimura doesn't make some freak accident in London or before it...)
Marichka

PostPosted: Wed, 9-May-2012 7:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tahnee wrote:
latvy6 wrote:

If this information correct, I think that JPN group coaches and doctors have to make blood test for all of team members for Ca level in blood. If two team members brokes their bones it's look like problem with Ca lack in their bones... They have to find the reason for this before it will be too late...
AleksandraFan

PostPosted: Wed, 9-May-2012 14:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marichka wrote:
Tahnee wrote:
latvy6 wrote:

If this information correct, I think that JPN group coaches and doctors have to make blood test for all of team members for Ca level in blood. If two team members brokes their bones it's look like problem with Ca lack in their bones... They have to find the reason for this before it will be too late...

Only one gymnast had a broken 'bone'; the other dislocated her hip.

I ♥ Sasha Merkulova!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Events & Results All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 17 of 18

Jump to: