Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Interruptions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Code of Points
View previous topic | View next topic  
Anna Kull

PostPosted: Sun, 6-May-2012 14:04    Post subject: Interruptions Reply with quote

The injury of the JPN group gymnast brought a question to my mind about the handling of interruptions in RG:

1. What happens if a gymnasts stopps her performance before the end of the music due to injury? Does she/or the group get a score or not or are they to be eliminated?

2. Is there a rule that says something like you have to go on untill the jury stopps you in order to get a score?

3. Is it allowed in RG to continue a routine after an interruption due to "an unforseen thing" happening such as say something would fall of the ceeling and land on the carpet?
pantagym

PostPosted: Sun, 6-May-2012 15:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

The COP gives the following penalties( coordinator judge):
''Group gymnast leaving her group during the exercise 0.50p.'' and
''Use of reserve gymnast 0.50 p.''
But i don't think that is possible to happened.....it's only theory....Sad
Justin

PostPosted: Wed, 9-May-2012 19:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's what the generalities says. However, when you look in the group specific part (page 69 of the COP), it says:

1.2 RESERVE GYMNASTS
(See Technical Regulations)

If during an exercise, a gymnast leaves the group for a valid reason:

The gymnast may be replaced by a reserve gymnast
Penalties:
Coordinator Judge:
- 0,20 point for ”gymnast leaving the floor area"
- 0,50 point for ”use of a reserve gymnast"

The gymnast is not replaced
Penalties:

* Artistry Judges:
2.00 points or 1.00 point depending on whether the gymnast left the group during the first half or during the second half of the exercise (set penalty for composition requirements not met because of the absence of one gymnast).

* Execution Judges:
Possible faults for disruption of general harmony, formations, travellings, etc.

* Coordinator Judge:
0.20 point for gymnast leaving the floor area.

Note: One reserve gymnast is allowed in the competition area during the performance of the exercise.

So they penalty for gymnast leaving the floor contradicts with the part stated under generalities... or I might have overlooked a newsletter...

I'm not really sure about individual routines though, as I couldn't really find something really quick

----------

As for your third question, this is what it says in the generalities part, regarding apparatuses.

5.4. BROKEN APPARATUS OR APPARATUS CAUGHT IN THE SMALL BEAMS OF THE CEILING
5.4.1. If the apparatus breaks during an exercise or gets caught in the small beams of the ceiling, the gymnast or the group will not be authorized to start the exercise over.

5.4.2. However, the gymnast or the group will not be penalized for the broken apparatus or the apparatus caught in the small beams of the ceiling, but will only be penalized for the consequences

5.4.3. In such a case, the gymnast or the group may:
* either stop the exercise
* or continue the exercise with a replacement apparatus.

Note: No gymnast or group is allowed to continue an exercise with a broken apparatus. If the exercise is continued, it will not be evaluated (0.00 pt).

Penalties:
* If the gymnast or the group stops the exercise, the exercise is evaluated until the moment of interruption, taking into consideration the deductions for the consequences of the interruption (i.e. absence of harmony between music and movement at the end of the exercise, etc.).

* If the gymnast or the group resumes the exercise with a replacement apparatus, the penalties will be the same as for loss of the apparatus and use of a replacement apparatus (see Paragraphs 5.2.2. and 5.2.3. above).

(5.2.2. If the apparatus falls and leaves the floor area, the use of a replacement apparatus is allowed.

Penalties:
* 0.50 point for loss of apparatus, regardless of how far the gymnast is from the replacement apparatus, penalty applied by the Execution Judges.

* 0.20 point for apparatus leaving the floor area, penalty applied by Coordinator Judge.

5.2.3. If the apparatus falls but does not leave the floor area, the use of a replacement apparatus is not authorized.

Penalties:
* 0.50 point for loss of apparatus, penalty applied by the Execution Judges
* 0.50 point for use of a replacement apparatus, penalty applied by the Coordinator Judge)

Then again, I think you refer of, let's say, a lamp would fall down on the carpet. Or what if a gymnast knocks herself unconscious with a club? I'm not really sure...
akika10

PostPosted: Wed, 9-May-2012 21:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone else remember when Staniouta broke her ribbon in 2010?
It happens at around 0:24.

I think she wasn't scored but why not if she replaced the apparatus (Kondakova lent her a ribbon)?

The same thing happened with Julie Zetlin during a ribbon exercise but I don't know what the penalty was?

Quote:
If the gymnast or the group stops the exercise, the exercise is evaluated until the moment of interruption

And in the case of Russia's 2007 5 ribbons, was that scored up until the moment they stopped? Or does it not count as a stop in the exercise because they kept the apparatus moving?

Also, does anyone else know of others?
AleksandraFan

PostPosted: Wed, 9-May-2012 21:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

akika10 wrote:

I think she wasn't scored but why not if she replaced the apparatus (Kondakova lent her a ribbon)?

The same thing happened with Julie Zetlin during a ribbon exercise but I don't know what the penalty was?

Because the ribbon wasn't a spare that she had placed on the side of the carpet. I'm not sure of the exact technicalities, but because it wasn't a spare, there was no score.

I ♥ Sasha Merkulova!
Anna Kull

PostPosted: Sun, 20-May-2012 18:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin wrote:
Yes, that's what the generalities says. However, when you look in the group specific part (page 69 of the COP), it says:

1.2 RESERVE GYMNASTS
(See Technical Regulations)

If during an exercise, a gymnast leaves the group for a valid reason:

The gymnast may be replaced by a reserve gymnast
Penalties:
Coordinator Judge:
- 0,20 point for ”gymnast leaving the floor area"
- 0,50 point for ”use of a reserve gymnast"

The gymnast is not replaced
Penalties:

* Artistry Judges:
2.00 points or 1.00 point depending on whether the gymnast left the group during the first half or during the second half of the exercise (set penalty for composition requirements not met because of the absence of one gymnast).

* Execution Judges:
Possible faults for disruption of general harmony, formations, travellings, etc.

* Coordinator Judge:
0.20 point for gymnast leaving the floor area.

Note: One reserve gymnast is allowed in the competition area during the performance of the exercise.

So they penalty for gymnast leaving the floor contradicts with the part stated under generalities... or I might have overlooked a newsletter...

I'm not really sure about individual routines though, as I couldn't really find something really quick

----------

As for your third question, this is what it says in the generalities part, regarding apparatuses.

5.4. BROKEN APPARATUS OR APPARATUS CAUGHT IN THE SMALL BEAMS OF THE CEILING
5.4.1. If the apparatus breaks during an exercise or gets caught in the small beams of the ceiling, the gymnast or the group will not be authorized to start the exercise over.

5.4.2. However, the gymnast or the group will not be penalized for the broken apparatus or the apparatus caught in the small beams of the ceiling, but will only be penalized for the consequences

5.4.3. In such a case, the gymnast or the group may:
* either stop the exercise
* or continue the exercise with a replacement apparatus.

Note: No gymnast or group is allowed to continue an exercise with a broken apparatus. If the exercise is continued, it will not be evaluated (0.00 pt).

Penalties:
* If the gymnast or the group stops the exercise, the exercise is evaluated until the moment of interruption, taking into consideration the deductions for the consequences of the interruption (i.e. absence of harmony between music and movement at the end of the exercise, etc.).

* If the gymnast or the group resumes the exercise with a replacement apparatus, the penalties will be the same as for loss of the apparatus and use of a replacement apparatus (see Paragraphs 5.2.2. and 5.2.3. above).

(5.2.2. If the apparatus falls and leaves the floor area, the use of a replacement apparatus is allowed.

Penalties:
* 0.50 point for loss of apparatus, regardless of how far the gymnast is from the replacement apparatus, penalty applied by the Execution Judges.

* 0.20 point for apparatus leaving the floor area, penalty applied by Coordinator Judge.

5.2.3. If the apparatus falls but does not leave the floor area, the use of a replacement apparatus is not authorized.

Penalties:
* 0.50 point for loss of apparatus, penalty applied by the Execution Judges
* 0.50 point for use of a replacement apparatus, penalty applied by the Coordinator Judge)

Then again, I think you refer of, let's say, a lamp would fall down on the carpet. Or what if a gymnast knocks herself unconscious with a club? I'm not really sure...

Thank's for your detailed repley! Yes, the lamp is a good example*ggg How ever the gymnast knowking her self out by a club would be something different as it would be her mistake... (*hope never happens*)
Eulucil

PostPosted: Sun, 27-May-2012 18:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

AleksandraFan wrote:
akika10 wrote:

Because the ribbon wasn't a spare that she had placed on the side of the carpet. I'm not sure of the exact technicalities, but because it wasn't a spare, there was no score.

Exactly Smile They should use her spare apparatus, if they continue their routine without apparatus, with the broken apparatus, or with an apparatus that flied into the area, they'll get a 0.
If you don't have replacement apparatus, you have to stop the routine, and you'll get counted what you've done.
Also for apparatus caught on the ceiling.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Code of Points All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: