Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

COP 2013- 2016 (Provisional version)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Code of Points
View previous topic | View next topic  
Tahnee
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Thu, 28-Feb-2013 14:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Kalinka* wrote:
About risks: can the "change of level" bonus be applied even if I'm not changing the level from one rotation to the other?
For example: if I perform throw from standing position + roll + another rotation on the floor, can I ask credit for the change of level?

No. Change of level must be performed between two rotations.
*Kalinka*

PostPosted: Thu, 28-Feb-2013 16:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, now I have found that the CoP says that additional criteria can be performed during the throw and/or catch of the apparatus and/or during the body rotation! Smile
But, if I perform a throw during a jump, and then I perform chainé + roll, can I claim two changes of level? One for flight / standing up position and another one for standing up position / on the floor? Confused
Artistry Fan

PostPosted: Thu, 28-Feb-2013 19:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read through the Errata and from pg.3:

"1.6.Apparatus Mastery (M) and Originality (O ) 1.6.1.

General requirements: Mastery consists of apparatus element combinations:
Necessarily including non-ordinary/original combinations of apparatus elements"

... and the separate section detailing Originalities, I get the impression that you can claim Mastery on something unoriginal (but displays better than average handling) that meets the minimum 2 criteria. So, something like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeQbKoslmBo&t=0m40s could be M [Rebound of Stick] ([Without Hands] + [IF she did it out of sight or some other criteria.. not sure if she does have 2nd at the moment]), or, the base could also be Dance.

Am I reading this correctly, or do we still have the issue of Mastery = Original?
becca

PostPosted: Thu, 28-Feb-2013 21:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Kalinka* wrote:
Thanks, now I have found that the CoP says that additional criteria can be performed during the throw and/or catch of the apparatus and/or during the body rotation! Smile
But, if I perform a throw during a jump, and then I perform chainé + roll, can I claim two changes of level? One for flight / standing up position and another one for standing up position / on the floor? Confused

no still only 1 change of level, because it is DER which is rotations. It is always between rotations. So whatever changes after the first rotation.
becca

PostPosted: Thu, 28-Feb-2013 21:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Artistry Fan wrote:
Just read through the Errata and from pg.3:

"1.6.Apparatus Mastery (M) and Originality (O ) 1.6.1.

General requirements: Mastery consists of apparatus element combinations:
Necessarily including non-ordinary/original combinations of apparatus elements"

... and the separate section detailing Originalities, I get the impression that you can claim Mastery on something unoriginal (but displays better than average handling) that meets the minimum 2 criteria. So, something like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeQbKoslmBo&t=0m40s could be M [Rebound of Stick] ([Without Hands] + [IF she did it out of sight or some other criteria.. not sure if she does have 2nd at the moment]), or, the base could also be Dance.

Am I reading this correctly, or do we still have the issue of Mastery = Original?

Well everything i learnt on my course was that it has to be original. Something that makes you go oooooooo very nice (and has to be very clean). I don't know what others would say but i wouldn't count that as mastery, obviously she doesnt have 2 criteria but i wouldnt say it was original enough.

When on the course they said that they wanted to encourage rolls. So a series of rolls with an additional criteria is mastery that they want to see. These masteries would be seen as unoriginal but they look very nice when performed well. In my opinion that is the unoriginal masteries they are looking for atm.

Just my opinion of course
Artistry Fan

PostPosted: Thu, 28-Feb-2013 22:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks becca! What would your thoughts be for this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4OenQW1xFw?

0:01-0:03: [Roll on Floor] - with rotation, without hands
0:39:0:42 OR 0:52-0:53: [Small Throw] - with rotation, without hands

Can the Other Group "Small throw/catch" be claimed as two separate bases? I.E. [Small Throw] (2 criteria) then [Small Catch] (2 criteria)? Because then maybe she could also claim [Small Catch] as another Mastery base for the first move provided she get another criteria there somehow.

Or would you still say these are still too ordinary looking?

Last edited by Artistry Fan on Thu, 28-Feb-2013 22:59; edited 1 time in total
Themis

PostPosted: Thu, 28-Feb-2013 22:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Artistry Fan wrote:
Thanks becca! What would your thoughts be for this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4OenQW1xFw?

0:39:0:42: [Small Throw] - with rotation, without hands

Can the Other Group "Small throw/catch" be claimed as two separate bases? I.E. [Small Throw] (2 criteria) then [Small Catch] (2 criteria)? Because then maybe she could also claim [Small Catch] as another Mastery base for the first move.

Or would you still say these are still too ordinary looking.

First element could be mastery but not for the roll. Look at the catch of the other club. Second element could also be mastery with small throw but she can only have one mastery with small throw/catch symbol in this routine.
Artistry Fan

PostPosted: Thu, 28-Feb-2013 23:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Themis wrote:
Artistry Fan wrote:

Can the Other Group "Small throw/catch" be claimed as two separate bases? I.E. [Small Throw] (2 criteria) then [Small Catch] (2 criteria)? Because then maybe she could also claim [Small Catch] as another Mastery base for the first move.

First element could be mastery but not for the roll. Look at the catch of the other club. Second element could also be mastery with small throw but she can only have one mastery with small throw/catch symbol in this routine.

That makes sense since it's revolving mostly around what she's doing with the catch. It seems like she's using the same base for 0:01-0:03, 0:39-0:42, AND 0:52-0:53, but is allowed to count only 1. I assume she's repeating to ensure that she gets that Mastery.

Unrelated: What is the value for a turning ring w/ back arch? I am guessing turning split + ring + back bend = .80, but that seems so high.

And http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5RcDfKidsM&t=0m12s.. would be penchee flat to penchee releve (.40 + .50 + .10 = 1.00)? And is there any value added for the bended leg?

0:41 might be an example of the rolling Mastery that becca was speaking of earlier. In this case, [Roll Min. 2 Segments] (without hands + out of sight)
becca

PostPosted: Fri, 1-Mar-2013 12:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Artistry Fan wrote:
Themis wrote:
Artistry Fan wrote:

That makes sense since it's revolving mostly around what she's doing with the catch. It seems like she's using the same base for 0:01-0:03, 0:39-0:42, AND 0:52-0:53, but is allowed to count only 1. I assume she's repeating to ensure that she gets that Mastery.

Unrelated: What is the value for a turning ring w/ back arch? I am guessing turning split + ring + back bend = .80, but that seems so high.

And http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5RcDfKidsM&t=0m12s.. would be penchee flat to penchee releve (.40 + .50 + .10 = 1.00)? And is there any value added for the bended leg?

0:41 might be an example of the rolling Mastery that becca was speaking of earlier. In this case, [Roll Min. 2 Segments] (without hands + out of sight)

The roll series i would have counted had she not made a slight error in the first roll, the ball was meant to roll without the help of her hands.

The turning leap with back bend of the trunk and with ring at the back would value 0.8, most gymnasts perform 0.7 value move with just the back bend of the trunk.

The penchee i think she is actually performing both elements on relevee so it would be 0.5 + 0.5 +0.1 = 1.10 (2 difficulties).

the routine before with clubs, the second 2 masteries would be crossed off as they repeat the base. If the first was to not count, ie made a mistake then she would not have got any points for all 3 masteries.
Tahnee
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Fri, 1-Mar-2013 14:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no such leap as turning ring with back bend - you either do turning split with ring, or turning split with back bend. Combining both would really be just doing turning split with ring with more amplitude, which doesn't increase the value of the difficulty.
Artistry Fan

PostPosted: Fri, 1-Mar-2013 15:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tahnee wrote:
There is no such leap as turning ring with back bend - you either do turning split with ring, or turning split with back bend. Combining both would really be just doing turning split with ring with more amplitude, which doesn't increase the value of the difficulty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4OenQW1xFw&t=1m24s

Tahnee, which would she be doing here? I might be getting terminology or shape confused because of artistic gymnastics. Watching

Thank you very much, becca. Curious then that Charopa is doing the same Mastery three times.. but then it is still early so who knows. Or maybe she is claiming a different base and criteria than I am seeing.

I did not know she could do the same penchee on releve balance as a combination, as it would be repetition, no?
*Kalinka*

PostPosted: Fri, 1-Mar-2013 15:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

becca wrote:
*Kalinka* wrote:

no still only 1 change of level, because it is DER which is rotations. It is always between rotations. So whatever changes after the first rotation.

OK, thanks for the clarification! Very Happy
becca

PostPosted: Fri, 1-Mar-2013 23:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Artistry Fan wrote:

I did not know she could do the same penchee on releve balance as a combination, as it would be repetition, no?

No as the relation between the leg and the body has changed, for example you can do penchee and penchee with help.

I think anyway, can someone else clarify?
Tahnee
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Sat, 2-Mar-2013 0:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Artistry Fan wrote:
Tahnee, which would she be doing here? I might be getting terminology or shape confused because of artistic gymnastics. Watching

This is a turning split with ring leap - 0.60.
OOTCHY

PostPosted: Sun, 3-Mar-2013 4:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some questions plz
1-I want to know sonething if i do 2 criteria in one body difficulty do i add 0.2 in addition to the difficulty
2- now the mastery can be the base and only two criteria?
3-if i do 2 rotation pivots i add the same value like before for rx 2 rotation peche povot i willl add 0.5 and. 0.5
4-i have to change the way of throwing the risk for ex the ball if i have 3 risks do i have to throw one normally , the other outside visual and third in also another different way ,
Plz i need help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Code of Points All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 24 of 26

Jump to: