Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ballet Aids

View previous topic | View next topic  
MysteriousBallerina

PostPosted: Mon, 11-Jun-2012 5:14    Post subject: Ballet Aids Reply with quote

Hey Everyone! Very Happy
I've read a few posts here with people asking for help regarding ballet technique. Since I have some knowledge on ballet and am here to learn more about G technique, I figured I could be of help for those looking for help.

Even though the ballet technique is different in RG, the truth is, if you learn real classical ballet technique that hasn't been adjusted for RG, you'd be better off. Ballet exercises in the barre and center are designed to help strengthen your entire body and create flexibility and stability. It also corrects your posture and when exercises are performed correctly, they are very beneficial.

If you're unable to get to a ballet studio, the absolute best instructional DVD series would be the Finis Jhung dvds in my opinion. If you haven't taken proper ballet training in a dance studio, I suggest you start at the absolute beginner level from his dvds. He breaks down body placement and really explains proper placement and the movements so you can execute proper technique. ( If you have netflix, I believe the videos are available there).

I'll be adding Ballet videos that have good tips and tricks to them from youtube.

At the end of the day, even if it's once a month to an open class, it's really important that you get to a studio even if you aren't going a ballet route. Practicing improper technique can actually weaken you and make you more prone and/or cause unwanted injuries.

Hope this helps. If anyone has any questions, I'll try to answer it my best.

I'll be back with videos Very Happy

sanchara

PostPosted: Tue, 12-Jun-2012 9:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » The Gym All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: